Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Charging 80% more in ROI than UK for same product

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 seamus789

shellyboo wrote: »
    Mayhap he means Cola Drink. I know you can get a big 2l bottle of Cola flavoured beverage in Lidl for 49c (I must be having too many house parties to know how much mixers cost in Lidl off the top of my head), but it's not Coca-Cola.

Fair enough, but what's that got to do with the discussion?

edit: ah I see now, steps_3314 was replying to the original poster. steps_3314 got his maths the wrong way around though.
    steps_3314 wrote: »
    Jesus the 49cent coke sold in Irelands Lidl must be only 9p in the Uk. I dont think so.
    The comparative prices would be 49c and 25p (49c is about 80% higher than 25p).
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lidl only charged 25p in England but as the original poster said you can't see their grocery prices on their website so we need someone in England to check the price for us :) (if we could care that much)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

The cause of such a price difference maybe due to the Lidl shops in the ROI knowing that there customers had alot of money( now known as "credit"),and would buy it at whatever cost, I, for one make sure I get the best value for everything :D. I am a tight amn in regards handing money over. SCAB and proud.

Advertisement