Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you go to work today? Will you go tomorrow?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 11:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

I arrived into work late this morning only to find 40% of my team didn't come in.

It wasn't the nicest of drives in but it wasn't a huge problem either, apart from being slow moving.

But if it's worse tomorrow morning then I may be tempted to stay home. I'd feel a bit guilty though:o

So, are you the model employee who trawls to work rain, sleet or snow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Who the hell works nowadays?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes. I cycled. And i'll be doing the same tomorrow hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

wrecking your car and losing your no claims bonus is not worth one days wages

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I did. shouldn't have. And am not arsed bout tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Left about 45 minutes earlier so that I would get there on time. I am from a generation that does not take their job for granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Hopefully it wont be too bad and I'll get in tmrw - it was a 5 hours today though on whats usually a 90 minute round trip. bf on the m50 for nearly 3 hours, he's at the red cow now... still to get to Newbridge..
    I think a snow day is in order for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Its pretty annoying when people think that because there's some snow, they're entitled to a day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yea but it rained, will go tomorrow, if it rains I have a lot less work :( I don't have a lot of work as it is :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

SarahJ wrote: »
    Its pretty annoying when people think that because there's some snow, they're entitled to a day off.

They are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's not a case of being entitled to anything. If I can go in tomorrow then I will, but if I think it's too dangerous then I'd rather not feel bad about staying home and have people think I'm just taking the piss.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    They are

Why? because if thier normal routine is disrupted they can take a day off?

Whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Especially the lads that drive the gritters.....fcuking dossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

I dont think that I'm entitled to a day off because of the snow... I tried the trip today, now I know its just too stressful/nerve-wrecking/putting your life in some impatient ar$eholes hands - so just not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

This is the kind of attitude to work that will get us through the recession!

Seriously though, we've had a tiny bit of snow, get over it! You're not going to die driving to work and if you're that worried there are always other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

I hope schools out 2moro...
    I have the mocks :(..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

This is the kind of attitude to work that will get us through the recession!

Seriously though, we've had a tiny bit of snow, get over it! You're not going to die driving to work and if you're that worried there are always other options.

easy for you to say, you are a multi million pound footballer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Left about 45 minutes earlier so that I would get there on time. I am from a generation that does not take their job for granted.

Which generation is that? I don't take mine for granted either, and will be in regardless of the conditions tomorrow, but I couldn't say the same of anyone else bar one other member of staff who's in her early thirties (which I'm not). I don't think it's a generation thing, I think it's a standards thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 33,032 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I work from home, so natually no - I'll be taking a snow day tomorrow...

....oh wait... it's not snowing here... sh1t...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I think too many people have been watching the UK news and saw some serious snow there. There was **** all here

I went in to college today. Walked for 30 minutes to the train station, and when I was coming home walked through that snow blizzard-like weather. It was annoying, but the snow was barely sticking....no excuse to not travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Blue skies and sunshine in Limerick so yes, I went to work today. And I'll be going tomorrow cos no snow forecasted for here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Took a friend of mine 5 hours to get home to kilcullen this evening. To get to work for 8 he'll have to leave at 3 am

It may only have been " a little snow" but visibility was dreadful and cars could not get up motorway off ramps

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

was stuck in literally a blizzard this morning leaving the house but two miles down the road there was hardly any snow and the city centre was practically clear.. flew across the city am hoping tomorrow will be the same ..so will definetly attempt to get to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Well if the Waterford crystal lads are still going to work even thou' they've no jobs - atleast try get out the front door and down to the bus stop. After 30 minutes and no bus, go home in defeat and watch Jeremy Kyle for punishment.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Took me two and a half hours to drive to work today (usually 40 minutes) and to get home (usually 40-50 minutes). Better off working at home tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Took my Dad two hours to get from Dolphins Barn Fire Station to Palmerstown, dire.

Imagine the colleges will be closed?

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Which generation is that? I don't take mine for granted either, and will be in regardless of the conditions tomorrow, but I couldn't say the same of anyone else bar one other member of staff who's in her early thirties (which I'm not). I don't think it's a generation thing, I think it's a standards thing.
    stovelid wrote: »

Please understand I don't care. I did once but you wore me out.

I get a giggle out of seeing pathetic useless fuks missing their jobs or as I like to say it, getting handed their asses back.

There are so many young people who thought their employers should have been happy that they came to work who will be a little surprised over the next few months.

lol tbh. Welcome to another type of world.

Sorry I meant to add this.

/Smirks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I might work from home tomorrow lol, but only cos i was working late today and dint get home till all hours :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Please understand I don't care. I did once but you wore me out.

I get a giggle out of seeing pathetic useless fuks missing their jobs or as I like to say it, getting handed their asses back.

There are so many young people who thought their employers should have been happy that they came to work who will be a little surprised over the next few months.

lol tbh. Welcome to another type of world.

Stamina issues?

Advertisement