Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar Recession ad

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

You know what made me sick was 3 years ago bertie was on Ryan Turidy that lickarse idiot from D4 land and all the audience mostly made up of middle class property types were there all swooning over him, there in neg equity now and i hope they enjoy it, everybody down the country knew what a fraud Bertie was.

Tubs gets paid how much at the expense of the Irish TV Licence fee payer? Neg equity aint gonna bother him. No wonder he was swooning over the man:

Over inflated housing market = higher wages to be able to afford the houses = spannerboxes at RTÉ deciding to up their presenters wages waaay beyond inflation = everyone loves Bertie.

I agree fraud and absolute bull***t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

there in neg equity now and i hope they enjoy it, everybody down the country knew what a fraud Bertie was.

It would be a moment to savour if we weren't bailing the pricks out by bailing the banks out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Euro or not I make my own sandwiches where I can exercise full butter control.

well you're going to have to make your own, cos harney ate all the sangidges, she also ate all the pies.

and gilbert grape.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Well laa-dee-daa, buying pre-made sandwiches. Euro or not I make my own sandwiches where I can exercise full butter control.

Am I the only person in this world that uses the phrase "can I have a small bit of butter" (followed by a small gap between thumb and index finger gesture)? Because I NEVER get a small bit of butter, they allways just lash it on irregardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

segaBOY wrote: »
    Am I the only person in this world that uses the phrase "can I have a small bit of butter" (followed by a small gap between thumb and index finger gesture)? Because I NEVER get a small bit of butter, they allways just lash it on irregardless.

Its just an automated response, theres no cognitive thought put into processing your request for a small bit of butter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lightning_saa

Bitaa colslaw nd ham!!
    Simple sandwiches made at home is the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

One of the most annoying adverts seen by my eyes in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

This thread is why I love boards and the AH.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Spar aren't the only ones with recession ads. Since their bail out Anglo Irish Bank have asked their ad agency to come up with a hard hitting campaign that would reflect recessionary times too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I'm surprised Bertie or Louise Walsh havent called in their lawyers to get this ad pulled :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PrinceMyshkin

Sizzler wrote: »
    I'm surprised Bertie or Louise Walsh havent called in their lawyers to get this ad pulled :rolleyes:
    The pr company that handles Bertie Ahern is called Model Communications. Guess what pr company handle Spar Ireland? You guessed it, Model Communications. Bertie's on board with Spar for these advertisements trying to make as much money as possible for himself as usual, even at the expense of his credibility and dignity. Oh, wait, I nearly forgot. He lost all his credibility and dignity when he told the tribunal he won the 40,000 sterling on a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

genericguy wrote: »
    well you're going to have to make your own, cos harney ate all the sangidges, she also ate all the pies.

and gilbert grape.

/thread

ROFL, I'm nearly after choking on a mouthful of tea laughing at that :D:D:D

Advertisement