Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Text from seller - "Tax out end of Jan. Serviced but no history".

to cover up its clocked maybe?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

MidlandsM wrote: »
    to cover up its clocked maybe?:p

Who knows. Those 1 photo, minimal information ads always put me off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2799915

View2-9055479.jpeg

Now this is nice, looks like a really mint E39 528i. No mention of NCT but just look how clean she looks. If it could be gotten for around the €1000 mark that's some car for the money..

Sans NCT it's worth sfa really.

RoverJames wrote: »

make a good hen house :p:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

That hitch would be in the next county if parked at mine

/\ - cracker cheap banger!

I bet the old NCT shocker test (even on all sides) will let it down on the road. The fookin height of it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

1999 Alfa 166 with very low mileage and 6 months NCT for only €800

http://www.adverts.ie/car/alfa-romeo/166/1999-alfa-romeo-166-for-sale/1216452

I love 166s :D

• Advertisement

Col200sx wrote: »

I love 166man :D

Gayer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

E39MSport wrote: »
    Gayer :D

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

Can't be sure about the mileage. It's fresh on the inside but I don't know.

It's my car by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

166man wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2799915

View2-9055479.jpeg

Now this is nice, looks like a really mint E39 528i. No mention of NCT but just look how clean she looks. If it could be gotten for around the €1000 mark that's some car for the money..
    That looks really nice but then again I've had a major hankering for another e39 recently. An NCT doesn't mean that the car is fault free and will be reliable until the expiry. I've never really been hung up on MOT/NCT duration for this reason but obviously it's great to have the legality sitting there ready in the window.

Col200sx wrote: »

I love 166s :D

:eek: x10000

How could the mileage be that low though, only 39k miles? I doubt it somehow and it's a V6! I facking hate insurance these days!

Edit: Any pics of the interior Markens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

:eek: x10000

How could the mileage be that low though, only 39k miles? I doubt it somehow and it's a V6! I facking hate insurance these days!

Was someone not on in another thread asking about selling their 166? I just remember because they said it had 39k but the clocks had been changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

markens2 wrote: »
    No not on adverts. Might do that now. It's a 99 with NCT until July. In good nick. No history worth talking about and I think the clock was replaced so the mileage is currently at 39000ish.

I don't think it's an enthusiasts car. I'm sure they'd be looking for a perfect example.

I'm at the stage now where if I can get enough cash to buy another car it's gone.

Hello hello hello ;)

It was me.

On this thread.

Can't be sure about the mileage. It's fresh on the inside but I don't know.

It's my car by the way.
    Was someone not on in another thread asking about selling their 166? I just remember because they said it had 39k but the clocks had been changed.

indeed :pac:

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Hello hello hello ;)

I've no evidence of the clock being replaced.

Just guessing because surely nobody is stupid enough to clock a car that much.

• Advertisement

commited wrote: »
    That looks really nice but then again I've had a major hankering for another e39 recently. An NCT doesn't mean that the car is fault free and will be reliable until the expiry. I've never really been hung up on MOT/NCT duration for this reason but obviously it's great to have the legality sitting there ready in the window.

The way I see it is that if it's in such good condition then surely the owner has kept in good condition mechanically? I'd say it's definitely worth a look though, it may have an NCT too but the seller hasn't posted it. I just thought that E39 for the money looks very clean and it's a 528i which are quite rare too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Alfa Doesnt look bad at all.
    You really need interior pics as it is the interior that might persuade someone to buy (assuming its got leather)

Yeah it has grey leather.
    Interior is the reason I bought it.

But that means I have to clean the car now.

Yeah it has grey leather.
    Interior is the reason I bought it.

But that means I have to clean the car now.

In fairness if you're selling a car to somebody else it's not unreasonable for it to be sort of clean. If the interior is in good condition you should showcase that. Give it a good clean and put pictures up, would definitely help.:)

Oh and surely the fact that it's an Alfa V6 would be a reason to buy it and not just the interior!:D

In fairness if you're selling a car to somebody else it's not unreasonable for it to be sort of clean. If the interior is in good condition you should showcase that. Give it a good clean and put pictures up, would definitely help.:)

Oh and surely the fact that it's an Alfa V6 would be a reason to buy one!:D

It's clean alright but I literally have about 20 folders and lots of other stuff for work in it. I'll clear it out tomorrow and take a few snaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

RoverJames wrote: »

Really the car looks great and I was thanking the post, but you are right. A short NCT is a risk, but no NCT equals don't bother in my book. This thread would be better / cleaner if cars without any NCT were excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

This is rally nice for that price:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2568273

187009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

This is rally nice for that price:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2568273

How does that fit into bangeromics? :confused:

You'd be looking at 6/7k after VRT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

How does that fit into bangeromics? :confused:

You'd be looking at 6/7k after VRT

such a shame:rolleyes: I saw Donegal and didnt notice the NI plates
    I would still be tempted for 6k but point taken

• Advertisement

to be fair, whilst the rx8 is not a candidate yet, I predict some will enter the bangernomic territory late this year, or next as fuel prices keep going up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement