Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random new drug -Salvia, and, it's legal!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Inasmuch as I hate propagating these videos, I thought this was hilarious:
    http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1819137

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    They might be sound, but I'd take anything anyone working in one of those shops with a pinch of salt. They're not qualified, and I've encountered some who were utterly clueless. Research anything you want to try online first.

I agree,Ive been shocked at some of the advice given out in some head shops.
    Kold wrote: »
    Majority of people report an unpleasant experience. Still fancy it if I'm honest. But I'm not paying head shop prices and I can wait.

What?You think €15 is too much? Let me know if you find it cheaper online.
    rubadub wrote: »
    A lot of people also use the logic if it is illegal it is worth doing. So making a drug illegal can have it gain attention and interest people to use it even more. The 2 most widely abused drugs are both legal, so I guess the millions abusing them think they are worth doing.

People have strange logic when it comes to drugs. Like "well if it is so good it would be illegal", like the governments aim is to stop them having a good time. Look what happened with GHB, they saw it as a threat to the alcohol industry so made up myths about it being a date rape drug as a reason to make it illegal. While alcohol is the biggest date rape drug out there!

Yes, shops can sell legal goods. In woodies you can get LSA which is similar compound to LSD.

Crap as in not nice, or that it doesn't work? If you didn't get it to work you were either sold something else, or did not smoke it correctly. Many do not "breakthrough" on their first day, if you think you might have broken through, you did not.... You will know all about it when you do and be in no doubt at all!

If you want to drool like an animal and be sucked into a spiralling vortex and communicate with mother nature type entities then go ahead, it can be very scary stuff.

This man wins the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

scop wrote: »
    As to it being new...people were smoking this in the 50s in the US, and in Ireland for a decade or so. In Europe salvia was smoked to intensify trips since at least the 60s. Ireland is just always a little behind which can be a good thing.
    Where did you hear this?

It was in use in south america, and was only "discovered" in 1962 by R. Gordon Wasson & Albert Hofmann (of LSD fame). At the time they did not realise its power, the natives only chewed it which gives a much lower effect. Also even if normally smoked, like in a cigarette it has very little effect too. The plant is difficult to get to give seeds. For this reason it was spread thought clones/cuttings. So in effect a lot of the stuff on sale now is the exact same genetic plant that Wasson & Hoffmann originally got.

They did not rate it highly, the 2 guys also have a book detailing hallucinogenic plants (the majority of which are legal). They only really bothered with ones they were certain had psychoactive substances, which were many. But in the back of the book they had 100's of other plants which were "likely" to contain psychoactive substances, but were as yet untested.

Natives will sometimes hide sacred plants from westerners, there is no doubt many plants & fungi which are yet "undiscovered". They might well have smoked it but Wasson & Hofmann were not aware of this, and only knew about the chewing technique.

Smoking salvia only became "discovered" in 1993 by Daniel Siebert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Crap as in not nice, or that it doesn't work? If you didn't get it to work you were either sold something else, or did not smoke it correctly. Many do not "breakthrough" on their first day, if you think you might have broken through, you did not.... You will know all about it when you do and be in no doubt at all!

It worked for me alright but its nothing you can't get from spray painting your front room! I threw out the only bit I ever bought along with the crappy little pipe they advised me to get.

Waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It worked for me alright but its nothing you can't get from spray painting your front room!
    That doesn't sound like you broke through so, that's a whole different story. It is understandable that you might not have broken through if you smoked it using a "crappy pipe". I would never have been able to smoke it without a good water pipe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

not a nice trip at all at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

That doesn't sound like you broke through so, that's a whole different story. It is understandable that you might not have smoked it if you did use a "crappy pipe". I would never have been able to smoke it without a good water pipe.

Different strokes, I suppose!

I hear taking it in suppository form is good for a laugh!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've made a new drug - Saliva.

I gob continously for 20 minutes in a glass.... you can either inhale it, drink it or inject it.

€65 a glass. PM me for details!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Different strokes, I suppose!

I hear taking it in suppository form is good for a laugh!:)

I hear telling people to stick things up their pooper is good for a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Don't understand how anyone would not have heard of Salvia before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

It's not random, it's not new, and if the government continue with their current plans then it'll probably be banned by February along with a shítload of other legal highs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

yoyo wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek: Seems to be lethal stuff, how is that legal :eek::eek: :pac:

Nick

LMFAO I cracked up watching that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I have some Salvia in my cupboard. Tried it a few times but didn't work - this was the 15x stuff. Time to up the powers me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

So is it still legal? Im interested in tryin it. Ill be headin into town tomorrow maybe.. Ill let ya'll know how I get on :P

Is it true that the more you do it the less you need to induce a trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's horrible stuff. Nothing like weed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    So is it still legal? Im interested in tryin it. Ill be headin into town tomorrow maybe.. Ill let ya'll know how I get on :P

Is it true that the more you do it the less you need to induce a trip?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Salvia Divinorum can be a very intense halluconegenic when smoked in a bowl or water pipe with a high temperature flame (butane blowtorch type lighter needed).

You need to to smoke it all with just one burn and keep the smoke in your lungs for as long as possible.

The effects can last anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes,Hallucinations,loss of control and also physical hallucinations (being held down,pushed) can result.

Many people do it once and never again having experienced a bad trip,some people enjoy it and do it regularly.

The safest way to take Salvia Divinorum is to be in a happy/stable state of mind and have a good friend with you to watch you should anything go wrong.

Salvia Divinorum leaves in their unprocessed form can be chewed,if the juice is swallowed it will have no effect as stomach acid negates it.Keeping the juice in your mouth while you chew will lead a milder trip lasting a few hours.

The head shop in Rathmines only sells it to over 21s while most head shops supply it to anyone over 18.

any gob****e that takes any drug deserves to OD..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

I have a drink of ethanol and deserve to die of alcohol poisoning? That seems a little harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I tried the 40x stuff a few times a few years ago with a mate of mine -

first time I took one drag of it... My impression was that it was avery metallic taste, gave me a bit of a high - walking felt more like like bouncing...the effect wore off after about 15 mins.

second time we went to town on it - a few drags of it over an hour (I'd guess) It was a bit like being stoned, but less mellow... it also gave me a ringing in my ears, vortexes of realities/galaxies rolling in and out of each other like a doughnut turning inside out... - it really amplified my mood also... I remember sitting down and being utterly confused as to why we were in the state we were, and like I said - it's quite the mood amplifier. Then my friend hit the nail on the head "it's the drugs!" really funny now that I think of it. He talked the anxiety out of me, and then I found it quite interesting - not introspective like being stoned but more of a show for my entertainment... I stuck some Pink Floyd on and fell asleep to that

<SNIP> meaning has been lost through too many edits </SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

I was just reading it for the articles....

....On salvia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Heard it can be a bit scary alright. Ill stay away from it meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    I have a drink of ethanol and deserve to die of alcohol poisoning? That seems a little harsh.

yep :P

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tried it, it bothered the hell out of me. No thank you.

I was shaking everywhere. Half my body almost completely shut down. And by have I mean the left side of my tongue would work whereas my rightside would.

Still kicked everyone elses ass at Jenga, but the experiences was far, far too disconcerting.

It's something that really should be researched a lot beforehand, not just done spontaneously for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Cigs and booze have always done the job for me. I've managed to f*ck my life up enough with those without graduating to harder stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

any person who makes a statement like that deserves to be an idiot.

Cigs and booze are two of the "hardest" drugs which are commonly used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Any gob****e called Matthew Reilly deserves to OD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

They might be sound, but I'd take anything anyone working in one of those shops with a pinch of salt. They're not qualified, and I've encountered some who were utterly clueless. Research anything you want to try online first.
    Just to add to this.
    Wikipedia and pro-drug sites do not count as research.

A lot of people also use the logic if it is illegal it is worth doing. So making a drug illegal can have it gain attention and interest people to use it even more. The 2 most widely abused drugs are both legal, so I guess the millions abusing them think they are worth doing.
    I wouldn't call my nicotine addiction worthwhile.
    I'd call it even more pointless than an addiction to illegal hard drugs.
    People have strange logic when it comes to drugs. Like "well if it is so good it would be illegal", like the governments aim is to stop them having a good time. Look what happened with GHB, they saw it as a threat to the alcohol industry so made up myths about it being a date rape drug as a reason to make it illegal. While alcohol is the biggest date rape drug out there!

Yes, shops can sell legal goods. In woodies you can get LSA which is similar compound to LSD.

If you want to drool like an animal and be sucked into a spiralling vortex and communicate with mother nature type entities then go ahead, it can be very scary stuff.
    I personally do not believe there is such a thing as a date rape drug.
    Rape is rape no matter what spin or name is put on it.

Kold wrote: »
    I hear telling people to stick things up their pooper is good for a laugh.
    Just make sure you don't mistake ketamine for suppositories

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Cigs and booze have always done the job for me. I've managed to f*ck my life up enough with those without graduating to harder stuff.
    Me too.

any person who makes a statement like that deserves to be an idiot.
    Careful now.

Cigs and booze are two of the "hardest" drugs which are commonly used.
    Not dosage wise.
    One pint does not equate to one joint.
    One cigarette does not equate to a line of coke.

I'm still baffled as to how and why tobacco is still legal though.

Edit: Topic related ads are funny.
    The one that showed up for me at the top of this page was for Jagermeister. :)

Advertisement