Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that i'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

shawnee wrote: »
    Mother in law on the bonnet... place to hang on to :D

who wants to be in the drivers seat with your MIL in that position ? jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Reasonably priced Humber Sceptre for anyone who is into them sort of things
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3199809
    Full-10896473.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Always liked Sceptres, real classy looking car both inside and out. I have a front and rear screen for one in the stores. Massive heavy glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Always liked Sceptres, real classy looking car both inside and out. I have a front and rear screen for one in the stores. Massive heavy glass!

Always loved them too. I remember a neighbour returning from England for the summer holidays back in the 60's with one. Was so luxurious compared to my dads Anglia!
    Anyway dream over!
    The paint seems to be gone flat on that one. Would I be right in thinking a respray would be very expensive due to all the chrome that has to be removed and replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Hifive wrote: »
    And yet again for the bargain price of £10k sterling and now wrongly billed as an M6:(
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-BMW-M635-CSI-RED-HIGHLINE-EDITION-6-SERIES-CLASSIC-/260995224622
    Same car F50 AFY was the UK reg on it when I imported it in 2007

Sensible car for the uk with annual road tax of approx £210 as opposed to our lunatic figure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Hermy wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the 'handles' on the front are for? Have wondered about them since I was a kid.

They are cheap Renault over-riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

red sean wrote: »

Always loved them too. I remember a neighbour returning from England for the summer holidays back in the 60's with one. Was so luxurious compared to my dads Anglia!
    Anyway dream over!
    The paint seems to be gone flat on that one. Would I be right in thinking a respray would be very expensive due to all the chrome that has to be removed and replaced?
    Someone I know sent two admittedly large bumpers to the UK for a quote on re chroming and I couldn't belive the quote, about £2000 stg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

Maybe not a bargain, but this car is identical to the one i owned as when i was 18 :(

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2060228

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Viva la (original Irish) Viva,nice with a V8 fitted in the big engine bay
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2871486

Bit of work required here, but it'd sell well to Japan
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3212354

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 944T

bijapos wrote: »
    Nice car by the looks of it, Alpine alloys and the Highline spec to boot, but the fact that the NCT is out at the end of the month and there seems to be no NCT report doesn't bode well for it IMO.

Still a true 80's classic, although being built since 76-77 there are a few around that are entitled to a ZV number and subsequent cheap tax.

The reg is 89-W-1994, that would annoy me just a tiny bit that its not 89-W-1989 :o.

Hi If it registered 89W1989 I would be un happy as I am the owner of that number, it sits on my 944.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 944T

Sorry about the pigeon English It was edited and sent in error before it was finished. Anyway the six series looks good so don't worry about the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Looks very original and seems in good nick. nice price too @ €695. Always loved early 90s Hondas

Full?id=11024154

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Koshea

Well folks, I'm on the lookout for something cheap/cheerful/easy to work on to get me started in classic cars (spending all day behind a computer does not agree with me unless I've something to go home and fix/work on at the end of the day!) Not my cup of tea and it looks like too much work for my first but I'll pop this up:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3229799

(not mine, just thought this counted as a classic bargain, albeit with a bit of work needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Koshea wrote: »
    Well folks, I'm on the lookout for something cheap/cheerful/easy to work on to get me started in classic cars (spending all day behind a computer does not agree with me unless I've something to go home and fix/work on at the end of the day!) Not my cup of tea and it looks like too much work for my first but I'll pop this up:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3229799

(not mine, just thought this counted as a classic bargain, albeit with a bit of work needed)
    Take it from me the body work is shot on that and is going to cost a small fortune to put right. I'm currently restoring a fulvia and am having to spend far in excess of my budget to fix the bodywork, in my opinion when looking for a project body condition is the most important aspect I'd rather a non runner with a good body than a runner that is rotten from the bumpers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Koshea

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Take it from me the body work is shot on that and is going to cost a small fortune to put right. I'm currently restoring a fulvia and am having to spend far in excess of my budget to fix the bodywork, in my opinion when looking for a project body condition is the most important aspect I'd rather a non runner with a good body than a runner that is rotten from the bumpers down.

Sound, much appreciated Kev1.3s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Capri wrote: »
    Full-11106448.jpeg
    I like it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I like it.

I like it too, I wonder if it's based on a former hearse?

No idea how it got through the NCT with those exhausts. If you wanted to take it out of the country you'd need to change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

red sean wrote: »
    No it's a Dublin reg, a cavan reg would be ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭f4fay

I like it.

Why ??

I like it.

Why would you need to change the exhaust's ??

No idea how it got through the NCT with those exhausts. If you wanted to take it out of the country you'd need to change them.

Sorry Why would you have to change the exhausts ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

No idea how it got through the NCT with those exhausts..

I'd say he DOE'd it, and there'd be no issues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

It wasn't a hearse, it's pretty nasty IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

f4fay wrote: »
    Sorry Why would you have to change the exhausts ??

No heat shields around them. The top of the exhaust is also too low. At that height smoke or a bit of burning soot can easily fly out of it into someones face.

A lot of EU countries ban them, the exception being on trucks where it's not possible to change them without major work such as on imported US trucks or on some tipper and construction related trucks where its not good to have a low standard exhaust.

You'd get pulled quick enough in a lot of countries with those exhausts, easier to change them over before you leave here.
    MidlandsM wrote: »
    I'd say he DOE'd it, and there'd be no issues there.

Yes, it should have a DOE instead of an NCT.

NCT or DOE, it's insane the amount of things that get through the tests here, mostly I presume with the help of a few notes. I test drove a W124 Merc yesterday with an NCT issued on Wednesday, it pulled so far to the left that my right arm was gettting sore after 15km, broken rear light too and judging by the dirt in it, it's been broken for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

2695497.jpg300 SEL 6.3 already in Ireland 17000 no bargain i thought it was 10k when i saw it first .
    http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C293022
    2695501.jpg

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/cars/mercedes/2695497.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

It wasn't a hearse, it's pretty nasty IMO.

Thats what I thought when I first saw it, very ugly looking in my opinion :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement