Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random new drug -Salvia, and, it's legal!

Options
  • 10-01-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭

http://www.random-good-stuff.com/2008/01/24/smoking-salvia-divinorum/

I was wandering through FHM's drug use video's and there's a guy smoking Salvia, I'll admit I had never heard of it but sounds like the bees knees. Natural occuring compound and per mass is the most concentrated hallucinagenic around, oh and did I mention it's readily available and legal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Screw that. PM me for crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

New?

Welcome to at least 3 or 4 years ago.

And being here since March 2007, I'm surprised you haven't seen a thread on it yet. One pops up in AH about salvia or at least legal highs in general usually every month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It's also meant to be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

LOL how old are you, 12?

Salvia is very rarely nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

hmm interesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

Its hellish. Awful stuff! Really messes with your brain like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

eth0_ wrote: »
    LOL how old are you, 12?

Reading FHM, it goes without saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

Salvia Divinorum can be a very intense halluconegenic when smoked in a bowl or water pipe with a high temperature flame (butane blowtorch type lighter needed).

You need to to smoke it all with just one burn and keep the smoke in your lungs for as long as possible.

The effects can last anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes,Hallucinations,loss of control and also physical hallucinations (being held down,pushed) can result.

Many people do it once and never again having experienced a bad trip,some people enjoy it and do it regularly.

The safest way to take Salvia Divinorum is to be in a happy/stable state of mind and have a good friend with you to watch you should anything go wrong.

Salvia Divinorum leaves in their unprocessed form can be chewed,if the juice is swallowed it will have no effect as stomach acid negates it.Keeping the juice in your mouth while you chew will lead a milder trip lasting a few hours.

The head shop in Rathmines only sells it to over 21s while most head shops supply it to anyone over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Salvia is not pleasant :eek:

to put it mildly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Is it DMT? Joe Rogan is always banging on about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Salvia can be good if you do it properly (you need really intense heat) but generally its horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

there was a giant octopus under my carpet which had changed into a cream coloured sea.I was afraid to get up off the couch for fear I would fall in!! Funny ****!!:D

dlofnep wrote: »
    Is it DMT? Joe Rogan is always banging on about it.

No thats found in the plant Ayahuasca mainly and is closer to Psilocybin (Magic Mushrooms) than Salvia Divinorum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ah ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't know why countries are bothering with the administration expense of making salvia illegal. Salvia is the opposite of a habit forming drug. It is not a party drug so really poses no threat to the alcohol industry, which is a big reason most alternative recreational drugs are nipped in the bud early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If its legal its not worth doing.

Degsy wrote: »

Not true.If all illicit drugs were legalised would that mean they werent worth doing?Just because they were legal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Not true.If all illicit drugs were legalised would that mean they werent worth doing?Just because they were legal?

If.....

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Where can you get it in Dublin?

If.....

You may have tried some legal highs and found them not to your liking mate,theres plenty more out there and btw when they ban presently legal highs does that make them more worthwhile (after they have been banned)?
    kerno wrote: »

Head Shops,I dont think I can name any I recommend on Boards though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

theres a headstore on capel street called nirvana just off the quays in city centre theyre sound and will give you some helpful advice:)

kerno wrote: »
    sadista wrote: »
    theres a headstore on capel street called nirvana just off the quays in city centre theyre sound and will give you some helpful advice:)

Its allowed?

Ok lol thats easier,try Amsterdam in Rathmines bside Dominos Pizza Kerno,they open til 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

sadista wrote: »
    They might be sound, but I'd take anything anyone working in one of those shops with a pinch of salt. They're not qualified, and I've encountered some who were utterly clueless. Research anything you want to try online first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Majority of people report an unpleasant experience. Still fancy it if I'm honest. But I'm not paying head shop prices and I can wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Don't go near it OP, its crap!

Better off huffing the fumes from your local industrial estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

In my more retarded younger days I used to smoke this coming down from shrooms (Yes I was that weird).

But salvia is a seriouso drug pretending not to be. Smoke 40x properly (and trust me 90% of people are too lazy to look up how to smoke it) and you'll be whizzing off to la-la-landz.

As to it being new...people were smoking this in the 50s in the US, and in Ireland for a decade or so. In Europe salvia was smoked to intensify trips since at least the 60s. Ireland is just always a little behind which can be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Its ****e and its around for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Lynx is the only way to get high.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

:eek::eek::eek: Seems to be lethal stuff, how is that legal :eek::eek: :pac:

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A lot of people also use the logic if it is illegal it is worth doing. So making a drug illegal can have it gain attention and interest people to use it even more. The 2 most widely abused drugs are both legal, so I guess the millions abusing them think they are worth doing.

People have strange logic when it comes to drugs. Like "well if it is so good it would be illegal", like the governments aim is to stop them having a good time. Look what happened with GHB, they saw it as a threat to the alcohol industry so made up myths about it being a date rape drug as a reason to make it illegal. While alcohol is the biggest date rape drug out there!
    Its allowed?
    Yes, shops can sell legal goods. In woodies you can get LSA which is similar compound to LSD.
    Don't go near it OP, its crap!
    Crap as in not nice, or that it doesn't work? If you didn't get it to work you were either sold something else, or did not smoke it correctly. Many do not "breakthrough" on their first day, if you think you might have broken through, you did not.... You will know all about it when you do and be in no doubt at all!

If you want to drool like an animal and be sucked into a spiralling vortex and communicate with mother nature type entities then go ahead, it can be very scary stuff.

Advertisement