Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] BRAND NEW boards fifa club team

Options
  • 03-01-2009 1:05am

This has been tried a few times but hopefully 3rd time lucky!

I'm looking to get a new Boards fifa club team going but go the root of the fifa league being done on boards by having a few rules which make it better!

The rules would be as follows:

1) Any people who excessively glorys will be thrown off the team.

2) If you pick a position say RB stick to your position and don't be up in the other teams box for the majority of the match. If you fail to do this you'll be kicked off the team

3) 1st come 1st serve basis! Obviously a lot of people are going to pick CF,AM,RM etc. If a player has been playing most of the night in a particular position you cant expect to come online a bit later and take that persons position who has been playing there all night. you'll have to play some where else.

4) Don't just come on and play 1 game. One of the problems with the last team was there was too many players that would come on have 1 game and get off so we couldn't get a good run going because the team was changing too much for nearly every game. If your going to come on and play please try and have a few matches rather then 1 or 2.

5) Mikes! Again another problem was nearly everyone not having mikes. I think we'll play better with them and also there was too many times in the last team that someone would be playing good as a certain player but whoever was manager for the next match wouldn't start that player! Mikes will eliminate this problem.

6) If there's 5 players or under online we'll pick the any position and ill play it! When there's not many people playing and no one picks the any position the computer will control most of our players. When there's a good few on that's not a problem because it will only control 1 or 2 players. but when there's few playing the computer controls most of the players making it less fun because they usually just lob the ball up the pitch.

7) Anybody who abuses other player by calling them crap etc will be kicked off the team.

8) Anybody who delibratly fouls to get sent off will be kicked off the team.

Id also like to get peoples thoughts on what teams we should be. I don't think we should go for a big team i.e united, barca etc. I think we should go for a unique team that most other teams wouldn't pick.

If your interested and agree with the rules leave your:
    1)Gamertag

2)Favoured position

3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing etc!

4)What team you think we should be

Hopefully this gets started up and we'll be flying up the leagues in no time!! :)

Comments

1)Gamertag:G M E 27

2)Favoured position:CM

3)What you think your best at: Passing

4)What team you think we should be:Atletico Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

1)Gamertag: RichieMUFC

2)Favoured position: CF (the slightly deeper striker or the left most of the front two)

3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing: I'm decent at most things but find it very difficult to tackle on be a pro

4)What team you think we should be: Atletico Madrid (I'd love to be Diego Forlan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

1)Gamertag: BassmanMurph85

2)Favoured position: CM

3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing etc!: Passing and I'm handy enough at finishing.

4)What team you think we should be: Atletico Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

1)Gamertag: Kilamangiro

2)Favoured position: Centre-Forward (or any of a front 3)

3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing etc!: passing

4)What team you think we should be: Arsenal (pace all through the team and quality up front), but if not Atletico sound good

Ill set up the team today lads. Add me (G M E 27) on XBL and Ill add you to the team!

Anymore intrested in joining??

• Advertisement

Right the team has been set up.

Instead of people adding me Ill just add people to the team because you left your gamertags.

To join you have to go to your player hub and the invite will be there.

Looking for 2 good wingers and people that can play in defence but just because people have picked CF and CM doesn't mean you cant pick that position as well because chances are we wont all be on at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'd like to give LM or CM a shot. Best at passing, heading, defending and psychology. Good at free kicks. Can put in a decent cross.

Bubs180

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Would like to give this a go.
    1)Gamertag: BFassassin

2)Favoured position: None in particular. ill play where needed

3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing etc!: probably passing, crossing isnt my strong point though

4)What team you think we should be: Aston Villa maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

1)Gamertag
    Kromula

2)Favoured position
    LM,RM,ACM,CF
    3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing etc!
    Passing, through ball, finishing
    4)What team you think we should be
    Im biased towards United, I think with anderson and hargeaves in the middle they oooze pace and have classy fowards. But really any top tier team should do

Ive sent invites to:
    RichieMUFC
    Bassmanmurph85
    Kilamangiro

Ill be online in the next hour or so and Ill send invites to:
    Bubs180
    BFassassin
    Kromula

Don't forget you join by going to your player hub and there will be an invite there to join.

Keep the applications coming lads!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

1)Gamertag: Peteemax

2)Favoured position: I like anywhere the middle but i've no prod playin anywhere at the back.

3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing etc! everything lol.

4)What team you think we should be Leeds lol anybody

Ive sent invites to:
    RichieMUFC

Cheers, I'll be back on Xbox Live tomorrow after being home with dial up for the last 2 weeks! :D
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gamertag: Irish Wolverine

Favoured position: None in particular, to be honest i prefer the any position as opposed to a specific role if thats an option. In other team i was in that was my role while others played the positions.

What you think your best:All rounder, seeing the right passes to make, tackling, bringing the other people into the game and using their positions.

What Team: No real preference as its whatever everyone else is comfortable with and the player in their favoured position.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Servers down for anyone else? This is a joke!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

1)Gamertag: DJ DigitalMoose

2)Favoured position: I can play in any attacking position but I am useless at defending most my games go 4-2 3-2 etc....

3)What you think your best at i.e passing,tackling,finishing etc! I'm a good team player, I like to pass the ball around and play attractive football, none of this one trick give it to Ronaldo crap!!

4)What team you think we should be. I'll say Utd but if you've already picked a team that's fine, for these games it's usually better to play a 4 3 3 barca and Inter come to mind with these default formations..

Axwell wrote: »
    Servers down for anyone else? This is a joke!

Ye I think there down for everyone! Ill add the rest of the players once the servers are back up.

Regarding the "Any" poistion- I dont mind playing it either. I think what we should do is that I play a few matches as any and then you can play a few matches as any and then we'll ask the lads who they prefear in the any poistion and that person will be 1st choice for that poistion but if we're both not online at the same time then either of us can play it.

That all right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Stick me in too if you can. I'll play anywhere.

Ive sent invites to everyone that has signed up so far.

We've got 11 players so far including myself so id say 1 more player will be enough because we don't want it like the last team which had far too many players so it was like a different team for every match.

Hopefully we'll get a few game in tomorrow evening/night.

Anyone around for games tonight?

Ill be on from around 7 so just go to the dressing room anytime after that and there should be people there. If there isn't anyone there best bet is that we're in a match so just wait in the DR for it to be over.

Also everyone happy with Atletico? Sure we'll try them anyway for a few matches, we can always change the team if we're not happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ben SFC is mine.

Good at the Defensive midfielder but I'll play centre back or right full. Like them positions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr 8rightside

I'll join your club dude, i can play anywhere but especially CB, RB AND RM
    My gamertag is Mr 8rightside (with an 8 not a B)
    just send us a friend invite or a message on xbox live

A few of us had a few games last night.

Our record was 3 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw

Kilamangiro was in good form up front.

After playing a few matches I can see that we're definitely going to have a problem with Atleticos defense which is frankly rubbish.

If anyone has any ideas for any new teams please tell. (Try and think of a team that not many people pick rather then the big teams)

A few Ive been thinking of that we could play as:
    Valencia
    Villareal
    Aston Villa
    Rep Of Ireland

Ill be on from around 6 tonight if anyone's up for a few games!!

After playing a few matches I can see that we're definitely going to have a problem with Atleticos defense which is frankly rubbish.

They aren't too bad once you get used to them. I think Perea is reasonably fast?

Valencia
    Villareal
    Aston Villa
    Rep Of Ireland

I'd go with Valencia then. Villa, Silva, Vicente, Joaquin, Morientes, only problem is where to fit them all in :D. There are lots of people who play as Aston Villa now... Ireland are fairly sh!te... Villarreal would be ok, but their defense isn't any better than Atleti's...

Man City even, although there would be a mad scramble for Robinho?

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I'd go with Valencia then. Villa, Silva, Vicente, Joaquin, Morientes, only problem is where to fit them all in :D. There are lots of people who play as Aston Villa now... Ireland are fairly sh!te... Villarreal would be ok, but their defense isn't any better than Atleti's...

Man City even, although there would be a mad scramble for Robinho?

Valencia would be my 1st choice out of them and they have 2 great DM (Albelda & Baraja is that how you spell it lol) aswell to help on the defense side.

Another thing that annoyed me with Atletico was no left footed winger so I found myself cutting in alot instead of crossing. Silva would eliminate that problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Aston Villa for me. 4-3-3 formation. Can have the three forwards(Agbonlahor, Carew and Young) constantly switching could cause confusion for teams.

Then two centre midfielders and one defensive midfielder. Works very well.

I'll be on tonight anyways. Stilll sick so occupying myself with Fifa.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight anyways. Stilll sick so occupying myself with Fifa.

Grand mate! Add me on XBL so I know your online.

Hopefully we get a few more playing tonight!

Ill be on from around 6 so if anyone thats joined the team wants to play send me a message on XBL! Ill be on for most of the night!

Valencia would be my 1st choice out of them and they have 2 great DM (Albelda & Baraja is that how you spell it lol) aswell to help on the defense side.

Another thing that annoyed me with Atletico was no left footed winger so I found myself cutting in alot instead of crossing. Silva would eliminate that problem :D

Yeah, you could use Vicente or Silva out on the left, depending on whoever is LM's preference. Both would do a good job.

With Atletico you could always shift Simao out to the right, move Maxi into the center, but Garcia on the left, that would fix that problem if you prefer a left footer. Loads of jiggery-pokery can be done.

Gimme a shout when ye play to play later. I'll be on Xbox Live from 7 or so, probably on COD, so drop me a message...

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Yeah, you could use Vicente or Silva out on the left, depending on whoever is LM's preference. Both would do a good job.

With Atletico you could always shift Simao out to the right, move Maxi into the center, but Garcia on the left, that would fix that problem if you prefer a left footer. Loads of jiggery-pokery can be done.

Gimme a shout when ye play to play later. I'll be on Xbox Live from 7 or so, probably on COD, so drop me a message...

I changed the team to Valencia!!

Ill be online now from around 7 for the night if anyone who's signed up wants to play!!

I changed the team to Valencia!!

Thats cool with me anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yeah valencia seems to be a fair choice. Ill be on for a while this evening and maybe get a few games in.

Advertisement