Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession is the birth pangs of a new global order, says Gordon Brown

Options
  • 27-01-2009 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Recession is the birth pangs of a new global order, says Brown
    British Prime Minister Gordon Brown says that the current financial crisis should be viewed as an opportunity to create a "new global order", ahead of a week of meetings with world leaders.

Speaking in London, Brown due to meet the leaders of Japan, South Korea and China in the next seven days renewed a warning against protectionism, urging countries to instead help set "new rules for this new global order".

Brown, who will also meet the president of the World Bank, cautioned that if a consensus was not built supporting globalisation, "all our prosperities" would be imperiled.

I always had my suspicions about this man.

Further reading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1128586/Recession-birth-pangs-new-global-order-says-Brown.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Someone high in the ranks of the super secret organisation of the NWO needs to send out a memo to all members to tell them to stop mentioning the NWO in the world media.

Seriously lads, do you really think they'd go on about it in front of everyone if it was real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Someone high in the ranks of the super secret organisation of the NWO needs to send out a memo to all members to tell them to stop mentioning the NWO in the world media.

Seriously lads, do you really think they'd go on about it in front of everyone if it was real?
    He didn't specifically mention the "NWO".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭road_2_damascus

He didn't specifically mention the "NWO".

Obama did in Berlin http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0CV8Xt2VWvc&feature=related

Did you watch that clip, or do you just regurgitate the first hit on youtube? At no point does he say that, the news reporter did. Why does stupid clip this come up again and again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭road_2_damascus

Did you watch that clip, or do you just regurgitate the first hit on youtube? At no point does he say that, the news reporter did. Why does stupid clip this come up again and again?

I didnt watch it until now... it is sensationalist reporting which Sky News are masters of. They would be well aware of the buzzwords and phrases that would attract viewers attention. That said, its only words anyway, words that other people say... the vibrations of shock can be felt as someone of a high rank, strings together the 3 words New World Order... and it has us all flocking, like red necks at a ufo sighting
    tribeperuAP_450x300.jpg

• Advertisement

I didnt watch it until now... it is sensationalist reporting which Sky News are masters of. They would be well aware of the buzzwords and phrases that would attract viewers attention. That said, its only words anyway, words that other people say... the vibrations of shock can be felt as someone of a high rank, strings together the 3 words New World Order... and it has us all flocking, like red necks at a ufo sighting

They caught your attention didnt they, even without looking at the video you then forwarded it on. Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Alittlebit

I think it's a bit silly to suggest that because the NWO is a phrase used on TV, it's not being organised in an underhand way. It clearly is being orchestrated in an underhand way.

The fact that Sky News used the phrase and many other in the media are starting to use the phrase may be a bit of an attempt to sanitise the phrase. It's a bit obvious now though what with Kissenger saying Barack can 'bring about a new world order' and GB snr. saying it all them times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So if I say "black is white" enough times, it becomes true?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Alittlebit wrote: »
    I think it's a bit silly to suggest that because the NWO is a phrase used on TV, it's not being organised in an underhand way.

I agree, in the sense that its use on TV doesn't preclude underhanded organisation.

I'd go further, though, and also point out that its use on TV doesn't suggest underhanded organisation either.
    The fact that Sky News used the phrase and many other in the media are starting to use the phrase may be a bit of an attempt to sanitise the phrase.
    There's any number of things it may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

NWO is just an easy term to describe whats already there. As to the cons there are many-the status quo, multinationals, state terrorism abroad, the fact that we are indoctrinated from birth to become consumers and pathological---ie the typical I'm alright Jack attitude. But interpreting to mean a secret luciferian cabal is dubious, not out of bounds, but it just seems like a money spinner to sell books. And why do they keep using Star Wars music, it just makes them look jokey and does them no favours!

. And why do they keep using Star Wars music, it just makes them look jokey and does them no favours!

Well it either that, or the Requiem for a Dream music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

New world order
    new world - order
    what is that supposed to mean : order in a new word.
    Is there going to be a new world !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

to be inferring that a new world order is a secret cabal of evil old men plotting world domination in their subterranean bases is not an argument against the Brown's quotes, and his call for internationalism, sinister or not.

By chance or by engineering the global financial mess and reaction has played out the as predicted by conspiracy theorists, (of which I am not one).. Stuff like this just adds fuel to the flames.

I am sure if this was 06 and run to da hills posted a prediction that economies would falter resulting in calls for a collective global response that breaks down international borders to "save us" from ruin, ridicule would follow

To be fair, people have been predicting a global financial collapse every year since the Depression. It's the same as the people who have been predicting the end of the world. Each year that it doesn't happen they just say, "well next year it's definietly going to happen", and if /when it does, they jump up and shout "Ha! I told you so!" (and then blink out of existence).

humanji wrote: »
    To be fair, people have been predicting a global financial collapse every year since the Depression. It's the same as the people who have been predicting the end of the world. Each year that it doesn't happen they just say, "well next year it's definietly going to happen", and if /when it does, they jump up and shout "Ha! I told you so!" (and then blink out of existence).

No the world is not going to end , however there will be massive changes as we go through the dark rift .

espinolman wrote: »
    No the world is not going to end , however there will be massive changes as we go through the dark rift .

And then come out the other side of it and all will be good until the next downturn.

I predict the next downturn. Bookmark this.

Everything that happens in the world is planned .

And it's all cyclical, so it's already happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 BrianMeehan

You got that right.

If only the masses could accept such sentiments, then maybe they might start to see the light.

• Advertisement

And you know how? You probably said to seem all wise and knowing, but it quite the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

did you read that economist predictions in after hours? Terrifying stuff.

And you know how? .

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

“We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.” - David Rockefeller

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

“We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.” - David Rockefeller

"Just because something is said, doesn't mean it's fact" - The Commander

"Picking and choosing which quotes you want to put 100% faith in doesn't make a good argument" - The Commander

So all of these Conspiracy Theories and Theorists are a part of someone's plan...

bonkey wrote: »
    So all of these Conspiracy Theories and Theorists are a part of someone's plan...

just one full stop would be more correct.

It is called disinformation. Why do you think all this alien crap was created, for no other reason than to discredit real issues.

The term "conspiracy theory" is in itself a term used to tar another persons comment.

You should read US military reports on this, but then again you know exactly what I mean. After all that is why you post here.

This is the Conspiracy Theories forum, not the Grammar forum.

Either which way, an ellipsis may be validly used to indicated an unfinished thought.
    It is called disinformation.
    If thats what you choose to believe...

I'm more interested in why (some) Conspiracy Theorists can believe they are somehow more aware of whats going on in the world and yet not get outraged when someone tells them that everything that happens - including the dissemination of the theories they believe in - is planned.
    The term "conspiracy theory" is in itself a term used to tar another persons comment.
    Again, if that's what you choose to believe...
    You should read US military reports on this, but then again you know exactly what I mean. After all that is why you post here.
    I'll thank you to limit yourself to commenting on posts and not posters.

t is called disinformation. Why do you think all this alien crap was created, for no other reason than to discredit real issues.

How do you know that the NWO, Illuminati, space monkeys etc stuff isn't disinfo and there's a plot against us all, that in your wildest dreams you couldn't figure out or know about.

And you know how? You probably said to seem all wise and knowing, but it quite the opposite.

Well i have come to the conclusion that everything which happens is planned through researching almost everyday for years now , like you start realizing that wars are planned to make money but mainly to change society and things like hollywood was set up to indoctrinate the masses , and seeing how predictive programming works in relationship to television soaps and films its like they give you a story and then you fill in the blanks and think it is true , people think they are being educated through television programmes but they are not , the data you get from programmes is what they want you to believe .

• Advertisement

It is called disinformation. Why do you think all this alien crap was created, for no other reason than to discredit real issues.

No sorry but too many people have seen UFOs , even here in Ireland , you are wrong about that .

Advertisement