Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Hijacked!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

Just to remind people Tallaght has a larger population than Limerick! Any thoughts of cutting off transport to more than 100,000 people would cause chaos and would not make financial sense on the part of Dublin bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

Biggins wrote: »
    We can understand his anger at these scuzzbuckets treating another person(s) badly while getting us home safely, or trying to.

Its Hannibal from the A-Team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

S.I.R wrote: »
    haha no surprizes their, i took the 77 before...

3 junkies pestering me...

sick all over the place

peoples smoking on it regardless of the laws.

Brilliant time. :mad:

:eek:

as another non-dubliner this reinforces for me why i dislike dublin and will do everything in my power to not ever have to work and or live there....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Mahou wrote: »
    Its Hannibal from the A-Team.

LOL I'm showing my age. :pac:

I still remember the black and white runs of Andy Pandy.
    Whats a fogie to do! LOL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

As I posted last night in the citizen's thread, it was an inbound 50 taken at Cork St. So the Tallaght nonsense is irrelevant except for being in AH obviously :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

dfx- wrote: »
    As I posted last night in the citizen's thread, it was an inbound 50 taken at Cork St. So the Tallaght nonsense is irrelevant except for being in AH obviously :)
    The 50 goes through Tallaght.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cork St doesn't..

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

A friend of mine was getting the bus to heuston station and he says you can barely see the driver because hes cab is completly covered with protective glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A friend of mine was getting the bus to heuston station and he says you can barely see the driver because hes cab is completly covered with protective glass.

Glass is mostly see-through these days I think you'll find so the driver is fairly visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Glass is mostly see-through these days I think you'll find so the driver is fairly visible.

In Cork we have the number 2 to knocknaheeny and Mahon and for a time it had to be followed by an unmarked garda patrol car.Is the number 77 its dublin equivelent?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

ah yea.. reminds me of de time me and anto were ouwof our heads 1 night at 3 in de morning wih no bleedin way 2 geh home. so dere we were passin de bus garage and anto sez to me - "story wih de busses, we could score one and bomb home in ih"
    So in anyway, in I go and bust me way into the first one I find while anto was keepin sketch at de gate.. 2 shakes of a dead lambs tail later I drive up to him and tell 'im to get in..

"Ya feckin eejih" he shouts..

"Wah?" I reply.

"Ya stole a bleedin 16, that doesn't go anywhere near my gaff!!"

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

But Judge, the reason my client took control of this bus was that he has a drug addiction and did not know what he was doing at the time, The failure lies with society for not allowing him to become a bus driver. It is against his human rights not to be allowed drive a bus. I believe we owe my client an apology and a substantial compensation payout. And a new bus for him too the poor little rascal.:pac:

"...but your honour, my client just wanted to get home to see a biased RTE discussion on the Lisbon Treaty. The government insists strongly you let him off!"

"Aaa well, seeing as I'm a Bertie/Cowan fan and have my brown envelope this month... off ye go"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe they were filming a new Speed movie and the actor got on the wrong bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dfx- wrote: »
    The 50 goes through Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

DanGlee wrote: »
    I know thats a bit of a bold and sweeping statement and I don't think everybody should be punished, but if you remember back at school when the class d*ck did something and because he wouldn't own up, the whole class got punished, well the same should apply here and then the scum would be run out of the town (hopefully) by the good tax paying citizens who are sick of this s*it!

i must rather they keep all the scum in one spot tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i must rather they keep all the scum in one spot tbh.

...& then carpet bomb it

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0111/bus.html

That's a whole new level scumbagyness right there!!

Although I'm sure there are many who would like to take a swing at a bus driver!!

not really put hand out bus stops get on sit down ..............
    Bus driver comes in were ,when your chattin him up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

if the drivers being treated for broken bones in his hand then he probably threw a few digs into anto...fair play mister forddin driver, the only ones who stand up to the scangers

Sure he didn't get the door slammed on him or something...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The 2 lads who helped the driver are on 2FM right now. They sounds like Boardsies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ponster wrote: »
    The 2 lads who helped the driver are on 2FM right now. They sounds like Boardsies
    Why, are they using the likes of ''afaik'' and ''lol'' rather than ''real'' words?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

thecheese wrote: »
    Just to remind people Tallaght has a larger population than Limerick! Any thoughts of cutting off transport to more than 100,000 people would cause chaos and would not make financial sense on the part of Dublin bus!

Dublin Bus have in the past cut off services to west tallaght. They stop the routes at the square, so anyone who lives beyond there has to walk. While this doesn't effect all 100,000 people, it still effects a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Yeah heard one of the guys on Gerry Ryan. Fair play to the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Does one of them sound like they underline every second word?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

gazzer wrote: »
    Yeah heard one of the guys on Gerry Ryan. Fair play to the lads.

You listen to Gerry Ryan?

And you admit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

They told me that the porter in there hotel told them to get a great idea of what Dublin is like was to pick a bus a get on it to the last stop. These poor feckers got the 77 to Fettercairn (never made it to Jobstown)

Haha brilliant,
    The Luas is a god sent here in Tallaght, havn't used a bus in years and never will either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Degsy wrote: »
    You listen to Gerry Ryan?

And you admit it?

For Shame :) Ah I only ever listen to the first 15 minutes where he reviews the papers. He mentioned that they would have an eyewitness from the bus incident on so I stayed listening..... honest ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

dSTAR wrote: »
    How do you decide who is scum? By the way they dress or speak??

They're not scumbags, they are athlethes!!!

• Advertisement

A 32-year-old man has appeared in court in connection with an assault on a Dublin bus driver at the weekend.
    Mark Dwyer of Dolphin House in Dublin city faces two charges, one of assault and another of the unauthorised taking of a vehicle.
    Garda Kevin Molyneux gave evidence of arrest, charge and caution at Dublin District Court this morning.
    Mark Dwyer will appear again before the court this afternoon for a bail hearing.

There were about 15 passengers on board the 56A, which runs from Tallaght to Ringsend, when the bus was hijacked in the Liberties area between 9.30pm and 10pm on Saturday.

Source: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0112/bus.html

Advertisement