Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession is the birth pangs of a new global order, says Gordon Brown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

most people don't don't watch movies and soaps to be educated; they watch them to be entertained.
    I took Gordon Brown's comment to be referring to a reshuffling of the order of power between different nations. Specifically that the East seems likely to become more powerful and the West less so. Essentially "Hey we need to stop trying to ingratiate ourselves so much with america and start licking up to china"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

espinolman wrote: »
    Well i have come to the conclusion that everything which happens is planned through researching almost everyday for years now , like you start realizing that wars are planned to make money but mainly to change society and things like hollywood was set up to indoctrinate the masses , and seeing how predictive programming works in relationship to television soaps and films its like they give you a story and then you fill in the blanks and think it is true , people think they are being educated through television programmes but they are not , the data you get from programmes is what they want you to believe .

You may have come to the conclusion, but that doesn't mean that it actually happens. Most people can tell the difference between soap operas and real life, so I don't know where that part is coming from. Im not sure sure who "they" are that are making us believe stuff, television programmers? actors? government officials?

Maybe your daily research has clouded your view, if you look at something long enough you will eventually see patterns in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

How do you know that the NWO, Illuminati, space monkeys etc stuff isn't disinfo and there's a plot against us all, that in your wildest dreams you couldn't figure out or know about.

Logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

And you know how? You probably said to seem all wise and knowing, but it quite the opposite.

I would not like to be all wise and knowing , there would be no fun in that , because then there would be nothing to find out.

Kernel wrote: »
    Logic.

Haven't encountered that in most arguements for the above. Usually wild assumptions and half stories.

• Advertisement

Haven't encountered that in most arguements for the above. Usually wild assumptions and half stories.

I don't agree. My arguments for the NWO globalist state have always used facts and logical reasoning to demonstrate it's reality. In fact, even in MSM it is now taken as a political fact. The illuminati by their very nature are more difficult to 'out' since they are a secretive organisation. Scrutiny, however, has fallen on the CFR, Trilateral Commission and Bilderbergers, and the main players have revealed themselves. Use your own logic and you will see that such an organisation has always been inevitable, and that their globalist agenda has been pushed heavily since the last century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rox Sullivan

I think we should turn this country into the garden of europe
    you know, Out here we are stoned immaculate
    after all we do it well and the tourists love it

a few chickens in the yard
    a windmill on the roof
    a government thats honourable
    and to hell with the market
    I'd prefer a cuppa with a good neighbour anyday than a game of Monoply with a bunch of greedy careless suited crooks.

I've had it with recession
    lets talk revival

. Most people can tell the difference between soap operas and real life, so I don't know where that part is coming from.
    Thats is correct people can tell the difference , they know it is a fictional story but its the background , that they can think is real ,they are getting information all the time but they can think only the story is fictional , i have observed people in real life acting like something they have seen in a movie and using the same language word for word ,and the sad thing is they never even realize it - predictive programming.

as tom waits sings
    everything you can think of is true

please excuse my ignorance but
    who are the Bilderburgers ?

• Advertisement

please excuse my ignorance but
    who are the Bilderburgers ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

Kernel wrote: »
    I don't agree. My arguments for the NWO globalist state have always used facts and logical reasoning to demonstrate it's reality. In fact, even in MSM it is now taken as a political fact. The illuminati by their very nature are more difficult to 'out' since they are a secretive organisation. Scrutiny, however, has fallen on the CFR, Trilateral Commission and Bilderbergers, and the main players have revealed themselves. Use your own logic and you will see that such an organisation has always been inevitable, and that their globalist agenda has been pushed heavily since the last century.

Fair enough, there are certain organisations that want more money and power, but that doesn't translate to microchips, detention camps, eugenics etc. There will always be greedy people in this world, but it doesn't mean they control the world media & movie execs. I think that alot of what you may be trying to say is drowned under a sea of crap from alot of the posters here.

There will always be greedy people in this world, but it doesn't mean they control the world media & movie execs.

Have you never heard of the psychology of mass population control : http://www.knowledgedrivenrevolution.com/Articles/200802/20080204_ISS_4_Education.htm

Have you never heard of the psychology of mass population control : http://www.knowledgedrivenrevolution.com/Articles/200802/20080204_ISS_4_Education.htm

I'm not sure why you used that link in response to my comment.

I say that because there are greedy people, it doesn't automatically mean they are out to control the world.

You respond with a link explaining how people can be controlled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

I say that because there are greedy people, it doesn't automatically mean they are out to control the world.

If someone was, say, unlimitedly greedy, without empathy for others etc, on the lines of a socipathic homo oeconomicus, isn't the natural telos total control? I agree its not automatic, but it's quite loaded towards.

I've had it with recession
    lets talk revival

/applaud!

Kama wrote: »
    If someone was, say, unlimitedly greedy, without empathy for others etc, on the lines of a socipathic homo oeconomicus, isn't the natural telos total control? I agree its not automatic, but it's quite loaded towards.

Just because it can happen doesn't mean it will/is/has. You could use that argument for everything then.

I'm not sure why you used that link in response to my comment.

You respond with a link explaining how people can be controlled.

|Because if you understand how they do it then you can see it , i can see it being used in the irish media but only because i understand how it is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

|Because if you understand how they do it then you can see it , i can see it being used in the irish media but only because i understand how it is done.
    But, in the same vein, because you see how it could be done, you see things that aren't there and assume that it must be happening. It's two sides of the same coin.

And equally, if you assume its not, you can quite easily confirm that belief. Neither are 'strong' positions. (Notice I didn't say I knew it was true, but that I accept the possibility). Yet throughout human history, powerful elites can often be seen seeking more power, I personally doubt our epoch to be significantly different. The old saw that the people who want power are often the folks you'd least want with it comes to mind.

One mans 'globalist conspiracy' is another mans 'responsible governance of the world economy' tbh. One guys sensible preparations for possible anarchy are another mans concentration camps for a coup d'etat. Etc Etc.

On toic with the OP, what else would you think world leaders will say when there's a fall-apart of the system than 'lets make a new system'? 'Lets do nothing, and let sh*t fall where it may' don't work that hawt as speech material ;)

humanji wrote: »
    But, in the same vein, because you see how it could be done, you see things that aren't there and assume that it must be happening. It's two sides of the same coin.

Look what hypnotists can do , if someone really understood the mechanics of how that worked , they would be able to see how the same principle can be applied in the mass media to make people believe anything.

• Advertisement

It's called PR. I recommend Edward Bernays, Propaganda, as a starting point. Its not without limits, but influence can go a long way. Take phenomena like push polling, or look at studies in conformity like Asch. Academics who talk about 'social construction' don't know the half; far better off looking at marketing and persuasion.

For sure there is control and corruption
    and down right abuse of power and position
    you don't have to travel far to meet it
    but lets not bull**** ourselves
    who ultimatly calls the shots
    the masses
    it is the big WE I'm afraid
    the all consuming monster

it's all talk of revolution over a glass of cab sav
    on our new but not yet paid for patio

I guess it's the patio
    that ran off with my principles
    is that abstract enough
    to ignore

top me up there mac

seen naom chomsky speak awhile back
    I like that guy
    he tells it like it is

Kama wrote: »
    It's called PR. I recommend Edward Bernays, Propaganda, as a starting point. Its not without limits, but influence can go a long way. Take phenomena like push polling, or look at studies in conformity like Asch. Academics who talk about 'social construction' don't know the half; far better off looking at marketing and persuasion.

Yeah exactly Edward Bernays :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

And if reading is tl;dr, check 'Century of the Self' on googlevideo/youtube. Adam Curtis is my preferred source of propaganda, for great justice!

Bits of the book here, its old enough that you can grab it online easy. This is the man who made female smoking happen (torches of liberty campaign), marketed Freud to America, was behind the NAM campaign against the New Deal, and so on. He had a approach that is endearingly honest, as you'll see if you read any of him: people are a stupid herd, easily manipulated, and 'reality' is an image that can be produced. His insights underly all of modern branding, and he is the acknowledged father of Public Relations, though they rarely read the primary source in my epeenion.

From Cryptogon, on the current palatability of 'new world orders':
    I don’t know about you, but when I see the phrase, “New World Order” bandied about on the mainstream sites like it’s a new flavor of TicTac, I have to wonder if people know what this actually means.

The New World Order used to be something that people like me would read about in books that were never in stock in the local book store. We had to special order them. (Unless you happened to live near a book store that focused on unusual stuff.) The New World Order was talked about on radio shows that broadcast in the dead of night, after the alien guy went off the air. The New World Order was the butt of jokes: “Are you a conspiracy theorist who believes in the New World Order? HAHAHA. And Black helicopters? HAHAHA.” etc.

When I went to college, and majored in International Relations, I wasn’t expecting to hear much about this stuff. On the contrary, I encountered heaps of what ignorant people refer to as conspiracy theory as part of my coursework. Is it conspiracy theory if you have to write papers and take exams on things like the World Order Models Project, the Club of Rome, global federalism, multilateralism, economic interdependence, system transformation, the United Nations and its failed predecessor, the League of Nations? (snip)

Just because it can happen doesn't mean it will/is/has. You could use that argument for everything then.

Indeed, that is true. However, it is logical progression that it would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Brown said was not the time for countries to retreat from globalisation into protectionism. "Protectionism protects nobody," he said. "This is a time not just for individual, national measures to deal with the global financial crisis. This is the time for the world to come together as one."

Prime minister Gordon Brown sets out his agenda at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland on Friday 30 January 2009.

:rolleyes:

Brown said was not the time for countries to retreat from globalisation into protectionism. "Protectionism protects nobody," he said. "This is a time not just for individual, national measures to deal with the global financial crisis. This is the time for the world to come together as one."

Prime minister Gordon Brown sets out his agenda at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland on Friday 30 January 2009.

Definite proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Four-Too

Someone high in the ranks of the super secret organisation of the NWO needs to send out a memo to all members to tell them to stop mentioning the NWO in the world media.

Seriously lads, do you really think they'd go on about it in front of everyone if it was real?

It doesn't matter now how much they say "NWO" and similar phrases, because, it is already too late, they cannot be stopped now, their plans are too well advanced.
    Maybe someday, we will realise, only God can save us.

Advertisement