Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Ha. Ha.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

had the tv on in the background and noticed a new irish comedy. it was really crap and i wondered what it was called so i checked the rte website to see what was on right now. cant believe they are repeating this show, maybe they think it will be funnier the second time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

had the tv on in the background and noticed a new irish comedy. it was really crap and i wondered what it was called so i checked the rte website to see what was on right now. cant believe they are repeating this show, maybe they think it will be funnier the second time around?

I actually thought tonights one was the best out of the 4. Enjoyable not LOL funny but nothing dreadfully bad in it. Actors all had confidence and the writing was good, the only problem with the sketches was they went on for too long and could have been cut shorter. I actually think the songs in that episode while too long are the best songs and music I have seen in a comedy show.

I suppose RTÉ want to see how it works without any really advertising, hoping it is a sleeper show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

What ever happened to the likes of Scratch Saturday?
    Scrap Saturday?
    Poor Dermot Morgan passed away.

Scrap Saturday?
    Poor Dermot Morgan passed away.

Political Intimidation more like.

Or else they are talking about the Children's show Scratch Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irl_Rob

In response to some people's naive views about irish comedy, myself and a few friends (all under 18) have written, filmed and produced our own comedy show, trying to break away from typical Irish and British comedy. please visit and let us know what you think. www.youtube.com/11shifts11 or www.bebo.com/11shifts11

• Advertisement

Irl_Rob wrote: »
    In response to some people's naive views about irish comedy, myself and a few friends (all under 18) have written, filmed and produced our own comedy show, trying to break away from typical Irish and British comedy. please visit and let us know what you think. www.youtube.com/11shifts11 or www.bebo.com/11shifts11

Should we respond? You should have put it up for Storyland. How is anything typical Irish comedy. I guess it isn't Monthy Python, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools, Reginal Perrin etc. :)

Does being under 18 make you exempt from criticism? I think it needs work but I suppose ye are only a month of your 18th birthday so until then I will let you away with a warning: -

GET READY TO BE ANNIHILATED ON BOARDS. :(

but well done, the camera focus needs a bit of work as does the sound. Perhaps too many characters for 10mins and too many references to PS3 (I hope you got sponsorship from them :) ).

Good to see you not introducing the characters rather letting them introduce themselves as the story :confused: goes on!

Also the readybrek thing sound stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

You're probably too young to remember 'Upwardly Mobile'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

trying to break away from typical Irish and British comedy.

Very original then using a tune from the C4 show The Inbetweeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It was like a bunch of kids playing grown up. I don't see how it's breaking away from the norm to be honest it's your classic teenager first film everything is borrowed. The funniest bit was yerman pretend shaving, didn't it bring back memories.

It's a start though keep at it, practice makes perfect and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Irl_Rob

mikom wrote: »
    Very original then using a tune from the C4 show The Inbetweeners.

Don't understand what song you're talking about? Genuine mistake if it is from that show. Like I said, our first time trying anything like this, we'll take any criticism on board! Don't agree that it's like a typical first-time movie, a lot of time was taken up by scripting, editing and filming from different angles, a lot of thought went into it. Keep an eye out for us in future, and let us know if we're improving or not.

• Advertisement

Don't understand what song you're talking about? Genuine mistake if it is from that show. Like I said, our first time trying anything like this, we'll take any criticism on board! Don't agree that it's like a typical first-time movie, a lot of time was taken up by scripting, editing and filming from different angles, a lot of thought went into it. Keep an eye out for us in future, and let us know if we're improving or not.

don't we will, did you get anyone outside the group to read the script? I know you can sent scripts to the BBC and they will give you feed back on them. It takes a few months but it might be worth sending it into them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/writing/guidelines_tvcomedy.shtml

Advertisement