Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my first visit by Jehovah's Witnesses! woohoo

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I've only come across JW's at my doorstep once years ago. Similar to what some others have mentioned, one of them was an attractive young female. Maybe this would be a good question to ask them: Do they use sex to try to sell their religion ?

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hah, got 2 more visitors just now! :D This time baptists or something...

The guy could really bloody talk too. I tried several times to end the conversation: "well that's food for thought", "thanks for stopping by", etc.

He was undeterred :(

I spoke to him for about 15 minutes, pleasant enough chap, I gave him some slight resistance, asked him about Islam, Adam and Eve, etc. He asked could he pray for me, I told him he can if he wants, if he thinks it'll help. Sure prayers always helps, don't you know! I was gonna start asking him about dinosaurs but my folks came back from walking the dog, so I saw that as an opportunity to end the conversation :D

"Careful of the dog mate, nice talking to you"

Nice folks these Christians

Advertisement