Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AIB Discussion Thread

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

PCPhoto wrote: »
    however - due to recent powers given to the department of Finance - reporting on the "potential" deal are not to be reported ... apparently this new finance bill which was passed allowed the dept of finance to make deals and force the media not to make any reference to it

Now that is unconstitutional - worrying bill indeed. Is this Ireland's Patriot Act??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

93% nationalized according to the document filed with the stock exchange.

http://www.ise.ie/app/announcementDetails.asp?ID=10748385

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Any idea what that makes the current shares worth? , I`m thinking even with AIB fully recapitalized the share price at this level of dilution is about 12 cents
    Is this anyway near the mark ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Any idea what that makes the current shares worth? , I`m thinking even with AIB fully recapitalized the share price at this level of dilution is about 12 cents
    Is this anyway near the mark ?
    At 32 cent and with the share count fully diluted, the market values AIB at €8 billion. In 2007 at the peak of the market, the market cap was about €20 billion. Considering that AIB has been shrunk so much (American, Polish, Bulgarian operations + other capital markets parts of the business sold), this sort of valuation appears ludicrous.

Of course though, the ignorant people will just ignore the share count and just see that the share price has went from €20 to 30 cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

sorry to drag this thread back up but from what i hear AIB will be delisted from the Irish Market. Anyone know if the ADR will be delisted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yes the adr will be delisted also

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

AIB will be delisted from ISEQ in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Squashie

I apologize if this has been asked before and I just haven't been able to find the answer, but...

Can I buy into and trade on the NASDAQ through AIB? I have a few grand in an account and have been interested in using it to trade shares in NASDAQ companies for a while now. Can I set up a trading account through AIB? ... or if not, what would be the least fuss method of going about setting one up elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

National Irish Banks custody account was toally hassle-free in my experience, charges are competitive aswell (free to set up and fund, €20 a trade), good web interface or phone execution with one of their brokers if you prefer. Im a very infrequent trader though so I dont know what its like for day trading:

http://www.nationalirishbank.ie/en-ie/Personal/Save-and-invest/Investment/Products/Pages/Online-Trading.aspx

Comes with a normal current account aswell if you're worried about the Irish banks, NIB belongs to Danske Bank.

Advertisement