Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] BRAND NEW boards fifa club team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Having problems with my mic on these 10 a side games. Everyone else is muted on mine. Any helP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Wasnt around all day today but I'll be on tomorrow evening chaps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I was only around for 3 games last night, shouldn't really have played any as I was in the middle of stuff! Good though, its infinity easier to play as David Villa rather than David Silva.

Think the lads that we beat 0-3 were Irish too, with gamertags like Richie Bennett and Rielly(something or other), they must have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

hey if you need more people to play I can join ye.

I don't really mind what position, probably winger is my best position but i don't mind really.

my gamertag is randomnamez. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

randomname wrote: »
    hey if you need more people to play I can join ye.

I don't really mind what position, probably winger is my best position but i don't mind really.

my gamertag is randomnamez. :)

Don't let him in, he's rubbish :D

• Advertisement

We were playing some great stuff last night not conceding many and scoring a bucket load of goals in most matches!

The record now is 10 wins, 4 losses and 3 draws.

Just not to cause any confusion as I said in the 1st post ill play the any position. Please don't anyone pick it with me because its very hard to play when 2 people play it because you don't know who your controlling most of the time.

I know I said about mikes are important in my 1st post but that was before my nephew broke mine so Ill be without one for awhile.

Ill be on from around 6 tonight if anyone's up for games!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

We were playing some great stuff last night not conceding many and scoring a bucket load of goals in most matches!

The record now is 10 wins, 4 losses and 3 draws.

Just not to cause any confusion as I said in the 1st post ill play the any position. Please don't anyone pick it with me because its very hard to play when 2 people play it because you don't know who your controlling most of the time.

I know I said about mikes are important in my 1st post but that was before my nephew broke mine so Ill be without one for awhile.

Ill be on from around 6 tonight if anyone's up for games!!

Ya good games last night, one thing though we have the pace as Valencia up front so try release the forward players a bit quicker with through balls. The amount of times I made a break and the pass just came that little too late catching me offside. We did score some crackers though and some good passing around, whats more most of the games we won, we won them by 2 or 3 goals so hopefully the record keeps going! Good stuff last night catch you on their later!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Another thing I forgot to mention!

Its really 1st come 1st serve when it comes to positions. The earlier your on the better position your going to get.

If 2 lads have been playing up front for most of the night you cant expect to come on a bit later and take one of those positions.

So make sure in the dressing room before hand you know what positions people have been playing if they've been on for awhile so not to cause confusion.

Axwell wrote: »
    Ya good games last night, one thing though we have the pace as Valencia up front so try release the forward players a bit quicker with through balls. The amount of times I made a break and the pass just came that little too late catching me offside. We did score some crackers though and some good passing around, whats more most of the games we won, we won them by 2 or 3 goals so hopefully the record keeps going! Good stuff last night catch you on their later!

Ye I know where your coming from but our defensive record was great last night and I think that's down to not trying a through ball any chance I got the ball in midfield so we weren't giving the ball away cheaply we were passing it around a bit. But Ill take what you said on board for the games tonight!

Yeah we all should really use them when possible, even if you only use it just to call for a through ball before you run offside or whatever

Maybe put the "any" position up for grabs too but agree to only have one person playing it at a time?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ye I know where your coming from but our defensive record was great last night and I think that's down to not trying a through ball any chance I got the ball in midfield so we weren't giving the ball away cheaply we were passing it around a bit. But Ill take what you said on board for the games tonight!

Ya i agree we defended well and didnt conceed many but there were times when instead of playing the ball forward you would go across field with it when there was a clear break ahead. If you are playing the any you have to be on the look for the other players making breaks and runs cause a lot of teams all the players go any and you split there defence right open with a good through ball cos they all get confused who is controlling who. This is only our first few games though and it will take time for us to get used to Valencia aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'll try and get on for a few games tonight!! What are Valencia like, I haven't used them yet!!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'll try and get on for a few games tonight!! What are Valencia like, I haven't used them yet!!!

Well i think its more down to who you are playing, we bet Man Utd, Barcelona and a few other good teams and by a good margin. But thats cos we were awesome and they sucked :D

Ya i agree we defended well and didnt conceed many but there were times when instead of playing the ball forward you would go across field with it when there was a clear break ahead. If you are playing the any you have to be on the look for the other players making breaks and runs cause a lot of teams all the players go any and you split there defence right open with a good through ball cos they all get confused who is controlling who. This is only our first few games though and it will take time for us to get used to Valencia aswell.

Again I see where your coming from. Bensfc (i think that's his name) was playing RM and I wanted him to be involved in the game because it would be very boring for him if we went through the middle every time and to be fair to him he did get a few goals.

I'm not starting arguments but I like the way you keep criticising my play of the any position even though we didn't lose 1 game when I played that position last night by myself and when you played it for 1 game by yourself we lost 4-0 so I hope you can see how hard the position can be!!

I'm not starting arguments but I like the way you keep criticising my play of the any position even though we didn't lose 1 game when I played that position last night by myself and when you played it for 1 game by yourself we lost 4-0 so I hope you can see how hard the position can be!!

If you are going to be the any player all the time you have to be able to take some criticism as you put it, yes i played the "any" for one game, using your tactics and setup as oppose to my own and we lost. I believe you played up front for that game and didnt score anything. All the other games i played as CF and we scored and won if you want to be picky :D
    Yes its hard being any but if you are going to play that position you have to be open to suggestions from the other players. You get to control most of the players so its annoying when your up front waiting for that through ball that never seems to come and people arent on the mics so its hard to just run around waving your arm for the pass. I have no problem with you being the any but you have to take on board peoples comments and not take it as critiscism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jaoquin lads:cool:

If you are going to be the any player all the time you have to be able to take some criticism as you put it, yes i played the "any" for one game, using your tactics and setup as oppose to my own and we lost. I believe you played up front for that game and didnt score anything. All the other games i played as CF and we scored and won if you want to be picky :D
    Yes its hard being any but if you are going to play that position you have to be open to suggestions from the other players. You get to control most of the players so its annoying when your up front waiting for that through ball that never seems to come and people arent on the mics so its hard to just run around waving your arm for the pass. I have no problem with you being the any but you have to take on board peoples comments and not take it as critiscism.

But I must have been doing something right if we were winning most games by 4 or 5 goals and not conceding. If we lost our last few matches and you were giving me tips then I would be saying fair enough but we weren't. We were scoring all different types of goals Crosses (Which I have to say your very good at), Through balls, long rangers etc.

I think most people will agree that they don't like getting critised but especially when we're winning and winning good.

Anyway lets drop this. As i said ill be on for games around 6!

P.S when I'm playing up front I need someone to set me up if I'm to score a goal :D (Only Messing)

But I must have been doing something right if we were winning most games by 4 or 5 goals and not conceding

Yes passing to us and letting us work the magic in the latter part of the pitch banging them in :D

Im not criticising you i just asked can you look to get the through balls in quicker when the chance is there. Your good at the any position and you defend well and thats why we didnt conceed but we could win 8-0 and wallop some of the teams i think we played well last night. Ill catch ya later tonight for the destruction of a few more teams!! :cool:

Yes passing to us and letting us work the magic in the latter part of the pitch banging them in :D

Im not criticising you i just asked can you look to get the through balls in quicker when the chance is there. Your good at the any position and you defend well and thats why we didnt conceed but we could win 8-0 and wallop some of the teams i think we played well last night. Ill catch ya later tonight for the destruction of a few more teams!! :cool:

Ye Ill talk to you then.

Just touching on what Y2J MUFC said:
    If anyone wants to play the any position that's fine but please send me a message before the match that you want to play there so we don't pick it together.

Anyway I probably wont be on this for the rest of the day so ill talk to who ever is playing tonight later!

Just go to the Dressing Room if you want to play!!

Sound catch ya later at some stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Too late to join??

1)v1rg1l

2)Favoured position: either wing. Or holding midfielder.

3)What you think your best at: Knitting.... oh, you mean FIFA!? Err.. crossing, long passes, and standing tackles.

4)What team you think we should be: I would have to say Villa because of Young and Agbonlahor!

Too late to join??

1)v1rg1l

2)Favoured position: either wing. Or holding midfielder.

3)What you think your best at: Knitting.... oh, you mean FIFA!? Err.. crossing, long passes, and standing tackles.

4)What team you think we should be: I would have to say Villa because of Young and Agbonlahor!

Always room for more!

As I said I wont be on this for the rest of the day so if anyone else wants to join send me a message on XBL (G M E 27)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Ah GME!

You kicked my a$$ in a league match the other night :D, honestly Im not always that crap!

I'll add you, if all the lads could add me as well, spot on. Here's the link to add v1rg1l

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

1)Gamertag: Mister robanson(I joined last night but just to state my presence :))

2)Favoured position: Midfield or winger

3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing etc!: Finishing.Definatly

4)What team you think we should be: Manchester United.....But I'll go with anything as long as it isnt a United rival :P

.....But I'll go with anything as long as it isnt a United rival :P

Amen!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Had two good games last night, my first two for the boards team.

First game we won comfortably with RichieMUFC netting a hatrick with David Villa. GME was solid controlling our defence and our other player was effective on the wings.

Our second game we drew but we shoulda taking the win, I missed a few easy chances.

I'm finding it tough on pro player cam to judge when to shoot but ill get there. I set up richie with two goals one which he took beautifully.

Good games ill be on tonight for more.

Fifa has totally pulled me away from wow, and im loving it.

Had two good games last night, my first two for the boards team.

First game we won comfortably with RichieMUFC netting a hatrick with David Villa. GME was solid controlling our defence and our other player was effective on the wings.

Our second game we drew but we shoulda taking the win, I missed a few easy chances.

I'm finding it tough on pro player cam to judge when to shoot but ill get there. I set up richie with two goals one which he took beautifully.

Good games ill be on tonight for more.

Fifa has totally pulled me away from wow, and im loving it.

Yeah, we had a good run of games last night with me and kromula (SP?) up front, BossmanMurph on the right and GME playing any. Lots of unselfish play and nice through balls. With some simple, unselfish passing you can cut teams to shreds on Be a Pro....

I scored in the next game, and then my internet connection died when we were winning 1-0! If David Villa was a bit better in the air I might have scored another few, Vidic tends to murder him in the air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr 8rightside

can you send us another invite cos i didn't get the last one

If at any stage you think we should change teams lads:

State why you think Valencia isn't working and what team we should change to and why and see does anyone agree.

Any suggestions welcome!

• Advertisement

can you send us another invite cos i didn't get the last one

Will do when im on later!

Advertisement