Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AIB Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Joc, rugbyman is right to welcome User Name. I can't say I'm his biggest fan, but it's no harm to be friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

daveirl wrote: »

Dave

In my opinion you are wasting your time trying to explain - as good an explanation as it is.

There are only so many times you flog a dead horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 User Name.

Well I'm certainly hoping so, cheers.

And an actual sincere thanks to rugbyman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

when this financial crises is over and profit starts returning to banks would dividend payments start to be made by banks by first quarter of profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

90 cent nice profit those you Gambled last week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

There is a rumour starting to circulate that a certain Irish Business Man has been building a stake in AIB and is up to 12%, but I thought an investor had to declare an interest which exceeded 3%, so maybe the rumour is rubbish!

It's probably Sean Quinn. Sure he made a killing on his Anglo stake . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭-mr.x-

BUFFET is coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

homer911 wrote: »
    There is a rumour starting to circulate that a certain Irish Business Man has been building a stake in AIB and is up to 12%, but I thought an investor had to declare an interest which exceeded 3%, so maybe the rumour is rubbish!
    Liam Carroll, Sean Quinn and several other Irish businessmen have used CFD's to build up stakes in listed companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

heard it was Dermot Desmond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

homer911 wrote: »

That was me. Bought a tenners worth every day last week.

wyndham wrote: »
    That was me. Bought a tenners worth every day last week.

well done your in profit.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bob Hope

Out my trading shares at 1.20 (short term target hit) today. Congrats to Rugbyman et al who made a profit. Excellent job. :)

“The efficient-market hypothesis may be the foremost piece of B.S. ever promulgated in any area of human knowledge!” DewD on Ihub

Bob Hope wrote: »
    Out my trading shares at 1.20 (short term target hit) today. Congrats to Rugbyman et al who made a profit. Excellent job. :)

“The efficient-market hypothesis may be the foremost piece of B.S. ever promulgated in any area of human knowledge!” DewD on Ihub

Out bit early yesterday, probably see profit taking today and price fall back to 1.00-1.10 range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Qwertysurf

Hey. Ok, so I have never traded in my life. When I saw AIB shares at 60c I felt it was well worth a gamble. I have been desperately trying to get an account open to trade shares and it will be tomorrow or day after before my transfer of 5,000 has gone through and I can trade.
    Meanwhile the shares have gone from 60c to 120c. Had I managed to buy at 60c I would have sold half my shares which would have returned my inital investment and the rest I would have left as a free long term gamble. Now I am wondering is the opportunity for the quick killing (as reward for risking all) now gone?
    Do people feel they will now just settle and fluctuate slightly or is there still room for increasing shares?
    In summary, have I lost my chance in the last few days or is there still a killing to be made is I am willing to take the risk of nationalistaion. Advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Qwertysurf wrote: »
    Hey. Ok, so I have never traded in my life. When I saw AIB shares at 60c I felt it was well worth a gamble. I have been desperately trying to get an account open to trade shares and it will be tomorrow or day after before my transfer of 5,000 has gone through and I can trade.
    Meanwhile the shares have gone from 60c to 120c. Had I managed to buy at 60c I would have sold half my shares which would have returned my inital investment and the rest I would have left as a free long term gamble Now I am wondering is the opportunity for the quick killing (as reward for risking all) now gone?
    Do people feel they will now just settle and fluctuate slightly or is there still room for increasing shares?
    In summary, have I lost my chance in the last few days or is there still a killing to be made is I am willing to take the risk of nationalistaion. Advice appreciated

So do you want the long term or the quick killing? Would help answer the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Qwertysurf wrote: »
    Meanwhile the shares have gone from 60c to 120c. Had I managed to buy at 60c I would have sold half my shares which would have returned my inital investment and the rest I would have left as a free long term gamble. Now I am wondering is the opportunity for the quick killing (as reward for risking all) now gone?

What would you have done (having bought at 60 cent) when the share price fell from 60 to 30 cent in the space of 2 days? Would you have sweated?

• Advertisement

Quick killing!!

buying at 60c dropped to 30c i would definetly have sweated and probably felt My full investment was on its way down!! but i know that when they are this low, its maybe all or nothing!

No way of knowing for sure but from my experience if you had got your shares at 60c and you had seen them go to 30c then you would have been happy to get your money back so talking about this unrealised profit is pie in the sky. The delay in setting up your account probably just saved you some money in brokerage fees

€1.53. Somebody hoovering up shares big time. That you Dermot?

It isnt necessarily one person. The shares are just finding their way naturally back to the price they were at before the fear of nationalisation. Simple market dynamics really. All markets have rallied the last few days

AIB due for a shrp correction from €1.53 by the end of the week.

Due to Profit Taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Correction? I don't understand. The price is due to drop?

(apologies for showing ignorance)

Confab wrote: »
    Correction? I don't understand. The price is due to drop?

(apologies for showing ignorance)

Yes a correction or fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

If that's the case, then why are people buying now and not waiting until it drops on Friday?

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    If that's the case, then why are people buying now and not waiting until it drops on Friday?

For people to be buying, other people must be selling, right ?

all you got to figure out is who you are in agreement with, the buyers or the sellers . . .

Advertisement