Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rocketman2010

Prop Joe wrote: »
    I guess Jack won't look beyond these guys for a league panel,Any other players you would throw in?

Had a good look through this list to see who you left out but you seemed to have all bases covered! I think Ciaran Kelliher of Milltown is definitely worth a shot was very impressed with him before his injury. Although I think Jack has tried to get him to commit before but to no avail. I was very disappointed with the performance of JB Spillane v Crokes last Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

I guess Jack won't look beyond these guys for a league panel,Any other players you would throw in?

Had a good look through this list to see who you left out but you seemed to have all bases covered! I think Ciaran Kelliher of Milltown is definitely worth a shot was very impressed with him before his injury. Although I think Jack has tried to get him to commit before but to no avail. I was very disappointed with the performance of JB Spillane v Crokes last Sunday.

Ya but with his Injury i dunno will he be back in time for this year,Same with Aidan O Shea maybe an injury free season of club football and maybe a good run with the juniors would keep them in Jack's thoughts..JB was poor Sunday although Brosnan was marking him and Eoin has been really on top of his game lately,I assume since he gave last year training with them he will get another chance.Again Niall O Sé who looks lively could do with a good run with the juniors this year..

Is there anyone else out there who could offer something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rocketman2010

Ya but with his Injury i dunno will he be back in time for this year,Same with Aidan O Shea maybe an injury free season of club football and maybe a good run with the juniors would keep them in Jack's thoughts..JB was poor Sunday although Brosnan was marking him and Eoin has been really on top of his game lately,I assume since he gave last year training with them he will get another chance.Again Niall O Sé who looks lively could do with a good run with the juniors this year..

Thought David Leonard was impressive for Stacks the couple of times I saw him this year. Not sure if he was ever looked at.Niall has been earning rave reviews down south this year. I think James Walsh(on the list) is a huge prospect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

JB Spillane is too hit and miss for me to play seinor with Kerry can be very good one bad very bad the next.

Niall O Se is a very good club player hard to judge him at intercounty level till he gets a few runs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Smiler is confirmed to be back in Munster for the next 18 months:

http://examiner.ie/sport/gaa/football/moloney-sets-his-sights-on-kingdom-recall-179739.html

I'm not sure quite how good he is, but it would be terrific if he was capable of doing a job in our full-back line.

Along with Shane Enright, the two of them could release Killian Young and Marc O'Se back into the half-back line if needed - could make for a very powerful Kerry back six.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

keane2097 wrote: »

http://examiner.ie/sport/gaa/football/moloney-sets-his-sights-on-kingdom-recall-179739.html

I'm not sure quite how good he is, but it would be terrific if he was capable of doing a job in our full-back line.

Along with Shane Enright, the two of them could release Killian Young and Marc O'Se back into the half-back line if needed - could make for a very powerful Kerry back six.
    Always good to be getting players back - whether he can do a job at full back at his young age remains to be seen.

Hope he does well though because we need a mainstay there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Can't see him having a huge impact with Kerry to be honest. He was badly exposed by Gary Hurney in the London v Waterford game last year. Very good club player, but a bit below whats required at the highest level. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Can't see him having a huge impact with Kerry to be honest. He was badly exposed by Gary Hurney in the London v Waterford game last year. Very good club player, but a bit below whats required at the highest level. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

A few things on that though, firstly Gary Hurney is an extremely talented footballer and he was getting great supply that day, most full backs would have struggled, secondly he is very young and will undoubtedly mature and strenghten up even in 12 months, then of course the obvious that he will be surrounded by a far higher calibre of player than he was last season, and then there is the question of how much he was actually doing in London, young lad away in the big city and all that football probably wasnt that high on he's agenda last season.

The FB line is one area I think Kerry do need improving on if they are as I expect to go on and regain Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

As good as any full back in the country face to face.

Badly exposed side on IMO. Saw this especially in last years CF against Stacks.

Kept Donaghy quiet whenever he was in, but a few players ran past him with ease.
    Thing is he's not slow, he just cant time the side on challenge too well.

Maybe London might have done him good. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Did anyone see the 125e season ticket run by the kerry board in the kerryman last week.Sounds too good to be through tbh.It gives you entry to all games run by kerry county board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did anyone see the 125e season ticket run by the kerry board in the kerryman last week.Sounds too good to be through tbh.It gives you entry to all games run by kerry county board.

Ya I seen that on the Kerry GAA website before Xmas,info about it is in the link

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2605:kerry-gaa-season-tickets-&catid=1&Itemid=74

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Doesnt cover the kerry league games in football and hurling as I thought so?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Doesnt cover the kerry league games in football and hurling as I thought so?:(

No Inter County games only club matches,you will have to get your hands on a season ticket off the GAA for the county teams matches,they are probably all gone at this stage though

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Thing is he's not slow, he just cant time the side on challenge too well.

He is a bit tbh

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=160269
    Kerry supporters can breathe a sigh of relief; Tomas O'Se has committed to the cause for another year.

There were doubts whether or not O'Se would continue in the Kerry colours for a 15th season, having made his championship debut back in 1998.

The Ghaeltacht player has amassed an incredible 77 championship appearances during that period and is just six behind the all time record, held by his brother Dara.

O'Se lined out for Kerry in a challenge match against Dr Crokes last weekend and in a further boost for Kerry manager Jack O'Connor, so too did David Moran as he returned from a long term injury.

Great news, he was excellent last year imo.

Good to see Dave Moran getting back in the action as well, would have been a super addition to the panel last year.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=160269

Great news, he was excellent last year imo.

Good to see Dave Moran getting back in the action as well, would have been a super addition to the panel last year.
    Two chunks of good news there alright.

Especially Moran who was in the form of his life last season before he sustained that injury - hopefully he'll pick up where he left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

so added to the panel this year so far are Sean Sullivan, Moran, Maloney and hopefully Tadhg Kennelly.

Add in Brosnan and now Tomas, thats a big change from the week after the all ireland when everybody was packing it in. the usual crap really.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Mixed feelings about Tomas tbh. One of the finest half backs of his generation. A poor final performance last year though showed that he just doesn't have the legs anymore. Hope I'm proven wrong time will tell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

manster wrote: »
    Mixed feelings about Tomas tbh. One of the finest half backs of his generation. A poor final performance last year though showed that he just doesn't have the legs anymore. Hope I'm proven wrong time will tell.

Tomas is still worth having on the team even if he can't last the 70mins then take him off and this is where Jack is failing in that he is too loyal. Paul Galvin was brought on too soon last Sept and Declan should have been taken off as he was seeing stars and concussed.

The task of replacing the likes of Tom, Brosnan, O'Mahony and Tomas during the league must be the priority for Jack. He can't start them all and take them all off after 60 minutes like he did to Brosnan in the final.
    He must introduce new blood again like he did last year. Out of that process came Shane Enright. Enright for me will lay claim to a corner back spot and was unlucky with injury last championship. But the half back line IMO is due for the biggest shake up this league campaign. It has to be as retirements will come eventually and we need to build for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Chiarrai_abu

When is the Crokes Crosmaglen game on?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭margio

When is the Crokes Crosmaglen game on?

It's not until Saturday February 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

PaulieC wrote: »
    Two chunks of good news there alright.

Especially Moran who was in the form of his life last season before he sustained that injury - hopefully he'll pick up where he left off.

Lads it was Brian Moran that played in that trial game...David won't be back for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

manster wrote: »

thomas was excellent in last years final. he touched the ball more than any player on the field and if memory serves me right, didnt give away possession once and his man never scored.

what more can the man do?

thomas was excellent in last years final. he touched the ball more than any player on the field and if memory serves me right, didnt give away possession once and his man never scored.

what more can the man do?

100% agree, he was certainly one of our best players bar a couple of poor shot selections he was excellent.

I've said the same thing on a different thread but there really is an element of the media have been bleating on about the likes of Tomás and Tom Sullivan retiring now with this "tired legs" shite that people been pretty much brainwashed into thinking it's true.

Tom Sullivan was imperious as always in the big games, and Tomás O'Sé's game against Mayo in the AI SF was up there with Diarmuid Connolly's game against Tyrone as one of the standout performances of the 2011 Championship.

Another one bites the dust...

Kerry’s Tommy Griffin announces his retirement at the age of 33
    The versatile defender endured a miserable 2011 with injuries and feels the time is right to call it a day.

View this article on TheJournal.ie

100% agree, he was certainly one of our best players bar a couple of poor shot selections he was excellent.

I've said the same thing on a different thread but there really is an element of the media have been bleating on about the likes of Tomás and Tom Sullivan retiring now with this "tired legs" shite that people been pretty much brainwashed into thinking it's true.

Tom Sullivan was imperious as always in the big games, and Tomás O'Sé's game against Mayo in the AI SF was up there with Diarmuid Connolly's game against Tyrone as one of the standout performances of the 2011 Championship.

Tomas yes, he has much more to give, and so did Darragh, however cant say the same about Tom O'Sullivan I'm afraid.

margio wrote: »
    Tomas yes, he has much more to give, and so did Darragh, however cant say the same about Tom O'Sullivan I'm afraid.

Tom's performances in big games is at the same level it's always been - he was fantastic in the AI final yet again.

Tom's performances in big games is at the same level it's always been - he was fantastic in the AI final yet again.

can't say the same for big games for his club.

• Advertisement

margio wrote: »
    can't say the same for big games for his club.

I don't care how he plays for Rathmore. There's been plenty players over the years who were average at club level while performing for the county.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement