Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing U-turn for Beverley Cooper-Flynn

Options
  • 07-01-2009 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Finally a bit of justice for the wee man. Beverley Cooper-Flynn has agreed to give up the €41,000 allowance that she had intended keeping despite her no longer being an independent TD.
    There are some politicians in this country who really get on my wick so watching Cooper-Flynn being forced into this U-turn is most enjoyable. As was her losing her libel case with RTE.
    Padraig "Have you ever tried living in three gaffs, it's not easy" Flynn isn't up to much good either.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0107/breaking26.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ha ha, YES! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I wonder what Cowan whispered in her ear to make her back off?
    What did he quietly promise or how did he turn her decision around?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

She wont be able to afford that Vaginal corrective surgery now. The poor Tranny...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This woman is a snake and can swallow and egg hole.

How someone who advocated ripping off the state can hold an elected office is beyond me. Why do we vote for these curropt crooks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Glad to hear it, bloody no good....mutter mutter ....waste of..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Biggins wrote: »
    What did he quietly promise or how did he turn her decision around?

Easy. Keep the 41K and your an independent. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"Bev - if you don't give it up I'll send you naked pictures of myself."

That would have done the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

why oh why the people of ireland keep electing these dynasties to power is completely beyond me! :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Craft25 wrote: »
    why oh why the people of ireland keep electing these dynasties to power is completely beyond me! :mad:

Beats Enda Kenny any day imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

This woman is a snake and can swallow and egg hole.

How someone who advocated ripping off the state can hold an elected office is beyond me. Why do we vote for these curropt crooks?

Who voted for them?

I don't know one person who confesses to voting FF (ex. Joe Behan as of late) in the last election (ex. one person who voted for Bertie because "sure he's up the creek and done loads before".)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

She is not , as some of you seem to think, giving anything back, she is not going to take any more. The Flynn's don't give anything back!
    More to the point, the Flynn's don't do embarrassment !
    She will loose no sleep over this.
    She will just work out another way to screw us all, it's what they do, and in the Flynn's case, they are pretty good at it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Big difference between electing to giving up the allowance in goodwill, and being ordered to relinquish it because the media are starting to hammer the party about it.

Do they actually think the nay-sayers will reform their views of BCF as a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    She is not , as some of you seem to think, giving anything back, she is not going to take any more. The Flynn's don't give anything back!
    She will just work out another way to screw us all, it's what they do, and in the Flynn's case, they are pretty good at it !

And watch her waltz back into the Dáil after the next election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

how is she going to afford that apartment in brussels, oh wait...

Yep, that about sums up the truth as close as you will get to it.
    Whats worse is that some muppets in her constituency will have short memories and re-elect her again - even after this type of farce shows what her true character is likely to be!
    Depressing... :(

Exactly.

AFAIK, Pee still goes to mass on Sunday and walks up to the top pew... 3-4 minutes late :eek:

I'm from West Mayo and most people I know are intelligent normal people, but there must be a hell of a lot of wierdos I don't know :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Sounds very like something Charlie would have done.

If there was ever a female heading for leader of Fianna Fail and eventual Taoiseach, it's her. Simply because she has the balls for it.

We need to make her Taoiseach fast, so she can rape Europe and make us all rich. (insert evil laugh smilie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

If the brass necked bitch had an ounce of integrity in her , she would have resigned from politics many years ago.
    Hmm, is an elected politician a true to life reflection of the people who voted him/her in?:eek:
    in her case, she's a terrible reflection on Mayo people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

"Democracy is the theory that the people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard" - H. L. Mencken.

The Irish government is living proof that this statement is probably the truest thing ever said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Craft25 View Post
    why oh why the people of ireland keep electing these dynasties to power is completely beyond me!
    Beats Enda Kenny any day imo.

...and it is through attitudes like this....that there is little hope for change in this country.......

• Advertisement

"Democracy is the theory that the people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard" - H. L. Mencken.

The Irish government is living proof that this statement is probably the truest thing ever said.
    ...is this along the same line of thinking "you get the goverment ye deserve!"

If so, its very true for Ireland. As long as muppets keep re-electing more muppets, nothing will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If so, its very true for Ireland. As long as muppets keep re-electing more muppets, nothing will change.
    Unfortunately, apart from the muppets in power, there is no-one. FG just says what's a bad idea, but don't really come up with any good ideas: just, well, the idea FF has is bad.

the_syco wrote: »
    Unfortunately, apart from the muppets in power, there is no-one. FG just says what's a bad idea, but don't really come up with any good ideas: just, well, the idea FF has is bad.

Depressing but true! :(

If you were to calculate what she took by false pretences of our money and divide by the number of taxpayers I'm sure the sum would come under the Small Claims Court limit.

We could all sue her for our money back.:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a total brass neck parish pump gombeen politician

a total brass neck parish pump gombeen politician

That just about sums up a good lot of them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Anyone hear her on the Mayo radio station when she announced it?
    She said that she approached Cohen about it, organised the meeting and instigated everything herself.

Balls like brass monkeys I tells ya :eek:

smokingman wrote: »
    Anyone hear her on the Mayo radio station when she announced it?
    She said that she approached Cohen about it, organised the meeting and instigated everything herself.

Balls like brass monkeys I tells ya :eek:

She is just trying to cover her ass for when it comes to re-election time.
    This was/is to be expected. I hope the local voters there take longer note of her two faces!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

can anybody here say they wouldnt take 41k from any govt dept if entitled to it AND it was not public news/gossip ie nobody would find out?

i bet you not a sinner here would give it back.........

if u would tell me and i'll show you a liar.

ya it was politically bad judgement but thats it.

why do people vote in Flynns and the like..............? easy, look at castlebar, a fantastic town that has come on in leaps and bounds and has left other towns like ballina/ballinasloe (ie similar towns of 30 years ago) way back in terms of progress. tis like a mini galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Sums it up really.

Advertisement