Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

More idle chat at this stage but the Kerry substitutes really cost them the game. I mean REALLY cost them.

BJK and O' Donoghue scored from play but they were absolutely shocking in their defensive efforts. Keane literally jogged the twenty minutes he was on the pitch. Didn't once sprint. He was close enough to stop McCarthy for O' Garas point and he was close enough to put some pressure on Connolly for his. Both times he couldn't be arsed. You could maybe excuse O'Donoghue for not being positionally aware of lads running by him (happened frequently) but it was cowardly pulling KK to the ground at the end. Kerry needed an honest effort to get the ball back and get a goal. As it was the drag down conceded the game. I'd never be happy with that.

Also, Sheehan was immobile on the 45 and Marc O'Shea made a terrible effort at stopping Kev Mc for his point.

Pity. When you watch it back with a critical eye you can see the likes of Moran and Murphy absolutely killing themselves. Moran was ****ed after an hour but he never stopped trying to get up in support the attack.

The talk afterwards was Kerry died with the boots on but ran out of legs. That may be true but the tired lads weren't the problem. It was the lads with the fresh legs not pulling their weight that tipped the scales in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

ProudDUB wrote: »
    In just two posts, you have called others uncivilized, OTT, smart asses, deliberately missing the point & obsessed with requiring reverence. You are hardly the one to be lecturing others on the tone of their posts. :rolleyes:

In a nutshell, the ref on the day let a lot of things go. He should have blown for both the Crowley and McMahon hits, or he should have let them both go. He let them both go. Kerry got away with a foul and they were denied a free. Same with Dublin.

So it is a tad close minded to propose the narrative that Kerry were unfairly duped out of a shot at a replay, when you look only at the free that they were denied & not at the foul that they got away with. The two canceled each other out imo. I think that is bog standard common sense, no matter what side of the discussion you are on. If people choose to convert that into a silly "Oh all the Dubs think this, all the Dubs think that..." statement, knock yerselves out, but it doesn't detract from the truth.

No, I didn't say that.

Ok, here is how the conversation started.

A poster pointed out: "i think Dublin were by far the better team, but the ref made a crucial error that cost Kerry a replay. "

You replied: "No, it didn't. Dublin would have won by 1 pt and not 2. (I presume you are talking about the Crowley incident.) Feel free to ignore the hit on McMahon, that if Dean Rock converted the resulting free, would have put the winning margin back to 2 pts."

This is where I interjected.

Perhaps take 2 minutes and read all posts after that taking them into account. You are completely misinterpreting my point.

I am not saying anything about anyone being unfairly duped, nor am I saying the AOM incident never happened, nor am I saying Dublin wouldnt have went up and scored the winner anyway had Kerry scored.

Just read my posts. Its clear what I am saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

I feel like this thread is some kind of round about groundhog day.

We lost lads. Get the **** over it. We lost to the best team in the country by two points with a performance to be proud of. The bitching and moaning in here is cringeworthy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TrueGael

I think its rich the Dublin fans telling us how to react to the game last Sunday, this is the Kerry thread not a Dublin one or a national one so please stop trying to dictate to us how to feel

That they are trying to make out that 1 bad call cancels out another is laughable for a number of reasons.

1) One happened in the 53rd, the other in the 73rd
    2) They seem to ignore all the other crucial calls that went their way in the 2nd half in a TWO point game

Why they are still on the KY board a WEEK after winning, leave us analyse what went wrong for Kerry and the way ahead and ye focus on Mayo

RE:the criticism of the subs It's a bit harder when you don't have a limitless pool of players to pick a squad of 26 from, injuries hit much harder when you dont have such luxuries

dobman88 wrote: »
    I feel like this thread is some kind of round about groundhog day.

We lost lads. Get the **** over it. We lost to the best team in the country by two points with a performance to be proud of. The bitching and moaning in here is cringeworthy stuff.

I amn't bitching or moaning about the result or even the refs performance!! I am not even from Kerry! I took no issue with Gough, thought his error in that instance was natural as he didn't see it properly.

• Advertisement

TrueGael wrote: »
    RE:the criticism of the subs It's a bit harder when you don't have a limitless pool of players to pick a squad of 26 from, injuries hit much harder when you dont have such luxuries

Not really. The players who were introduced are all proven entities at this level. I'm questioning their application on the day not their ability.

Regarding the Dubs posting here? I'll post where i like and its a bit rich of you with your first post chastising those creating honest debate.

corny wrote: »
    Not really. The players who were introduced are all proven entities at this level. I'm questioning their application on the day not their ability.

Regarding the Dubs posting here? I'll post where i like and its a bit rich of you with your first post chastising those creating honest debate.

I've been a lurker on here for a good while but had to sign up as I was sick of this thread been infiltrated on here by Dublin people telling us how to feel

Like I said we all cant have the luxury of having loads of superstars on our bench, we have to make the best of what we have and every player who played gave the best he had, it wasn't enough to win but we were massive underdogs and that is all you can ask

This is the Kerry thread if I wanted gloating Dubs in my face, I'll enter that thread or go to ResDubs. I had enough of that deal with at the game itself so forgive me if I want to read about Kerry GAA in here with a bit of peace and quiet

I amn't bitching or moaning about the result or even the refs performance!! I am not even from Kerry! I took no issue with Gough, thought his error in that instance was natural as he didn't see it properly.

It wasn't aimed directly at you. It was aimed at everyone complaining. We just all need to get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This is the thread to discuss Kerry football. Anyone and everyone is entitled to post in it, regardless of where they are from, as long as they observe the rules. The thread does not exclusively belong to Kerry supporters, anymore than the Dublin one belongs to Dublin supporters. As Dublin played Kerry in their most recent game, it stands to reason there will be people posting in both threads.

Like I said we all cant have the luxury of having loads of superstars on our bench, we have to make the best of what we have and every player who played gave the best he had, it wasn't enough to win but we were massive underdogs and that is all you can ask

Spare me the bull****.

On the point above. Sheehan, JOD, BJK and MO'S are not young lads trying to make their way in the game. They've arguably achieved more in the game than the Dublin subs. For whatever reason they weren't at the races when they came on imo. Thats the point i'm making.

If that threatens your peace and quiet....tough.

• Advertisement

I think BJK point was one of the best I've ever seen. It was also his first touch of the ball. Twas Maurice-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

County leagues finished up yesterday

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104914/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n1

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104915/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n2

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104916/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n3

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104917/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n4

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104926/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n5

Crokes V Stacks in the Division One final

Laune Rangers down to Division Three for next year

Great to see An Gaeltacht back in Division One for next year as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104914/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n1

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104915/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n2

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104916/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n3

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104917/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n4

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/104926/d_i_v_i_s_i_o_n5

Beale on a downward trajectory again. Pity.

This is the thread to discuss Kerry football. Anyone and everyone is entitled to post in it, regardless of where they are from, as long as they observe the rules. The thread does not exclusively belong to Kerry supporters, anymore than the Dublin one belongs to Dublin supporters. As Dublin played Kerry in their most recent game, it stands to reason there will be people posting in both threads.

There is a Dublin thread and a game thread itself so there is plenty to scope to air your views can we actually discuss the game amongst ourselves as well as Kerry GAA in general is that too much too ask?

It's either a Kerry thread or it isn't

Division 3 was crazy this year, only a few weeks ago Ballydonoghue were top of the table and St Pats hovering around the bottom 3 , Pats beat them by a point which started their winning streak and B'ghue's losing one

From a North Kerry perspective it was a very tough year in the County League with Beale, Tarbert, Moyvane , Finuge and possibly B'ghue all going down, while Duagh are in a playoff to get out of Div 5 lots of NK teams struggling at the bottom of the table as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Beale on a downward trajectory again. Pity.

With 3 up 3 down its very hard for the smaller teams to survive.

Beale only went up last year so chances are they'll be up next year.

Cracking year for Na Gaeil, a narrow loss to Ballymac the only blip.

Listowel to come in the championship.

There is a Dublin thread and a game thread itself so there is plenty to scope to air your views can we actually discuss the game amongst ourselves as well as Kerry GAA in general is that too much too ask?

It's either a Kerry thread or it isn't

What? So you want to build a Donald Trump style wall, to keep out anyone who isn't from Kerry, discussing games that Kerry play in, including people from the county that Kerry were just playing?

Good luck with getting that one past the mods ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

What? So you want to build a Donald Trump style wall, to keep out anyone who isn't from Kerry, discussing games that Kerry play in, including people from the county that Kerry were just playing?

D'Great Wall of Ciarrai

Caherlehillan%20Stone%20Fort%20003s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Division 3 was crazy this year, only a few weeks ago Ballydonoghue were top of the table and St Pats hovering around the bottom 3 , Pats beat them by a point which started their winning streak and B'ghue's losing one

From a North Kerry perspective it was a very tough year in the County League with Beale, Tarbert, Moyvane , Finuge and possibly B'ghue all going down, while Duagh are in a playoff to get out of Div 5 lots of NK teams struggling at the bottom of the table as well

I know ye don't like to consider us North Kerry, but Desmond's survived in division 1 despite some very patchy form. The team is decimated by injury, thankfully the intermediate semi final is not until the 25th.

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    I know ye don't like to consider us North Kerry, but Desmond's survived in division 1 despite some very patchy form. The team is decimated by injury, thankfully the intermediate semi final is not until the 25th.

Well I think the feeling is mutual , there have been v.good Desmond teams in the past have withdrawn from the NK Championship which is kinda a slap in the face to those who view it as the Holy Grail. Ye have only won 4 NK titles which is way below what it should be given the large amount of quality players ye have had over the years

This apathy can be seen from the small crowds that Desmonds, Brosna & Knock bring to NK games but to be fair it's a fair distance to games, I have always wondered why there has never been a St Kierans Championship and League, it would be of more interest to to the clubs involved and give clubs like Cordal & Scartaglin who are never going to win an EK Championship a realistic and meaningful competition to compete and win in.

Best of luck in the Intermediate by the way, v.hard to predict who will win that 4 very evenly matched teams left

No I just expect posters to have cop on and have a little respect for others, it's over a week since the game can we please move on! This is supposed to be the Kerry GAA thread................

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Great to see Na Gaeil on the up. Often the poor relation amongst the town teams.

Na Gaeil seem to be going well at underage as well, they won Division 2 at Minor and had the bulk of the St Brendans team that lost to a really strong East Kerry side last week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

We have lads on the Junior, u21, Minor and all the underage development panels now.

Stefan and Diarmuid are flying with the Minors and Andrew Barry has serious Senior potential. He was training with the Senior panel this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Well I think the feeling is mutual , there have been v.good Desmond teams in the past have withdrawn from the NK Championship which is kinda a slap in the face to those who view it as the Holy Grail. Ye have only won 4 NK titles which is way below what it should be given the large amount of quality players ye have had over the years

This apathy can be seen from the small crowds that Desmonds, Brosna & Knock bring to NK games but to be fair it's a fair distance to games, I have always wondered why there has never been a St Kierans Championship and League, it would be of more interest to to the clubs involved and give clubs like Cordal & Scartaglin who are never going to win an EK Championship a realistic and meaningful competition to compete and win in.

Best of luck in the Intermediate by the way, v.hard to predict who will win that 4 very evenly matched teams left

Haha I can't argue with you their! Hard to call but I feel An Ghaeltacht will be very hard to stop.

No I just expect posters to have cop on and have a little respect for others, it's over a week since the game can we please move on! This is supposed to be the Kerry GAA thread................

I'm not disrespecting anyone. I was discussing incidents in a game that Kerry were playing in. That is what the Kerry forum is for. If you are that sensitive, the perhaps Boards isn't for you, because when next years league kicks off, or there is off season news, everyone from the other 31 counties will be back again, discussing Kerry players, Kerry managers and Kerry games. That is what the Kerry forum is for. It belongs to everyone, as does the Dublin one. You are welcome over there anytime, especially when we renew rivalries in the Spring. :)

buyer95 wrote: »
    Haha I can't argue with you their! Hard to call but I feel An Ghaeltacht will be very hard to stop.

Best of luck and believe me I was delighted when Brosna won the All Ireland Junior and was rooting for them in last years final, anyone but Listowel is what nearly all people outside Listowel want to see

I see it's on the same day in Killarney as the Junior semi finals which is a pity as I'll probably head to those games, I think Kenmare was the best draw to get of the three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

corny wrote: »
    Spare me the bull****.

On the point above. Sheehan, JOD, BJK and MO'S are not young lads trying to make their way in the game. They've arguably achieved more in the game than the Dublin subs. For whatever reason they weren't at the races when they came on imo. Thats the point i'm making.

If that threatens your peace and quiet....tough.

Sheehan has had a woeful championship so him being awful was no surprise.
    The reason the story about him playing in goals went around was it was blatantly obvious how badly beaten he was around the centre of the pitch in the games against Clare. I don't think there is any place for him in the Kerry squad anymore and that's even if both Donaghy and Maher retire.
    JOD came on in the 58th minute v Tipp and played 66 minutes v Tipp prior to the Dublin game. That followed no game time in the league - he was clearly not match fit.
    Marc is 36 and a bit.
    BJK kicked one great point and did nothing else.

It's no great surprised that Kerry faded again in the closing stages given all of the following are over 30

Aidan O'Mahony
    Marc Ó Sé
    Kieran Donaghy
    Colm Cooper
    Donnchadh Walsh
    Bryan Sheehan
    Darran O’Sullivan
    Anthony Maher
    Brendan Kealy

It's tough to know how to manage the transition that is coming.

I think Aidan, Marc and Kieran are gone for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if any of Cooper, Walsh or Maher called it a day. Sheehan I don't think there is any place for on a intercounty team that has any aspirations of challenging.

On the management front I'd be shocked if Eamonn stayed on for another year. Longer-term I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped down for a few years and recharged the batteries. Worth remembering that the only team that have beaten Kerry in championship during Eamonn's time in charge have been Dublin and there's no shame in that given how good this Dublin team are. Also worth remembering that during his time in charge all of the following retired from intercounty action - Tom O'Sullivan, Seamus Scanlon, Tommy Griffin, Eoin Brosnan, Tomas O'Se, Paul Galvin, Declan O'Sullivan, Paul Galvin (again) That's in addition to the lads above who are likely to head off to the sunset very soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement