Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to kick out the Israeli Ambassador?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

grenache wrote: »
    Its nothing got to do with being neutral or not. Its about solidarity with those people in Gaza who are going through untold suffering right now.

Eh yes it does. Are we just neutral when we feel like it. I feel sorry for the innocent people on both sides who were killed but that's as far as it goes. It does not mean we take sides with Palestine by ejecting Israel's ambassador.
    By any chance did you protest the American planes refuelling in Shannon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Another point that I will throw in before going to bed is that Israeli politicians would do well to remember how their own State came about and the activities of the notorious terrorist organisation the 'Stern Gang' - see link below;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group)

this coupled with their own experiences of Nazi persecution would you would think have made them more Worldly wise.

Night all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'm invoking Godwin's Law.
    Why should they leave government? They were elected democratically, Jimmy Carter says the elections were perfectly fair. Do you follow the news or just tune it out when it comes on?

Get some facts right before putting your opinion out there.

Israel broke the ceasefire, not Hamas. This is a fact.

Oh no, not Jimmy Carter!!!1!

He says they were, I say they weren't.

Yes I follow the news.

And Hamas broke the ceasefire. FACT. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

You have a warped view of the world, caused by only listening to one side of the argument. I listen to both and make up my own mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Seanies32 wrote: »
    i HAD READ IT. Too one sided on both sides for me!

Similar to the Republican Unionist, Pro and Anti Lisbon threads over there.

Do you think reports from Poland in 1939 should have given equal time to the Wehrmacht and the Polish army? Try to balance it out...or should they have reported on a criminal invasion?

There are hundreds of such examples, there is no necessity to give equal time to 2 sides in all conflicts. That would give an inaccurate impression of the situation would it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

He just prattles on here, he avoided the intelligent debate in politics because he'd be corrected and chooses to spread lies here instead.
    Or stuff that you and your pro Hamas friends dont agree with. References to wait for it. Jimmy Carter. Americas' own Garrett Fitzgerald. Arguably the worst President since WW2 and a man who could have contained the spread of Islammic fascism with a firm hand on Iran when it was needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Do you think reports from Poland in 1939 should have given equal time to the Wehrmacht and the Polish army? Try to balance it out...or should they have reported on a criminal invasion?

Godwins AGAIN. In fairness the thread does lend itself to it.
    There are hundreds of such examples, there is no necessity to give equal time to 2 sides in all conflicts. That would give an inaccurate impression of the situation would it not?

Indeed, N. Ireland around 1700 would be a better example.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

obl wrote: »

You have a warped view of the world, caused by only listening to one side of the argument. I listen to both and make up my own mind.
    yep,that pretty well sums him up:)

Think he's gone to the drunken posting thread:)

Oh no, not Jimmy Carter!!!1!

He's a former American President, credible when reporting on elections.
    He says they were, I say they weren't.

Some random fool in the internet says he knows better than Jimmy Carter. Not only Jimm Carter, but this:

Edward McMillan-Scott, the British Conservative head of the European Parliament's monitoring team described the polls as "extremely professional, in line with international standards, free, transparent and without violence".

Read up on some facts before posting your opinion, it only makes you look foolish.

And Hamas broke the ceasefire. FACT. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

From The Guardian:

A four-month ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza was in jeopardy today after Israeli troops killed six Hamas gunmen in a raid into the territory.

From CNN:

CNN Confirms Israel Broke Ceasefire First

Game. Set. Match.

Lol, that Israel is always right no matter what? Don't make me laugh.

I CALLED GODWIN. That means stop.

And here's a quote from a movie that can be applied to this situation.

"See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to **** all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, Chuck. And all the assholes want us to **** all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes, Chuck. And if they didn't **** the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in ****! "

Where:
    You = Pussy
    Israel = Dick
    Hamas/Palestine = Asshole

Good night all!

• Advertisement

Or stuff that you and your pro Hamas friends dont agree with. References to wait for it. Jimmy Carter. Americas' own Garrett Fitzgerald. Arguably the worst President since WW2 and a man who could have contained the spread of Islammic fascism with a firm hand on Iran when it was needed.

In your warped, right-wing view. At least you accept he was wrong to begin contact with Islamic forces in Afghanistan. That's something.

I CALLED GODWIN. That means stop.

And here's a quote from a movie that can be applied to this situation.

"See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to **** all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, Chuck. And all the assholes want us to **** all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes, Chuck. And if they didn't **** the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in ****! "

Where:
    You = Pussy
    Israel = Dick
    Hamas/Palestine = Asshole

Good night all!

Big, clever and informative.

I subscribe to the alternative viewpoint on Godwin's Law, just because some spa posted something up on the internet and claimed it to be a law doesn't mean we all have to follow it.

Big, clever and informative.

I subscribe to the alternative viewpoint on Godwin's Law, just because some spa posted something up on the internet and claimed it to be a law doesn't mean we all have to follow it.
    You're not bitter though. Goodnight.

You're not bitter though. Goodnight.

I have facts on my side, there's no need to be. Go and sleep it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Of course the Israeli Ambassador should be called in and told to back his bags without further delay but do you think any of our gutless politicians will do it? It would the first decent thing Biffo has done since taking over from Bertie. What does anybody else think? :mad:

i think we should go one step further, let's throw him down the well.

I have facts on my side, there's no need to be. Go and sleep it off!

Do enlighten us with them?

Or is it a conspiracy?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

He's a former American President, credible when reporting on elections.

Some random fool in the internet says he knows better than Jimmy Carter. Not only Jimm Carter, but this:

Edward McMillan-Scott, the British Conservative head of the European Parliament's monitoring team described the polls as "extremely professional, in line with international standards, free, transparent and without violence".

Read up on some facts before posting your opinion, it only makes you look foolish.

From The Guardian:

A four-month ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza was in jeopardy today after Israeli troops killed six Hamas gunmen in a raid into the territory.

From CNN:

CNN Confirms Israel Broke Ceasefire First

Game. Set. Match.

Lol, that Israel is always right no matter what? Don't make me laugh.

1. I was closer to the middle-east at the time.
    2. I was (and am) making fun of you as he was the only source you quoted.
    3. CNN calls the Guardian "questionable, but still..." :rolleyes:
    4. Israel, in self defence, pre-emptively took out Palestinian terrorist cell poised to attack them. The fact that there was an assault group preparing to attack Israel must be taken as a sign that the cease fire was gone already.
    5. @Mods, he called me a fool. Personal attack = ban, no?
    6. I don't like tennis.
    7. How exactly is it funny that I listen to both sides and make an informed decision, whereas you listen to what you want to hear and regurgitate that bias and that's completely logical? Don't make ME laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Is Ireland a goat nation?

Or is it a conspiracy?

I'm guessing: Political elites and corporate America.

I'll see in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I'm invoking Godwin's Law.

You don't actually know what Godwins law is, do you.

• Advertisement

Do enlighten us with them?

Or is it a conspiracy?

I've already provided them..go and look at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Is Ireland a goat nation?

In your warped, right-wing view. At least you accept he was wrong to begin contact with Islamic forces in Afghanistan. That's something.

Ah well Obama will sort that one out.

You agree with Obama on Afghanistan?

I've already provided them..go and look at them.

Wont be that hard to post them again.

Go on, one for the plebs!

1. I was closer to the middle-east at the time.

I needed a good laugh, this makes you an expert?
    2. I was (and am) making fun of you as he was the only source you quoted.

What?
    3. CNN calls the Guardian "questionable, but still..." :rolleyes:

Facts are facts. Deny them, but they're there for everyone to see.
    4. Israel, in self defence, pre-emptively took out Palestinian terrorist cell poised to attack them.

This is unproven, given Israel's long history of blatantly lying about such things it's almost certainly a lie, the lack of evidence and the fact that Israel, long after the fact, assassinated 6 Palestinians means you're wrong.
    The fact that there was an assault group preparing to attack Israel must be taken as a sign that the cease fire was gone already.

You need to develop the ability to distinguish between what the IDF tell you and what is actually fact. There is a difference.
    5. @Mods, he called me a fool. Personal attack = ban, no?

Boo hoo. Wipe those tears away.
    7. How exactly is it funny that I listen to both sides and make an informed decision, whereas you listen to what you want to hear and regurgitate that bias and that's completely logical? Don't make ME laugh.

I've also made an informed decision and I've given facts, you've given waffle and lies. Seeing as I know more than you about it it's likely I'm right.

Wont be that hard to post them again.

Go on, one for the plebs!

Click on my name, click on All posts by, look at what I've posted, in just this thread. You'll find them. I'm not going out of my way for the lazy minded.

Ah well Obama will sort that one out.

You agree with Obama on Afghanistan?

What? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I needed a good laugh, this makes you an expert?

What?

Facts are facts. Deny them, but they're there for everyone to see.

This is unproven, given Israel's long history of blatantly lying about such things it's almost certainly a lie, the lack of evidence and the fact that Israel, long after the fact, assassinated 6 Palestinians means you're wrong.

You need to develop the ability to distinguish between what the IDF tell you and what is actually fact. There is a difference.

Boo hoo. Wipe those tears away.

I've also made an informed decision and I've given facts, you've given waffle and lies. Seeing as I know more than you about it it's likely I'm right.

Thing is, I'm not denying these as facts.

Be careful of thinking you are more informed and know more facts! Can bite you in the arse. Seen it in the last day or 2 on the Public Service.

Thing is, I'm not denying these as facts.

Be careful of thinking you are more informed and know more facts! Can bite you in the arse. Seen it in the last day or 2 on the Public Service.

Er. Ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Why do those threads are always about some people trying to show off their pseudo knowledge of something that goes beyond their full understanding anyway and where they love to quote wikipedia articles, CNN links and the likes.

Ok we got you guys, you know to use Google!!!

Now if you have a solution about this conflict and all others where normally thinking people are fighting back extremism all over the world that would be cool.

US have killed thousands of civilians in Irak and Afghanistan, where are the Irish protesters?

An Irish familly provided silver to the UK army that used it to make bullets and kill Irish people in return during years, and so what, have you requested to seize the assets of this rich Irish familly and kick them out of this country ?

And what about the familly members of the Irish Nazis who worked for the Germans during WWII?

I find all this wave of Irish partisans pretty laughable, ridiculous and inappropriate.

Oh yeah and stop insulting people or calling them with some stupid names when they simply disagree with you, this is just so ...?

Advertisement