Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny / Waterford Motorway opening?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

When Oh When Oh When is our new motorway open! ?

Also what do you think it will save on a journey time-wise, I reckon 15 minutes each way handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackbeard

Does anybody know why the road is not open yet from what i can see it appears to be done but i have only seen some sections of the road?
    Are they waiting on a "Minister" to come back from his holidays to open the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Bards

blackbeard wrote: »
    Does anybody know why the road is not open yet from what i can see it appears to be done but i have only seen some sections of the road?
    Are they waiting on a "Minister" to come back from his holidays to open the road?

erm.... It's NOT finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

when will the danesfort to powerstown section open anyone know???

AFAIK Sometime around June/July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Anyone else notice the past month since the M9 opened between Kilcullen and Carlow the N9/10 between KK and Powerstown has become even busier?
    It was an extremely stretch of road to start with. Now it is just constant traffic. I guess any traffic that used go via Athy is pretty much now using the new road/motorway.

mfitzy wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the past month since the M9 opened between Kilcullen and Carlow the N9/10 between KK and Powerstown has become even busier?
    It was an extremely stretch of road to start with. Now it is just constant traffic. I guess any traffic that used go via Athy is pretty much now using the new road/motorway.

Same will happ[en with the southern end, between Kilkenny and Waterford once it is completed and OPEN

Bards wrote: »
    Same will happ[en with the southern end, between Kilkenny and Waterford once it is completed and OPEN

Yes, it sure will. I guess a lot of Waterford people used to use the N11 via Wexford/Wicklow too, I 'd imagine a lot of those are back using the M9/N9 despite the temporary poor quality of the route as far as Gowran. Lets hope the opening does not slip past Mid Feb as planned :)

Yes, it sure will. I guess a lot of Waterford people used to use the N11 via Wexford/Wicklow too, I 'd imagine a lot of those are back using the M9/N9 despite the temporary poor quality of the route as far as Gowran. Lets hope the opening does not slip past Mid Feb as planned :)

With the weather we have expereinced lately, I find it hard to believe it will be ready for mid-february give BAM's track record with weather related delays

More than likely before end of March

Bards wrote: »
    With the weather we have expereinced lately, I find it hard to believe it will be ready for mid-february give BAM's track record with weather related delays

More than likely before end of March

I think so too. I guess the major positive to take is that the road is opening as far as Danefort instead of just Knocktopher which by default eliminates Thomastown, Stoneyford and Gowran for most motorists. Not to mention Ballyhale, Knocktopher and Mullinavat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

I think so too. I guess the major positive to take is that the road is opening as far as Danefort instead of just Knocktopher which by default eliminates Thomastown, Stoneyford and Gowran for most motorists. Not to mention Ballyhale, Knocktopher and Mullinavat.

great hate the sight of those dreary places hope it opens soon quicker the better..........

Hoffmans wrote: »
    great hate the sight of those dreary places hope it opens soon quicker the better..........

Mid Feb we were told but going on past dates I think this slip again as the weather has been so atrocious.
    Those villages/towns are nice in their own right but as regards having traffic pouring through them in this day and age it is just not on. No one mourns the passing of Castledermot in the past month.

At last it seems to be happening. Delighted for anyone forced to use the N9 daily.
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/Motorway-opening-in-March.6056568.jp

At the Carlow side, they are installing a roundabout on the N10 in Paulstown for the link to the new M9.

At last it seems to be happening. Delighted for anyone forced to use the N9 daily.
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/Motorway-opening-in-March.6056568.jp

At the Carlow side, they are installing a roundabout on the N10 in Paulstown for the link to the new M9.

any chance of some pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Fantastic we're getting closer to the opening :D

They're working day and night on the section near me so they're obviously keen to get it finished asap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Can't wait, I'll finally be able to cycle that road without fear a truck is going to clean me out of it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackbeard

anybody hear when its opening heard it was mid march but no sign yet????

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

I heard it will open next Monday, the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yes, Monday. Official political photo opportunity opening at 11 AM according to the Infrastructure forum. Opening to traffic sometime later.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Carlow to Knocktopher is to open September 9th :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Should open it a few days earlier, with a certain trophy being the first item travelling down it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The trip up to Dunne's Stores in Carlow should be very quick then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

fabbydabby wrote: »
    The trip up to Dunne's Stores in Carlow should be very quick then.
    No need to since they got planning permission to build one on the Carlow road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Plug wrote: »
    No need to since they got planning permission to build one on the Carlow road!
    That joke has been dunne to death!

I'll get my coat!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Wouldn't it be great if Dunnes got a contract to build at all the service/rest areas...

Advertisement