Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

can those giving out about kerry play acting and diving, provide video evidence of this? if not, please shut up. if it was so bad, i would assume there are 10 examples of it, so ye should not have a problem finding the evidence.

as far as i can see, Curtain should have got a red and he deserves to be lashed for that, but apart from that, Kerry didnt do a whole lot out of the way yesterday.

kerry just cant win with ye lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I suggest you re-watch yesterday's match and this time take off the white and red tinted glasses. ;)

I could list a host of very good things that kerry do. And did yesterday. What stood out to me was certain low aspects to their play. And I think as a group they are or should be above that. Galvin for example has great heart. He would charge down a firing squad. So he shouldn't feel vindicated or happy with that performance or the antics of some of his team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

can those giving out about kerry play acting and diving, provide video evidence of this? if not, please shut the f*ck up ye bitter c*nts.

as far as i can see, Curtain should have got a red and he deserves to be lashed for that, but apart from that, Kerry didnt do a whole lot out of the way yesterday.

kerry just cant win with ye lot.

just as an example Gormley(who should have been off at that stage) shoves 'Gooch@ in the back and possibly left side over the side-line 'Gooch' goes down clutching right hand side of his face .... not a good thing to see but it is only my opinion also I,m not bitter - have no reason to be am delighted Kerry won and performed well and am certainly not a C*nt...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

uriah wrote: »
    And why is that?
    Look at the players Kerry have lost since the 2003 :
    Seamus Moynihan, Dara Ó Cinnéide, Tommy Walsh, Darragh O'Sé,
    Tadhg Kennelly, ...
    Plenty young Kerry players who never faced Tyrone before today...
    Yet nobody would suggest that because these players have retired, the today's team was 'Kerry in name only'! What a pathetic excuse.

2003 is nine years ago - 2008 is four years ago.
    Are you saying that Tyrone couldn't do what other counties do -bring new players on to their team gradually?

Tyrone has won the All Ireland three times - never won two in a row.
    They are simply unable to maintain a high standard even over a couple of years.

Occasional flash-in-the-pan is all they have been so far.
    Will they ever manage even two in a row?

Tyrone were able to call on 5 players from 2008 yesterday.

Kerry were able to call on 9.

The "great" Tyrone team were beaten yesterday or a poor enough side in transition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

JFlah wrote: »
    just as an example Gormley(who should have been off at that stage) shoves 'Gooch@ in the back and possibly left side over the side-line 'Gooch' goes down clutching right hand side of his face .... not a good thing to see but it is only my opinion also I,m not bitter - have no reason to be am delighted Kerry won and performed well and am certainly not a C*nt...

What about Sheehans frontal charge on Gormley and Gormley goes down holding his face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

mfceiling wrote: »

The "great" Tyrone team were beaten yesterday or a poor enough side in transition?

So Kerry had more old men on the team?

mfceiling wrote: »

and thats kerrys fault? Tyrone were supposed to dominate Gaa back in 2005 for 10 years, yet they have only been in one final since. Kerry on the other hand, who were written off as being finished, have been in 5, winning 3.

Tyrone went all out to win those 3 all irelands, the training schedules and win at all costs attitude they took, saw players retire before they should have done in my opinion.

this is a Tyrone team who lost to donegal by 2 points and hammered a Roscommon team by 10+ points last week, who knocked out Armagh. its amazing all these excuses only came out when Kerry hammered them. very few people were saying this during the week.

and thats kerrys fault? Tyrone were supposed to dominate Gaa back in 2005 for 10 years, yet they have only been in one final since. Kerry on the other hand, who were written off as being finished, have been in 5, winning 3.

Tyrone went all out to win those 3 all irelands, the training schedules and win at all costs attitude they took, saw players retire before they should have done in my opinion.

this is a Tyrone team who lost to donegal by 2 points and hammered a Roscommon team by 10+ points last week, who knocked out Armagh. its amazing all these excuses only came out when Kerry hammered them. very few people were saying this during the week.

Who said they would dominate for 10 years?:confused:

Quite a few people were saying tyrone wouldn't win during the week....a weakened average team playing a strong kerry team in their home patch who were pumped up to get one over on their nemesis....ffs if they couldn't win that one then it was game over for kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

The training schedules? Tyrone's all-ireland winning teams trained less than most.

So Kerry had more old men on the team?

More experience and better footballers yes

• Advertisement

paddy978 wrote: »
    What about Sheehans frontal charge on Gormley and Gormley goes down holding his face?

Agreed not saying that was right I hate all that Sh*te which is exactly my point I don,t want to see Kerry players lowering themselves to do those sort of things I am trying to say we are better than that also "2 wrongs ......"

paddy978 wrote: »

also Sheehans FRONTAL charge ... if it happened to one of the Kerry players we'd all have been up in arms we have to try and see the good and bad in EVERY team

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Gooch got an elbow in the back of the head.

Watched it 3 or 4 times to make sure. He pushed him, and his left elbow came into the back of his head.

It was a dirty belt, and he had a number of them throughout the game.

McNamee stuck two hands in Galvins face and shoved it back. Should have got a yellow. 30 Seconds later he took Galvin to ground again and both got yellow cards. Tyrone were lucky in that sense.

The more I see Curtins hit, I think he should have gone. His elbow came out at the end and really caught Cavanagh. Also he's from Moyvane. If a Moyvane lad hits you with an elbow, no matter how clumsy it looked, he meant to hit you :P

Also: Sunday Game just mentioned Cynism! Yay! Whats the bets Kerry are center stage :P

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Gooch got an elbow in the back of the head.

Watched it 3 or 4 times to make sure. He pushed him, and his left elbow came into the back of his head.

It was a dirty belt, and he had a number of them throughout the game.

McNamee stuck two hands in Galvins face and shoved it back. Should have got a yellow. 30 Seconds later he took Galvin to ground again and both got yellow cards. Tyrone were lucky in that sense.

The more I see Curtins hit, I think he should have gone. His elbow came out at the end and really caught Cavanagh. Also he's from Moyvane. If a Moyvane lad hits you with an elbow, no matter how clumsy it looked, he meant to hit you :P

Also: Sunday Game just mentioned Cynism! Yay! Whats the bets Kerry are center stage :P
    LOL @ the Moyvane bit , I think you are right about Kerry and Sunday Game I just hope it's cynicism in general it,s like a disease it,ll just get worse

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

No, it'll be kerry centre stage with video from every angle and Kevin McStay doing the commentry.

No, it'll be kerry centre stage with video from every angle and Kevin McStay doing the commentry.
    or guest appearance by Brolly!!!

to totally change tack am curious as to how ye would rate the AI contenders at this stage in proceedings for what it's worth here's mine

1 Cork
    2 Dublin
    3 Kerry
    4 Donegal
    5 Mayo
    6 Meath/Kildare
    7 Sligo
    8 Tipp
    9 Down
    10 Laois
    11 Clare

with all the top 6 capable of beating each other on a particular day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Where is the kerry v clare game on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

to totally change tack am curious as to how ye would rate the AI contenders at this stage in proceedings for what it's worth here's mine

1 Cork
    2 Dublin
    3 Kerry
    4 Donegal
    5 Mayo
    6 Meath/Kildare
    7 Sligo
    8 Tipp
    9 Down
    10 Laois
    11 Clare

with all the top 6 capable of beating each other on a particular day

Cork
    Kerry
    Donegal
    Dublin
    Kildare
    Mayo

The teams below the line don't have much of a realistic chance of going all the way, bigger gap between Dublin and Donegal than there is between Donegal and Kerry. Nothing between Cork and Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

keane2097 wrote: »
    Cork
    Kerry
    Donegal
    Dublin
    Kildare
    Mayo

The teams below the line don't have much of a realistic chance of going all the way, bigger gap between Dublin and Donegal than there is between Donegal and Kerry. Nothing between Cork and Kerry.

I thought Dublin were poor today.they really should have put Meath away and almost lost in the end. I suppose a win is a win.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭pcworldisajoke

can you please list this shameful acts of diving and conning please as from where i was standing it looked like a fiercely contested battle that both teams got stuck into.

your coming across as a bitter f*cking annoying troll at this stage, talking the biggest amount of rubbish that ive seen on a forum on here.

those kids are lucky they didnt have to spend the afternoon with you though i have full belief these kids dont even exist and you werent even at the game or even intended going.
    Can you get me Wednesday's lotto numbers while you're peering into your all seeing crystal ball homerjay?
    can you please list this shameful acts of diving and conning please as from where i was standing it looked like a fiercely contested battle that both teams got stuck into.
    I think you might have been standing in Portlaoise watching Kildare and Limerick then....the only thing Kerry got stuck into was a box of Kleenex and practicing their acrobatics.

You're all class Homerjay- what time is the wifi switched off up there in Dundrum mental hospital?

Can you get me Wednesday's lotto numbers while you're peering into your all seeing crystal ball homerjay?

I think you might have been standing in Portlaoise watching Kildare and Limerick then....the only thing Kerry got stuck into was a box of Kleenex and practicing their acrobatics.

You're all class Homerjay- what time is the wifi switched off up there in Dundrum mental hospital?

your a right f*cking weirdo....absolutely nothing that you type makes any sense at all. keep posting like this and youll win the award for muppet of the year hands down.

as i said, show my these clips please of Kerry diving and play acting and ill comment on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Where the game on next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Relating to the Sunday Game. Brolly has a serious chip on his shoulder, calling Cooper a choker. What did he base that on? Colm Cooper is definately one of Kerry's best of all times. I can remember that game against Kildare in the 2002 qualifiers where he broke onto the scene and played a classic game. He was an unbelievable find in Kerry for sure. Credit should be given where credit is due. But in fairness no one should listen to Brolly. He talks a lot of €&@&€$%

I remember a radio interview in the 2010 Munster semi final where Kerry beat Cork and Brolly went on to call Daniel Goulding, Colm O Neill and Paul Kerrigan bottlers and had no heart despite the fact that Cork were consistently one of the best teams in the country since 2007. The players mentioned aren't bottlers and have mainly contributed to recent Cork successes. He must be jealous of Kerry and Cork players, and gets a thrill at undermining their achievements and successes.

Where the game on next week?

nothing confirmed but id bet alot of money on it being Saturday around 3.00 in Limerick.

teednab-el wrote: »
    Relating to the Sunday Game. Brolly has a serious chip on his shoulder, calling Cooper a choker. What did he base that on? Colm Cooper is definately one of Kerry's best of all times. I can remember that game against Kildare in the 2002 qualifiers where he broke onto the scene and played a classic game. He was an unbelievable find in Kerry for sure. Credit should be given where credit is due. But in fairness no one should listen to Brolly. He talks a lot of €&@&€$%

I remember a radio interview in the 2010 Munster semi final where Kerry beat Cork and Brolly went on to call Daniel Goulding, Colm O Neill and Paul Kerrigan bottlers and had no heart despite the fact that Cork were consistently one of the best teams in the country since 2007. The players mentioned aren't bottlers and have mainly contributed to recent Cork successes. He must be jealous of Kerry and Cork players, and gets a thrill at undermining their achievements and successes.
    Brolly is really not worth discussing at this stage has proven himself an idiot repeatedly , hopefully RTE realise this soon and ditch him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

your a right f*cking weirdo....absolutely nothing that you type makes any sense at all. keep posting like this and youll win the award for muppet of the year hands down.

as i said, show my these clips please of Kerry diving and play acting and ill comment on them.

dont rise to it

keane2097 wrote: »
    dont rise to it

i think you mean lower....summer brings out all sorts eh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭acequion

teednab-el wrote: »
    I seem to be smarter than you anyway. When Kerry won in 2009 they had the 125 emblem on the right hand side of jersey, not the bank of Ireland writing and old GAA symbol. So I am correct. This photo was taken in 2007 after they beat Cork.

Apologies teednab-el. You are indeed correct. I thought you were indulging in a bit of Kerry bashing so I leaped to their defense without checking my facts,though I really did think it was from 2009. I see from your posts that you're sporting and fair.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Seems like Brolly is hiding under a tree somewhere, ducking the RTE studio today, after his shameful article during the week. What a sad, bitter man. I recall he gave similar treatment to Cork players 2 or 3 years ago, that fella has a serious chip on his shoulder, and the sooner RTE ditch him for someone with some football knowledge the better.

He was talking out of his arse as per usual in that article, about self respect, " Something Tyrone have never had to worry about.... "

"An American tourist would never have believed it if you’d told him The Gooch was one of the greats. If however you’d told him he was a choker, he would have agreed, since that is what Colm did against Cross. As their key man floundered, so did his team mates. When you think about it, there is a pattern. When Tyrone put it up to him in 2005 and 2008 he failed. "

What a load of B.S, as one commenter put it " Gooch scored 5 pts in 2005 final, 6 in 2008 on limited ball...but "failed" according to Joe...marvellous insight there!"

Who is Brolly to critizise Cooper anyway, and call him a "choker" this is the same Joe Brolly of the famous Derry one in a row team of 93. Brolly was an overated player, and to compensate for his own lack of fulfillment during his playing career makes a name for himself by castigating southern teams after one bad game...

I really hope the powers that be in RTE, put us all out of our misery and remove that wretch of a man from the panel...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement