Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the Intermediate football final is on this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Team v Dublin in February?

Kealy
    Reidy Marc Enright
    Young Aidan Fionn Fitz
    Buckley Sheehan
    Darran BJ Keane Donnacha
    O'Leary Donaghy Kieran Hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

paddy978 wrote: »
    Team v Dublin in February?

Kealy
    Reidy Marc Enright
    Young Aidan Fionn Fitz
    Buckley Sheehan
    Darran BJ Keane Donnacha
    O'Leary Donaghy Kieran Hurley
    Fionn Fitz, Keiran Hurley... ?

Not a hope. They are way way way down the pecking order.

2 Geaneys, Daithí Casey, Paul O'Connor etc way ahead of Hurley

Bohane, Reidy, Peter Crowley etc ahead of Fionn Fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Fionn Fitz, Keiran Hurley... ?

Not a hope. They are way way way down the pecking order.

2 Geaneys, Daithí Casey, Paul O'Connor etc way ahead of Hurley

Bohane, Reidy, Peter Crowley etc ahead of Fionn Fitz
    Agree with this

Fionn Fitz is a very good player but he's not up to the physicality of Senior Intercounty football imo

Would have Peter Crowley, John Lyne or Paudge O'Connor given a go ahead of him tbh

Dathaí Casey and the Geaneys to be given a chance up front.

Would like to see Stam given a run out for the league also, although that's just club bias on my account

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Aidan O'Shea has taken a leave of absence from work to try and get his groin injury to come right - there's an article about it in yesterday's papers - he's a very talented player who could certainly add to the panel if he can get fit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

PaulieC wrote: »
    Agree with this

Fionn Fitz is a very good player but he's not up to the physicality of Senior Intercounty football imo

Would have Peter Crowley, John Lyne or Paudge O'Connor given a go ahead of him tbh

Dathaí Casey and the Geaneys to be given a chance up front.

Would like to see Stam given a run out for the league also, although that's just club bias on my account

I dont think the Geaneys are up to it for championship football league football yes but not championship.

Stam would be the same i think would be good in the league not championship

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i know nothing about those 2 lads hurley and "fitz", who are they?

what about donnacha in the half back line in the league?

hopefully we will have tadhg kennelly back by then also :)

any ideas of the retirements? i hope brosnan stays on anyway. not sure who else is in line to retire, maybe griffan.

Paul Galvin would make an awesome centre back imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

The UCC full forward line against Castlehavan looked very capable.

Paul Geaney, Daithí Casey and Stephan O'Brien looked very good against a strong Castlehavan team. 3 for the future for sure, especially Casey.

JB Spillane looks like a good prospect from that team as well.

I'd agree that Buckley should be given his chance, but the Kerry midfield this year was fantastic. Sheehan and Maher never looked out of place. Buckley and David Moran when fit, should bolster this.

Oh to have Tommy Walsh back. He could play anywhere from CB to FF now. He looks so fit and Agile!

DDC1990 wrote: »
    The UCC full forward line against Castlehavan looked very capable.

Paul Geaney, Daithí Casey and Stephan O'Brien looked very good against a strong Castlehavan team. 3 for the future for sure, especially Casey.

JB Spillane looks like a good prospect from that team as well.

I'd agree that Buckley should be given his chance, but the Kerry midfield this year was fantastic. Sheehan and Maher never looked out of place. Buckley and David Moran when fit, should bolster this.

Oh to have Tommy Walsh back. He could play anywhere from CB to FF now. He looks so fit and Agile!
    Moran will take Mahers place imo - far more complete player

• Advertisement

Moran will take Mahers place imo - far more complete player

moran is just missing something. ive yet to be impressed with him a senior level.

moran is just missing something. ive yet to be impressed with him a senior level.
    Last year he looked to have made a serious step up only for injury to take his season away from him, I was gutted because I was full sure it'd be his breakthrough season and depending on how far we got in the Championship he could've been up for YPOTY

Now, obviously that's all circumstantial but I genuinely think he can be for Kerry what Aidan Walsh is to Cork.

He's brilliant in the air, mobile and when he ventures forwards he knows how to score, I don't see Maher keeping him out of the team tbh

Ha! David will never be anything like Aidan Walsh anyway that's for sure - Walsh is 10x more dynamic than David, David has 10x better skills than Walsh.

Sheehan is the player David is more likely to displace at MF than Maher, as they're extremely similar, while Maher does a pretty different job.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if our lineup ended up with Sheehan and Maher at MF with David on the wing as we played in the NFL against Dublin last year in what was a very impressive MF display overall.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Ha! David will never be anything like Aidan Walsh anyway that's for sure - Walsh is 10x more dynamic than David, David has 10x better skills than Walsh.

Sheehan is the player David is more likely to displace at MF than Maher, as they're extremely similar, while Maher does a pretty different job.

Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if our lineup ended up with Sheehan and Maher at MF with David on the wing as we played in the NFL against Dublin last year in what was a very impressive MF display overall.
    I wouldn't take Sheehan out of Midfield after the year he's had but sure that's obvious.

I don't like Moran on the wing tbh - I'd prefer him in the middle

I'm just saying you're not going to have Sheehan and Moran as a MF pair - it would be like playing too goalies. Also, they don't have a good engine between them.

It's one or the other.

I'm just saying you're not going to have Sheehan and Moran as a MF pair - it would be like playing too goalies. Also, they don't have a good engine between them.

It's one or the other.
    Maybe try Sheehan at CF, Declan and Darran on the wings, Moran and Maher MF then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

i know nothing about those 2 lads hurley and "fitz", who are they?

what about donnacha in the half back line in the league?

hopefully we will have tadhg kennelly back by then also :)

any ideas of the retirements? i hope brosnan stays on anyway. not sure who else is in line to retire, maybe griffan.

Fionn Fitz- Member of Dr.Crokes defense. Tight marking and has played underage for Kerry.

Hurley- Consistent St.Pats forward. Likely to be u-21s marquee forward in 2012.

paddy978 wrote: »
    Fionn Fitz- Member of Dr.Crokes defense. Tight marking and has played underage for Kerry.

Hurley- Consistent St.Pats forward. Likely to be u-21s marquee forward in 2012.

If he's going to be the marquee forward there they'll be trouble. Great man when theres no pressure not so much when there is

It's one or the other.

Sheehan was getting up and down the pitch fairly well this year so seems he has a good engine

lala88 wrote: »
    Sheehan was getting up and down the pitch fairly well this year so seems he has a good engine

Nope.

• Advertisement

Nope.

What games were you watching?

I was going to argue but then I said what's the point, I know I'm right.

I concede the argument and look forward to seeing Sheehan and Moran as a mobile and dynamic midfield duo.

I concede the argument and look forward to seeing Sheehan and Moran as a mobile and dynamic midfield duo.

You keep thinking that.....

How the mighty have fallen Keano :pac:

You keep thinking that.....

lol
    How the mighty have fallen Keano :pac:

Fuck it :D

Ballyduff beat Éire Óg Ennis 3-08 to 2-10 in the Munster Intermediate semi final

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Ballyduff beat Éire Óg Ennis 3-08 to 2-10 in the Munster Intermediate semi final

Club Hurling in Kerry is starting to come along Nicely, Kilgarvan went to the Munster Junior Final two years ago and with Ballyduff in the Intermediate they might claim the first club hurling trophy for the county!

fantastic win for ballyduff today and well deserved, they were 6 points up at one stage and the last score of the game was an eire og goal.

can they go one more step? would be incredible if they did.

crokes and dromid also won today. good day overall.

very disrespectful of the county board to pull out of the mcgrath cup, considering we won it last year. ideal time to blood young lads not going to college in munster and also, players from the county championship, the junior team etc etc. if we cant put out 20 lads in this, we are not going to get new lads in for the league.

amazing excuse from conway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

fantastic win for ballyduff today and well deserved, they were 6 points up at one stage and the last score of the game was an eire og goal.

can they go one more step? would be incredible if they did.

crokes and dromid also won today. good day overall.

very disrespectful of the county board to pull out of the mcgrath cup, considering we won it last year. ideal time to blood young lads not going to college in munster and also, players from the county championship, the junior team etc etc. if we cant put out 20 lads in this, we are not going to get new lads in for the league.

amazing excuse from conway.

Great to see the club hurlers get a bit of success, this should hopefully be of benefit to the development of the county team.

Simply pathetic decision by the county board - what was the excuse?

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great to see the club hurlers get a bit of success, this should hopefully be of benefit to the development of the county team.

Simply pathetic decision by the county board - what was the excuse?

That they wouldn't have a strong enough team because of lads playing with colleges and older lads taking a brake crazy stuff really. Not all lads who could be considered are in college. I seen some people on Hoganstand say its to cut costs but i wouldn't think it would cost very much to play in it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement