Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stig, Unmasked!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

?

Where are you seeing this? I thought he was some rally driver

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4286448/Who-is-the-Stig-The-answer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

phasers wrote: »
    (You know he isn't really right?)

[/QUOTE
    of course, he's really the stunt guy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

If it's true, big catch for them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Max Power1 wrote: »
    ?

Where are you seeing this? I thought he was some rally driver

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4286448/Who-is-the-Stig-The-answer.html
    Eh on the Top Gear show that it is on right now on BBC2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

He's not the stig, he may well have driven the FXX instead of the usual Stig, just like the Renault Test Driver drove the Renault F1 car around.

• Advertisement

Christ, people really don't get things sometimes.

He's not the Stig, he may have driven the FXX instead of the usual Stig, but that would be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It's a great thread title especially for anyone who isn't watching Top Gear right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

No, I don't think he is the actual Stig, just for this episode probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It's a great thread title especially for anyone who isn't watching Top Gear right now.

Exactly, use some cop on when typing in a thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How much of the 7 seconds do we reckon is down to Schumi being the driver and how much is the FXX just better than the rest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Are you sure The Stig isn't Michael Schumacher? How do ye know?
    EDIT: Woops, never read the link!! Pity though.... would have liked it if he was

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Mossy Monk wrote: »

sorry, wasn't thinkin of that.

please edit the title mods or merge it with the other thread or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Nod to him not being The Stig at the end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

amacachi wrote: »
    Christ, people really don't get things sometimes.

He's not the Stig, he may have driven the FXX instead of the usual Stig, but that would be it.
    Relax a bit would ya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,811 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

He's not the Stig.

But that was frickin' awesome all the same!!!

I knew they were going to just do a red herring/pisstake. :D

kmart6 wrote: »
    Relax a bit would ya!!!

I was perfectly relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

I can't believe people are getting worked up thinking 'the stig' is one person, over the series there have probably been a load of different drivers in that suit. Who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Was probably Schumi's Fxx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Beekay wrote: »
    Was probably Schumi's Fxx

Your right,
    Heck, I'd say the only reason he was on the show tonight was so they could get the FXX on the track and as a laugh they put him in the Stig racing suit. But as stated The Stig has been many people over the years, except Black Stig who was one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Yup, that Fxx is Schumacher's, it's only one without the stripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

The clever lads at TopGear want to make as much as news as possible for the first session of the new season, and they did it in style!

Ferrari probably paid TG for putting the FXX around the TopGear track and of course they couldn't afford to have anyone from TG drive and wreck it, including the real Stig, and not to mention the chance of doing a mediocre lap with it. So they naturally would have insisted Shumy to drive it, and then the TG team thought up of this whole stunt...

Ferrari is happy to put hat time on TG board for FXX, Schumy does his job as Ferrari promoter, TG gets to interview Schumy, TG gets a whole pile of publicity, and fun for viewers too!! Win-win situation! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

For those of you who didn't see the "unveiling" last night... here's some pics!
    qs73p4.jpg
    © of IrishKev
    23mlg94.jpg
    © of IrishKev
    34ys0hk.jpg
    © of IrishKev :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Your right,
    Heck, I'd say the only reason he was on the show tonight was so they could get the FXX on the track and as a laugh they put him in the Stig racing suit. But as stated The Stig has been many people over the years, except Black Stig who was one person.

Brilliance....

It was brillaint TV though.... "OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF!!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Whatever about the Stig, geez that was some lap in the FXX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Wacko wrote: »
    I can't believe people are getting worked up thinking 'the stig' is one person, over the series there have probably been a load of different drivers in that suit. Who cares.

+1

I can't believe anyone could think a megastar like Schumacher could be the Stig:rolleyes:...

Just goes to show the type of people watching TG these days haven't got a flippin' clue...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭v10

IrishKev wrote: »
    © of IrishKev
    really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭stevensi

I just won twenty quid of a buddy of mine. I had always said that Schumi was the Stig. I was really only guessing but i can't believe i was right....

stevensi wrote: »
    I just won twenty quid of a buddy of mine. I had always said that Schumi was the Stig. I was really only guessing but i can't believe i was right....

He's not the stig. It was a piece down for Ferrari... Give the money back, you lost! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I really doubt Shumi has the time to be the stig full time but it would explain why the stig never talks in that you'd know it was him straight away.

Advertisement