Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] BRAND NEW boards fifa club team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    He didn't have any good feet.

I said 2 left feet..never said either of them were any good :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »
    I said 2 left feet..never said either of them were any good :p

Touché

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Touché

Never heard of him, French winger??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

I'm not going to bother stringing this argument on and on. I'm don't agree with your views and you don't agree with mine, but if you have any clue about football you should know to exclude Tevez, Aguerro or Messi in a team is plain stupid. Just look at results with GME's formation there was a better win percentage than Messi up front.

The main reason i'm not persisting, because in several of your posts you've been the cause of plenty of arguments about numerous different problems with other peoples views, also making a lot of smart-mouth comments and running the best player out of the club.

I'm not going to bother stringing this argument on and on. I'm don't agree with your views and you don't agree with mine, but if you have any clue about football you should know to exclude Tevez, Aguerro or Messi in a team is plain stupid. Just look at results with GME's formation there was a better win percentage than Messi up front.

The main reason i'm not persisting, because in several of your posts you've been the cause of plenty of arguments about numerous different problems with other peoples views, also making a lot of smart-mouth comments and running the best player out of the club.

You have your opinions, i have mine. As a member of the club i am entitled to voice them as is anyone else. If i play in a position i feel it fair to be allowed to ask for the player in that position to be swapped if no one else is playing as them. This is a team game and based on playing for fun, where everyone at the same time likes to win so it shouldnt have been a big issue to change the player. It isnt real life so if i ask that Aguerro be benched and i can use someone else it isnt the end of the world, we arent trying to win the world cup. Also im well aware of the win percentages, ive played in most of them up front with Richie and Mr Moon with GME. GME wasnt run out of the club he decided to step down as manager, at no point did i or anyone else ask him to leave. As i said you are free to believe what you want or have your say but i have nothing more to say on the matter just to keep going back and forth with you over it.

• Advertisement

If you have any clue about football you should know to exclude Tevez, Aguerro or Messi in a team is plain stupid.

Carlos Tevez is by far my favourite footballer, but in FIFA, I find it very difficult to use him. He doesn't have much pace, he doesn't have any real heading ability, and he loses his workman like chasing down ability which you can't actually show in a game, and he tends to get swallowed up by big defenders, therefore sometimes I don't use him, so I can see a scenario where its not "stupid" to leave him out and include someone else who gives you something more, as much as I like him in real life.

But, if I'm captain, and someone says they want him, as happened the other night, I'll throw him on. I know some of the lads who I played fifa with pretty much every day have the same opinion, that you can't really do much with him.

Again, something you don't agree with isn't "stupid" or, in some other fella's words, "a joke". Different people have different preferences, so we can all comprise over players playing in different positions from time to time, so lets not be so dismissive and throw labels around the place, just because its not your own first preference....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Never heard of him, French winger??:D
    wetting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Let's get the show on the road and get a game in tonight? Who's up for it?

wetting myself.

:p (disturbing thought though lol)

I wont be around tonight im afraid but ill be on all weekend so ill give you a shout then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Carlos Tevez is by far my favourite footballer, but in FIFA, I find it very difficult to use him. He doesn't have much pace, he doesn't have any real heading ability, and he loses his workman like chasing down ability which you can't actually show in a game, and he tends to get swallowed up by big defenders, therefore sometimes I don't use him, so I can see a scenario where its not "stupid" to leave him out and include someone else who gives you something more, as much as I like him in real life.

I love playing with Tevez up front, I always seem to get a goal or two a game with him!!

I hope to be on at some stage later!! (after real football)

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I love playing with Tevez up front, I always seem to get a goal or two a game with him!!

I get a goal or two with him, but I usually get a goal or two with another player and actually can do a bit more for the team when I'm Aguero, or whoever.

Sorry bout that 4 - 0 drubbing lads.......... ;)

Ah well we will get ye in the replay, good to see you stuck to picking an uncommon team to play as..manchster someone or other i think you were:confused:

Nobody likes a twat ;)

Ah well we will get ye in the replay,

Replay? After that scoreline you sure? ;)

good to see you stuck to picking an uncommon team to play as..manchster someone or other i think you were:confused:
    Doesn't matter who we pick, Argentina are just as gud it's not like we just ran the pitch with all the gud players instead we just took you apart with passing and clinical finishing! :D

You always have a problem about something, stop being a sore loser!!!!!!!!!

Nobody likes a twat

After everything last week, i felt it was necessary! How'd it feel being put to the sword by your beloved man utd?

Ah well we will get ye in the replay, good to see you stuck to picking an uncommon team to play as..manchster someone or other i think you were:confused:

Your the manager of the team now pick whatever team you want :D

Whoever was playing any for the boards team cheers for taking me down when I was through on goal! Good to see the boards team plays fairly!! ;)

Replay? After that scoreline you sure? ;)

Ya shur everyone gets a bit of luck now and then, ye got yours tonight.

Excuses is all I ever hear from you, for once concede you were 2nd best by a mile!

Luck??? Don't think so, as i sed better passing, finishing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Actually, thinking about it further, didn't Real Madrid win back to back La Liga titles with Robinho on the left... Barcelona win back to back La Liga titles and a Champions league with Ronaldinho on the left, and indeed, are running away with the title this year with a left footer on the right. Didn't Chelsea win with Duff and Robben on either wing, both left footed. United hammered Chelsea at Old Trafford with Ronaldo and Park, both right footed, on either wing. It can be done.

I think its not ideal for balance, but you know, it depends on the player, and on the style of play. I just wanted to point out, with the instances I can name just purely off the top of my head, even in real life, its far from a "joke".

To summarise, in general I think its a bad idea for most players, but it depends on the player, and the system, and in some cases... you can win the lot with it.

Success talks...and I generally think that Senor's Mourinho and co. whose teams I pointed out above know a thing or two :)

i was talking about Nani. I've no problems with players playing on their weaker side in general.

Shut the fcuk up and don't be a jackass, no need for this type of sh!te.

Don't be taking it so serious, it's only a bit of craic! I am very sure others and maybe you would have done the same had the scoreline been reversed.

• Advertisement

Don't be taking it so serious, it's only a bit of craic! I am very sure others and maybe you would have done the same had the scoreline been reversed.

Well when we get to have the replay and show you it was just luck we will make sure to send you a message ;)

Don't be taking it so serious, it's only a bit of craic!

You had your first pop, the second one is really trying your luck, especially given your history here. Don't be a jackass and push it too far.

Well when we get to have the replay and show you it was just luck we will make sure to send you a message ;)

Send all the messages you want!!!! I've no problem with it but first your going to have to beat us.........;)

Btw didn't know you were so fond of dirty challenges too. :D

You had your first pop, the second one is really trying your luck, especially given your history here. Don't be a jackass and shut the fck up.

My history?

Just because i'm new to this doesn't mean i don't have the right to express my opinion on threads, it's not my fault people don't agree with me and theres arguments/discussions about it.

And besides it's banter to wind you up i thought it may have been taken light-heartedly because of the issue last week!

Send all the messages you want!!!! I've no problem with it but first your going to have to beat us.........;)

Btw didn't know you were so fond of dirty challenges too. :D

One game and you think you are amazing. Having craic is one thing but its funny really the way your going on coming in gloating like a 7 year old. Chalk this one down to luck, every team has a bad day.

As for you being new to this,maybe you should consider that coming on acting like a twat isnt the best appoach and might be why people dont have much time for you or your replies on the threads.

Just because i'm new to this doesn't mean i don't have the right to express my opinion on threads

Sorry now, but how is "How does it feel to be put to the sword by your beloved Man Utd" constitute "expressing" an opinion exactly?

Express an opinion all you like, just don't gloat like a 5 year old kid. Thats what i have the problem with. Once is ok, you got a "banterish" reply, twice your pushing your luck - you keep pushing and you'll get some less than nice replies ;)

The only time I'll gloat is when I beat Moon in our next Premiership game :):)

Ya shur everyone gets a bit of luck now and then, ye got yours tonight.

In what way were we "lucky" tonight?

We beat you fair and square why cant you just admit that???

Who was playing the any position just out of curiosity. i taught taking a player out when he was through on goal is frowned upon on boards??

In what way were we "lucky" tonight?

We beat you fair and square why cant you just admit that???

Who was playing the any position just out of curiosity. i taught taking a player out when he was through on goal is frowned upon on boards??

I never said you didnt beat us fair an square but I wouldnt come on gloating like kids after one game, well done kids you won fair and square. :D
    None of us went any, we havent had an any player since you left we just play positions and let the computer deal with it and have done quite well up to now. ;)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

None of us went any, we havent had an any player since you left we just play positions and let the computer deal with it and have done quite well up to now. ;)

Fair enough. Just wondering!

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Just wondering!

No probs
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement