Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do people do in work when there bored?

Options
  • 28-01-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I recently started a new job and because i don't know how anything works im getting trained a little bit everyday. But every so often im left idle for a few hours.

Suggestions on how to beat the boredom??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

go to toilet and masterbate thinking of that little swedish secretary who just started....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Brown-nose. It's never too early to start.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If your posting here you already found my cure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Work on your solo hand-serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

The "How can I kill my boss and get away with it" Game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭themilkyone

apart from reading mind numbing threads about "hot to fix the recession" , "the most boring fact you know" and "most memorable sex scenes"... i've read most threads here and considering taking up different hobbies based on other threads knocking about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

If you can surf boards all day in work as you seem to be doing then thats a start. If you're extra bored then start a topic that will get everyone talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Google Eircom crossword and Indo crossword - print these off... there's half an hour gone right there...Enjoy! And if anyone knows what a fireproof material is with 8 letters I'd appreciate the help:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,128 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If you can surf boards all day in work as you seem to be doing then thats a start. If you're extra bored then start a topic that will get everyone talking.

Tell everyone you got laid last night:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

ladyella wrote: »
    Google Eircom crossword and Indo crossword - print these off... there's half an hour gone right there...Enjoy! And if anyone knows what a fireproof material is with 8 letters I'd appreciate the help:D
    Concrete

• Advertisement

Asbestos?

Great idea!!

Sorry i cant help on the crossword.. but it did pass a bit of time while i googled the answer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

OldGoat wrote: »
    Asbestos?

Winner! :D Thanking you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

This.

Winner! :D Thanking you!
    [Victory Dance] Wot I win, WOT I WIN?!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

OldGoat wrote: »
    [Victory Dance] Wot I win, WOT I WIN?!!?

You didn't close the tags! Now I'm Victory Dancing for no apparent reason! [/Victory Dance]

Phew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

When I get bored in work..That's when I start to work?

ClioV6 wrote: »
    When I get bored in work..That's when I start to work?

But as OP I cant because im not trained yet..Grrr!

But this is definitely helping along with the "slapperism" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Play this:
    Flitzebogen.xls

i got to level 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

tap the rythem to the drums of in the air tonight by phil collins with a set of spanners...

Good times... Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Dangerwa*k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

How did I know most replies would involve "fapping"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I recently started a new job and because i don't know how anything works im getting trained a little bit everyday. But every so often im left idle for a few hours.

Suggestions on how to beat the boredom??

Beat the bishop. This will win you the respect and admiration of your colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

How did I know most replies would involve "fapping"!

Its how you relieve your boredom?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My usual routine. dilbert,garfield,questionable content,ubersoft,user friendly,boards,mess rubiks cube,solve rubiks cube,boards,phone,boards,home

My usual routine. Dilbert,Garfield,questionable content,ubersoft,user friendly,boards,mess rubiks cube,solve rubiks cube,boards,phone,boards,home

So the general thing to do is read boards? Looking for something different but i reckon I've got a few ideas from here.. asides having a Tom Hank at my desk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Put your new work colleagues "together" in your mind. If you're in a big office, months can pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So the general thing to do is read boards? Looking for something different but i reckon I've got a few ideas from here.. asides having a Tom Hank at my desk!!
    What do you plan on doing with Ton Hanks:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

See how long you can **** behind your bosses back..you win the game if you can finish before he turns around!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

patmac wrote: »
    Play this:
    Flitzebogen.xls

i got to level 13

Nice one - but it's more fun to lose!

Advertisement