Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Dwan Issues the Million Dollar Challenge (Ivey and possibly DB and PA accept)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

pretty epic stuff. Durrrr has a massive edge on Benyamine in NLH but I think Benya has an edge in PLO. So it depends on what they play as to the outcome of that one. Ivey and Durrrr have been going at it a lot in heads up PLO recently and id say they are fairly even at this stage... thats the match I think everyone wants to see.

Look forward to hearing a lot more from Ivey on Poker Road etc. Really interesting character who is obviously minted from his affiliation/ownership in Full Tilt and cash game winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

DeadMoney wrote: »
    His eyebrows do it for me! And his god damn voice! He sounds like he's speaking through the end of a traffic cone. :D Not to mention the fact that he is 21 and has pretty much achieved all of his poker goals.

The missus thinks he's cute...guess her taste is fcked :rolleyes:

nosdurrrratu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Yahoo! Ivey accepts.

Ivey: "someone is probably gonna go broke..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

what a sicko.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

So has he accepted to do this challenge 3 times or are PA , Ivey and Benyamine going to team up?

Edit: Apparantly Benyamine has backed out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Edit: Apparantly Benyamine has backed out

Guy is supposed to be preety deep in debt according to one poker magazine.

Ivey and durrr and Antonius and durrr should be crackers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

the real winners are the 100/200 + regs who now get a couple of months without Ivey, PA or Durr in the game, must make the game rather more enticing.

In fact it would be a sweet sting if the 3 of them were in it together and all just opened new accounts and cleaned everyone who wont sit with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

the real winners are the 100/200 + regs who now get a couple of months without Ivey, PA or Durr in the game, must make the game rather more enticing.

In fact it would be a sweet sting if the 3 of them were in it together and all just opened new accounts and cleaned everyone who wont sit with them.

Pillow I think you could take Durr - lets try get enough people to stake 4.5 million for you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Flushdraw wrote: »
    The missus thinks he's cute...guess her taste is fcked :rolleyes:

nosdurrrratu.jpg

LMAO! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Pillow I think you could take Durr - lets try get enough people to stake 4.5 million for you :p

lolers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭marty smyth

how many hours would it take to play 50k hands over 4 tables?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,039 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

50-70 hours i'd say,
    somebody who plays alot of HU would have a better idea

also, does anyone know why galfond is excluded? is he basically saying that galfond is the best HU player in the world, but he's better than everyone else?

also, does anyone know why galfond is excluded? is he basically saying that galfond is the best HU player in the world, but he's better than everyone else?

I would say it has more to do with them being mates and stuff. Didn't they live together for ages ?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

how many hours would it take to play 50k hands over 4 tables?

O yeah baby marty thinkin about it!!! Go marty :p

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    I would say it has more to do with them being mates and stuff. Didn't they live together for ages ?

Opr

that's probably it, i don't think they lived together tho, are u thinking of raptor maybe?

pgodkin wrote: »
    O yeah baby marty thinkin about it!!! Go marty :p

i'd take him on if we only played flips every hand... i might even give him 3-1 odds if that was the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

opr wrote: »

Opr

i'd say bluefirepoker just being unveiled has something to do with it

just saw this link while i was reading up on the challenge... this is nuts. why does anyone still play on this site, and why does anyone still have anything to do with PH? don't know if there's already a thread about it here?

http://www.pokerkingblog.com/2008/12/24/ultimatebet-publishes-statement-regarding-doubleballer-philhellmuth-hand/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I'd say he wouldn't play Galfond for 2 reasons, (1) they're mates; (2) Galfond would be as good as Durrr at multi-tabling and IMO he is the best in the world ATM.

I think Durrr sees his edge in these bets in the 4 tabling and playing for extended sessions part of it, AFAIK, Ivey doesn't usually play many tables and if he loses a buy-in or 2 he quits the person, IMO Durrr sees his edge on Ivey in playing multi-tables and playing for extended periods.

Antonius, I'm not sure about, but I'd be pretty confident he'll back out in the end. Did anyone read his interview about the bet, he said it could take a year to complete, I'd say this is exactly the opposite of what Durrrr had in mind.

This is all just a my uninformed opinion, but I'd say durrrr would have an edge on Ivey if they're playing 4 tables at a time, if it was only 1 or 2 tables, then I presume Ivey has the edge or at least it's VERY close, i suppose it all depends on how quickly Ivey adjusts to playing 4 tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

just saw this link while i was reading up on the challenge... this is nuts. why does anyone still play on this site, and why does anyone still have anything to do with PH? don't know if there's already a thread about it here?

http://www.pokerkingblog.com/2008/12/24/ultimatebet-publishes-statement-regarding-doubleballer-philhellmuth-hand/
    wow u would want to be crazy to play there.

More controversey.

Like it says on the article the fact that Hellmuth was involved is extremely fishy. They really aren't doing themselves any favours by allowing such crap to happen on such high stakes.

Love how Hellmuth wouldn't even transfer the guy back the money. He is supposed to be a rep for that place. I won't ever deposit on that place after all this bad publicity.

Although, if the losing hand wins......I might stand a chance of making some money.

Durrrr and PA 4 tabling against each other at the moment on the 500/1000 HA (Hold'em/Omaha hi) tables.

Dunno if its part of the bet or not.

Opr

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_H_huRnQk

I dunno if it would be according to this.

Advertisement