Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you go to work today? Will you go tomorrow?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

I was on a bus for 7 hours in total today. Normally only 2 hours. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Common sense is great, but if you were cycling on a less travelled part of the road then you didn't show much common sense did you? Because in this weather you're more susceptible to slip and cause an accident, that's when you meet my two tonne car. TBH if I had of come across a cyclist on the road this morning I would have called them a fúcking idiot.

Surely you know what the M50 was like this morning? How could you possibly come to the conclusion that it's safe to drive if you didn't know such a simple thing?

I'm not going to slip and cause an accident because I'm going to cycle cautiously and because I'm a competent cyclist, even on a less travelled part of the road. If you're willing to get behind the wheel of your 2 tonne car you should be able to say the same.

The second paragraph is just daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

It snowed a lot here ,loopy, but it didn't stick.:(
    Now it's raining.:mad:

/ bloody snow hardly ever sticks on the east coast.

Im in southside Dublin Sharpy and its sticking:pac:.... Lie on, bacon sambos for brekkie and watch oprah and all kinds of crap on TV tommorow... Cant wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I walk to work, so yes I will be in work tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

humbert wrote: »
    I'm not going to slip and cause an accident because I'm going to cycle cautiously and because I'm a competent cyclist, even on a less travelled part of the road. If you're willing to get behind the wheel of your 2 tonne car you should be able to say the same.

The second paragraph is just daft.
    So you're saying the only people who crash are the ones who drive callously and are incompetent? And that you won't crash because you're cautious and competent?

Riiight, so you're pretty much guaranteed to never ever be in a crash.... ever? Wow man, that's like a superpower almost. You could market that, maybe where a cape? Can I sit on your cross bar in the morning seeing as you're guaranteed to not slip on your bike that's more susceptible to slipping in snow and ice than a car?

You're my hero man. I'm going to tell all my friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

So you're saying the only people who crash are the ones who drive callously and are incompetent? And that you won't crash because you're cautious and competent?

Riiight, so you're pretty much guaranteed to never ever be in a crash.... ever? Wow man, that's like a superpower almost. You could market that, maybe where a cape? Can I sit on your cross bar in the morning seeing as you're guaranteed to not slip on your bike that's more susceptible to slipping in snow and ice than a car?

You're my hero man. I'm going to tell all my friends.

Phew, I think at last we understand each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Im in southside Dublin Sharpy and its sticking:pac:.... Lie on, bacon sambos for brekkie and watch oprah and all kinds of crap on TV tommorow... Cant wait!!
    :(
    / still raining.
    Had today off, so I guess I can't begrudge you tomorrow.
    / or as it's after 12:00,today.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

just home from work after driving in seriously treacherous conditions (at one stage, I could barely see the car in front of me). But because I value my job, I'm still gonna go to work tomorrow.

Each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Normally it takes me an hour or so each way. Today it was three hours in and five hours out.

It really depends on where you are, where you are going and how much snow or ice is around you. No matter how awsome a cyclist you may be you won't be commuting very far in Kildare or west Wicklow with conditions the way they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

its bucketing down snow at the min in leixlip, and is adding to the 4-5 inches from today already stuck, so will be even higher tomorrow-took my neighbour 4 hours to get from ballsbridge to leixlip this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭nevershutsup

I didnt go to college today and i wont go tomorrow. Not that its anything to do with the snow.

im exactly the same...
    i wasn't pushed going today then the college text to say class was cancelled as the lecturer had an accident (he is ok) ... class got a snow day...

i wont be in tommorrow because i have every tuesday off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

those very people you serve will need hot toddys after their snowball fights and snowmen building....

i hope you made a snowman when you came home too

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    Yeah I'd imagine hot whiskeys will be flying out tomorrow.

Ah I wish. Was too tired and cold from walking. There's always tomorrow. :D

i was out before it snowed and wasn't exactly snow dressed when i came home the furthest i got was dancing around in the snow on my walk from the bus stop...

might even try a hot toddy...

a snowman will be made tommorrow by me ... (not a spectacular one just a little one like me:))

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

yeah, i'm in work now

saying that, it took 45 mins to travel about 2 miles in leixlip, snow was that thick

suddenly so glad i do not drive...

hope the shift goes well agent smith and the drive home not so long....

im off t try win a round with insomnia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Who the hell works nowadays?

Snow laughing matter young man.

me and uploading photos are a disaster at the best of times...

if i make one tommorrow i will definitly take a photo and try my best to upload it...

game on....

now i must try sleep goodnight all...

p.s although it is raining now:eek::mad: i hope the snow stays

• Advertisement

Well it looks like the gods decided for me!! Because I can't even get out of my estate due to amount of slush and ice, neighbour was the same, she asked me to give her a push but if he car can't get any traction I don't see how my feet would get traction to push her car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Well it looks like the gods decided for me!! Because I can't even get out of my estate due to amount of slush and ice, neighbour was the same, she asked me to give her a push but if he car can't get any traction I don't see how my feet would get traction to push her car!!
    Must be a huge difference in weather to here (southside Dublin) then. There was a bit of drizzle here, but zero snow and nothing that fell yesterday stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm heading to college in a bit... should be fun...

I'm just hoping some c*nt doesn't rear-end me :mad:

Blowfish wrote: »
    Must be a huge difference in weather to here (southside Dublin) then. There was a bit of drizzle here, but zero snow and nothing that fell yesterday stuck.
    I'm in Tallaght, but I'm halfway up the moutain so I guess it's worse up here. Where in South Dublin are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I'm in Tallaght, but I'm halfway up the moutain so I guess it's worse up here. Where in South Dublin are you?
    Pretty close to the coast, near Dun Laoghaire. I'm in the City Center now though and it's exactly the same, wet but no snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

I made it into work without any bother... slow and steady on the side roads. Still seen loads of people stomping on the accerator though... as if that's the way to drive in snow (although I wish I had an empty car park this morning to do a few donuts in!!!).

On a slightly different topic... I wonder if many people went out on the piss last night hoping to use the snow as an excuss to stay home this morning?

Blowfish wrote: »
    Pretty close to the coast, near Dun Laoghaire. I'm in the City Center now though and it's exactly the same, wet but no snow.
    Well, I look out my window and the fields are pure white, it's just started to snow again too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Not fair. We haven't had any snow in Galway at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Not in work, but I went to school yesterday. Can't get in today because I haven't seen a bus in 3 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think the last two mornings have been a pleasure to drive in. For the first time in a really long time the roads had **** all people on it and I actually made it into work early. I for one welcome the fact that people who can't drive are finally staying off the roads

Advertisement