Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar Recession ad

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Blush_01 wrote: »
    AFAIK, it's the guy (from Monaghan, I think) who does the skit show on the radio that isn't Gift Grub. Or something.

Knob Nation?
    Never was there a more appropriate title for a comedy sketch, the guy comes across as a bell-end when he tries to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

An File wrote: »
    Knob Nation?
    Never was there a more appropriate title for a comedy sketch, the guy comes across as a bell-end when he tries to be funny.

That'd be the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Went into a Spar near me @ 8.10am , they had the €1 sandwich offer alright... They had one single sandwich priced @ €1 (a poxy looking grated cheese sandwich) along side a load of full priced sandwiches.

What an offer... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

colly10 wrote: »
    Id take Bertie back in a heartbeat, crooked or not he was a smart lad, he was respected by other world leaders for the things he did and they seemed to like his character. Id rather see him represent us on the world stage than some of the other fools in government.
    All this bashing of fianna fail gets old, im no fan of them but I don't ever want to see that tosser Kenny running the country, their not an option till they get a new party leader
    Serious politics in AH/Sparrrrrrrr thread = fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Holysmokes

Jaysus lads a lot of bitterness here. The Bertie ad's on the telly now and it looks pretty cool. Louis Walsh is there too, won't be long before Nicky and the other Aherns show up. I've a four year old and he laughs his head off wehn the ad comes on. Spar should have Bertie and Louis dolls for xmas....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Holysmokes wrote: »
    Jaysus lads a lot of bitterness here. The Bertie ad's on the telly now and it looks pretty cool. Louis Walsh is there too, won't be long before Nicky and the other Aherns show up. I've a four year old and he laughs his head off wehn the ad comes on. Spar should have Bertie and Louis dolls for xmas....

Do you have something to do with those ads or with Nob Nation? Seems to be mostly what you post on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Eh.....WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

The only thing those dolls would be usefull for would be sticking pins in them ala voodoo and hopefuly those 2 cnuts would disapear forever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

So the man who caused the recession is being impersonated in order to use the recession as a selling point.
    What next,medical centres using Harold Shipman impersonators?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Degsy wrote: »
    So the man who caused the recession is being impersonated in order to use the recession as a selling point.

He caused the global economic meltdown?

/stirs it up and walks away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Degsy wrote: »

The Catholic Church Childminding Centres.

Joseph Fritzl Family Planning Centres.

Westlife How Not To Be A Twat Centres.

.....the list goes on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Make yeer own sandwiches you lazy feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 victorgiraffe

It's you again you twat. I recognise that post from Youtube (WHERE INCIDENTALLY, NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO POST A HONEST COMMENT ON THESE ADS) except last time you had 2 kids and now you've a 4 year old who "lao everytime the ad comes on the telly". You're a liar and a ****. You are involved in the creation of this atrocious advertisement and the feedback is so bad that your going on line pretending to be some mother or father whose kids look forward to this inherently unfunny piece of advertising. It's shockingly bad and you should be ashamed of yourself for making it. You represent everything that bad about this country.

I think it's pathetic that you are on line trying to engage in dialectic regarding your execrable output. You're not going to change anybody's mind. Your Bertie and Louis ads are contemptible. They prove the lack of creativity that exists within your company and this country. They are a reflection upon you and the hollow person that you are. The only reason that they ever made it to our screens in the first place is because the lame witted rabble that that thrive in this country have as little vision and originality as you, whoever you are. Perhaps you're Carol Lambert, Ger Roe, Ronan Nulty??? I don't know but you're a sad individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Now this is what you call "An angry Necro-thread"

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

oh sure bertie's just gaaas isn't he! the cute hoor, salt of the earth he is, sure we'll be grand blah blah more pat ourselves on the back nonsense about the endearing quality of our crafty politicians. The man was a lying boll0cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Spar do 1 euro sandwiches?

Never seen one. I remember the buy a can of coke and get a bar of chocolate that was occasionly offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

I do love spar though [:
    6 juice boxes for a euro, BINGO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anna Molly wrote: »
    I do love spar though [:
    6 juice boxes for a euro, BINGO!

I wouldn't mind a juicy box for 1 euro nevermind 6.

For anyone who can't guess this Holysmokes cnut works for the company that made the ads. They are called Publicis QMP nd they are the same company that poisoned our airwaves with the insipid Meteor ads. His/Her name is either Ronan Nulty, Carol Lambert or Ger Roe. If you try and go onto Youtube to comment on any of their ads they won't allow you to. Instead they post the same phoney positive comments as they do on Boards.ie from bogus aliases and say stuff like "they should make Bertie and Louis dolls" In short they are corporate c*cksuckers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hmm, one euro for a sambo... a few months ago it was 3.50 - 4 euro... just goes to show how much these ***** were making...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Spar=robbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

For anyone who can't guess this Holysmokes cnut works for the company that made the ads. They are called Publicis QMP nd they are the same company that poisoned our airwaves with the insipid Meteor ads. His/Her name is either Ronan Nulty, Carol Lambert or Ger Roe. If you try and go onto Youtube to comment on any of their ads they won't allow you to. Instead they post the same phoney positive comments as they do on Boards.ie from bogus aliases and say stuff like "they should make Bertie and Louis dolls" In short they are corporate c*cksuckers.

It is clear that Holysmokes is involved in some way. The most pathetic thing of all is that these people have the cheek to do things like this, it shows how ****ing stupid they are that they think nobody would notice. I do think you are right, this kind of behaviour sums up some of what's wrong with this country. Corporate c*cksuckers indeed.

Looking at Publicis QMP website, they are responsible for some of the most awful advertising of the past few years. Charlie Brooker was right, the people in advertising are usually the biggest **** imaginable. HIGH FIVE. BOOYAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Aren't some of the advertising folks living on the street at the moment, because not even their bullsh1t campaigns can raise enough revenue to pay their salaries?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

It's you again you twat. I recognise that post from Youtube (WHERE INCIDENTALLY, NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO POST A HONEST COMMENT ON THESE ADS) except last time you had 2 kids and now you've a 4 year old who "lao everytime the ad comes on the telly". You're a liar and a ****. You are involved in the creation of this atrocious advertisement and the feedback is so bad that your going on line pretending to be some mother or father whose kids look forward to this inherently unfunny piece of advertising. It's shockingly bad and you should be ashamed of yourself for making it. You represent everything that bad about this country.

Banned for insulting another poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PrinceMyshkin

It was Model Communications who had the Spar contract according to the Spar public relations office and so I can only guess it's somebody from that company who has been going on line purporting to be a fan of those atrocious advertisements. It wouldn't surprise me if it was your man Oliver Callan from the singularly unfunny Nob Nation himself, as he wrote them and he does the voices (badly). I mean look at this Holysmokes fella's comment..."Spar should have Loius and Bertie dolls for Xmas". Jesus wept. Does that sound like an enthusiastic fan of a tv ad or the words of a conniving executive who's trying to fish for marketing feedback on a public forum? Unless Holysmokes is actually an easily amused retarded manchild I'd wager it's somebody involved in the woeful ad campaign. They live amongst us, these soulless hollow men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

It's a ****ing thick ad. I cannot stand either of those two talentless, selfish bastards. The worst bit is Bertie going "sure I'll be President someday".

Yeah right, you will in my ****ing hole you crook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Is it not meant to be taking the p*ss out of bertie? In another ad he was working in Spar I think? Far flung from his days in the Dáil was the humour attached to it I guess, fairly bad ads but least corner shops are doing good offers none the less.

And €1 sandwiches = 2 slices of bread and 1 slice of ham-no butter or any of that other fancy stuff!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

oh sure bertie's just gaaas isn't he! the cute hoor, salt of the earth he is, sure we'll be grand blah blah more pat ourselves on the back nonsense about the endearing quality of our crafty politicians. The man was a lying boll0cks.

You know what made me sick was 3 years ago bertie was on Ryan Turidy that lickarse idiot from D4 land and all the audience mostly made up of middle class property types were there all swooning over him, there in neg equity now and i hope they enjoy it, everybody down the country knew what a fraud Bertie was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Well laa-dee-daa, buying pre-made sandwiches. Euro or not I make my own sandwiches where I can exercise full butter control.

Advertisement