Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random new drug -Salvia, and, it's legal!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ok I'll be the first to admit that I haven't bothered reading the thread but I swallow lots of saliva every day and never get high off it at all.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ok I'll be the first to admit that I haven't bothered reading the thread but I swallow lots of saliva every day and never get high off it at all.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

because its

Salvia not saliva :rolleyes:

im dyslesic and I know that :eek::confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tried salvia a few years ago, had a lot of fun. It's good holding your breath for ages and you feel normal. Then you breathe out and you can NOT stop laughing. Was actually rofl. Might be good for some poeple who don't laugh often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

because its

Salvia not saliva :rolleyes:

OMG r u serious? I, like, so totally didn't get that.

Boy is my face, like, LOL, totally red. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Terry wrote: »
    Just to add to this.
    Wikipedia and pro-drug sites do not count as research.
    True. Many websites out there are biased. Wikipedia is a good introduction, but should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's a good idea to look for sites which give both positive and negative reports and information on various drugs.
    Terry wrote: »
    Not dosage wise.
    One pint does not equate to one joint.
    One cigarette does not equate to a line of coke.
    That's an interesting point, but there are so many variations on methods of taking drugs that increase or decrease the duration required for consumption, that it's more an issue with how the drug is taken rather than the drug itself. i.e. a pint mightn't have as strong effects on someone as an average joint, and probably take a bit longer to consume, but 2 shots could be taken in less than 10 seconds and could have a stronger effect than a weaker than average joint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Erowid is generally a good place to start when it comes to researching drugs.
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

As for the comparison of different drugs, I came across a great article in the British medical journal The Lancet (link.).

tl;dr version

Tried salvia a few years ago, had a lot of fun. It's good holding your breath for ages and you feel normal. Then you breathe out and you can NOT stop laughing. Was actually rofl. Might be good for some poeple who don't laugh often.

Hate to piss in your Cheerios Bud, but that wasnt Salvia you were smoking with that reaction. LOL

That describes salvia rather accurrately, actually....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Any gob****e called Matthew Reilly deserves to OD.
    Banned.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    That's an interesting point, but there are so many variations on methods of taking drugs that increase or decrease the duration required for consumption, that it's more an issue with how the drug is taken rather than the drug itself. i.e. a pint mightn't have as strong effects on someone as an average joint, and probably take a bit longer to consume, but 2 shots could be taken in less than 10 seconds and could have a stronger effect than a weaker than average joint.
    Depends on tolerance.
    I could do two shots and they wouldn't really have an effect on me.
    Someone with a tolerance could smoke a couple of joints and be the same.
    I'm sitting here after 6 cans and am still quite lucid. I'd compare it to the two can buzz I used to get when I was 16 (I miss that).

I used to have a tolerance to hash.
    When I was 16/17 I smoked every day and, as with alcohol, I eventually needed more to get high.

About 3 years ago I was in a friend's house and he asked me to roll a joint.
    I put loads in. So much that the two friends there were giving me funny looks as they knew I hadn't touched it in years.
    I had a few drags and was completely wasted, whereas the same amount would only have had a mild affect on me 15 years earlier.

Alcohol also wears off a lot faster than hash in the doses mentioned.
    Two shots might give someone a buzz, but it won't last long. Two joints would last a bit longer on the same person should they have a low tolerance for both.

rgt320q wrote: »
    Erowid is generally a good place to start when it comes to researching drugs.
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

As for the comparison of different drugs, I came across a great article in the British medical journal The Lancet (link.).

tl;dr version
    Erowid is not impartial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

That describes salvia rather accurrately, actually....

I concur ;)

Salvia is very hit or miss,the first time I done it a few years back we were on Acid,did 4 hits at different times,first hit I p**sed myself laughing non stop until it wore off,the next 3 experiences are just way too hard to explain.Absolutely fantastic trip.

The next time I did got nothing from it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I've heard experiences that it feels like your skin is being pulled off you by thousands of strings

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

When I done it I was expecting a Magic Mushroom type of buzz, but it just freaked me out and I threw a whitey. To me, it didn't feel like a 'clean' experience like psilocybins or even Ergine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Salvia did absolutely nothing for me. Actually, only person I've known to get anything off salvia is my boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

It's nasty stuff. Fairly hit and miss. Only tried it 3 times. First time was grand, had a great happy buzz. Was laughing for ages.

Second anf third times were horrible. Felt like my whole body had a bad case of pins and needles, and everything I saw had a wierd diamond honeycomb look. Altogther very nasty. havn't touched the stuff since

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

First off ...the reason why I'm against drugs is because drugs such as coke/heroin/dope etc are all illegal regardless of our views on it.
    As such your only source to procure some is to buy it off the local scumbag dealer or grow your own dope.
    I've seen tonnes of people taking coke in my hometown and yet during a recent spate of robberies/the attack on Roy Carroll in Limerick they all condemned the scumbags who were doing this...little realising that they were actually funding these scumbags lifestyle..so yes in my opinion any idiot that buys these illegal drugs and uses them is an idiot.

I've no time for Michael McDowell but he got it right when he said drug users in Ireland need to cop onto that fact.

Dude, salvia is a legal drug.

Also people who use illegal drugs are funding scumbags because the drugs are illegal, not because they're buying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

My mate took some out after a night out and you should have seen the reactions to it from everyone. I tried it a couple of times and didnt enjoy it. I'd stay clear :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I watched 2 of my friends try to smoke salvia, they didn't even know how to light it properly. They had both used it before then but still couldn't get it to work.

A part of me wants to see what the fuss is all about, but my head's already a bit crazy so I wouldn't fancy taking on the risk of a bad trip (especially as I've never tried anything else before).

Salvia's too intensely confusing and too short for a truely bad trip to be possible IME. Most traditional psychedelics, which is what the word "trip" usually refers to, last about 8 hours, and revelations and insights had while on them are very real, whereas salvia lasts 5-10 minutes and is an incoherent blur of insanity. And truely bad trips are rare with any psychedelic really.

It's very interesting if you haven't taken anything like it before, gives you an insight into how your mind works, and how easily it could deceive you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Dude, salvia is a legal drug.

Also people who use illegal drugs are funding scumbags because the drugs are illegal, not because they're buying them.

Oh? I am using illegal drugs, not funding any scumbags though...

• Advertisement

Pedantic.

Random words displaying fustration...

Oh? I am using illegal drugs, not funding any scumbags though...

Unless you're growing your own that's impossible :)
    But I don't expect you to admit that on boards ;)

Unless you're growing your own that's impossible :)
    But I don't expect you to admit that on boards ;)

But it's not impossible... Think outside the box. Too many people are making too many assumptions.

Also, a bad trip is defined as what exactly? I am possitive it is more common than rare..

Well, it's ill defined really. Some might consider a "bad trip" to be a slightly uncomfortable experience. I would count a bad trip as being a trip that brought devastating repressed memories to the surface and/or had a lasting negative effect on one's mental health in the long term following the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

First off ...the reason why I'm against drugs is because drugs such as coke/heroin/dope etc are all illegal regardless of our views on it.
    As such your only source to procure some is to buy it off the local scumbag dealer or grow your own dope.
    I've seen tonnes of people taking coke in my hometown and yet during a recent spate of robberies/the attack on Roy Carroll in Limerick they all condemned the scumbags who were doing this...little realising that they were actually funding these scumbags lifestyle..so yes in my opinion any idiot that buys these illegal drugs and uses them is an idiot.

I've no time for Michael McDowell but he got it right when he said drug users in Ireland need to cop onto that fact.

i buy illegal MJ from a guy that grows it himself. we're neither scumbags nor idiots.

come back when you dont have a flawed argument based on anecdotal evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The state is also funding these scumbags we must all be idiots. You can't blame the end user for the way the systems set up. People try to blame consumers for child labour, and taking advantage of 3rd world countrys but that never sticks either. The fact of the matter is people will use drugs, there's nothing wrong with them using drugs the only real social harm it does is putting money in the pockets of the wrong people, simple solution to that one.

Well, it's ill defined really. Some might consider a "bad trip" to be a slightly uncomfortable experience. I would count a bad trip as being a trip that brought devastating repressed memories to the surface and/or had a lasting negative effect on one's mental health in the long term following the trip.

That's not a bad trip. A bad trip is simply an unpleasent experience using the drugs... It could be as simple as an uncomfortable feeling, or a paranoid feeling. It doesn't have to effect your health. You could have a great trip and still have it effect your mental health in the long term...

i buy illegal MJ from a guy that grows it himself. we're neither scumbags nor idiots.

come back when you dont have a flawed argument based on anecdotal evidence.

ah what's MJ? ah right..gotcha :)

And I did say coke/heroin users etc..hard drugs I meant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement