Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another miscarriage thread...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

CathyMoran wrote: »
    The work situation has gone from bad to worse to total hell - but I cant discuss it. They may have left part of my baby in me, so I may need another procedure, but I will not know until Wednesday :( Just wish that I could crawl into bed with my hubby...

:( You are not having an easy time of it at all.. Is there no way you can get signed off sick for a while? It's not fair that you have to deal with all of this lumped together, I'm so sorry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The work situation has gone from bad to worse to total hell - but I cant discuss it. They may have left part of my baby in me, so I may need another procedure, but I will not know until Wednesday :( Just wish that I could crawl into bed with my hubby...
    *hugs* I hope things improve for you soon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

The worst thing about the work thing is that both my hubby and I are being targeted...advantages of working in the same place...dont know how we slept last night...oh, I also broke a filling for good measure over the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi,

we miscarried today at 9.5 weeks, feel emotionally drained but just want to try for a baby again (and have a drink!)...we are being taken in tomorrow for another scan even though the one today showed that baby was dead. Just wanted to vent more than anything. Am running on empty, still looking after my blood sugars and still eating because I want to be strong if we try again. Shane and I are devastated, I feel that it is my fault as I got stressed out and did not eat enough in early pregnancy, plus I was so excited.

AC

Hi Cathy, Have been following your forum. Ny wife mis carried at 11 weeks. S/he was our second child. I thought " Thank god we have our first to keep us occupied" it does not work that way but.

A month has nearly passed you will be due back to your doctor soon and of course in their usually sensitive way they will tell you to try again. Try not take it to heart. They mean well

My wife said she nearly went mental but thats not going to help you.

I will leave you with a thought my mom gave me. My mom advisedme she lost a hild just before me. What keeps her going is that she thinks what would would never be with me if she had not lost this child. How I relate this is, I look at my own child, think how lovely his eyes are, think how lovely his hair is etc.

How does this help you? If s/he was your first and you are successful in the future you will look back and wonder. If s/he has older brothers and sisters you know already it was just mis fortune.

Please dont take it to heart(Easy said) its not your fault look at the moms out there that seem to be dropping kids no problem.If you are not successful there is many options inc fostering and adoption. You would be amazed the amount of kids craving for a little love.

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

My condolances to you both, its a tough time and it will be a rollercoaster few months but don't let anything fester in your mind. Speak to each other and be truthful in your feelings.

It does get better, I've been there too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

jees Cathy how awful...that's so unfair...I hope it's not what they thought *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Hi Cathy
    [whispers]
    Further to this we got news yesterday (confirmation today) that we are 4 weeks preggers!!!!! Though I have not been getting over excited, as we've miscarried two times now, from experience we will not be counting any chickens (excuse the pun here) until they are well and truly hatched after a reasonable amount of gestation time.

Aww well done Mr and Mrs Spiderman...fingers and toes crossed that all goes well for you both xxx

Advertisement