Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan & Becs - out now on DVD

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Do RTE have any sort of means of nurturing talent through the radio like BBC Radio 4 does in England?

I was thinking one of those new digital stations might be sorta like that perhaps?
    I can just imagine some of the horror that they would have. Better to just send our talent to England and then have them return to do a show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Well aren't you a lovely pleasant being.
    I only wanted to know what you meant. It made no sense to me. Why would he not call it Irish if it was Irish in every sense?

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Well aren't you a lovely pleasant being.
    I only wanted to know what you meant. It made no sense to me. Why would he not call it Irish if it was Irish in every sense?

Because I obviously mean British and most people would have just seen that, realised what I meant and moved on.

Because I obviously mean British and most people would have just seen that, realised what I meant and moved on.

You could've just edited it mate. No need to get snappy. Anyway... back to topic, I suppose...

You could've just edited it mate. No need to get snappy. Anyway... back to topic, I suppose...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055437721

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

and written by linehan and matthews who are living ikn the UK for well over a decade. RTE burned their bridges with dermot morgan. we send comic geniuses abroad.

IT crowd is fairly moronic. Theres a lot of wasted talent in that show.
    IT crowd is better than 99.9% of comedy ever produced by rte.

zuroph wrote: »
    IT crowd is better than 99.9% of comedy ever produced by rte.

That .1% being Upwardly Mobile.

lol :)

that .1% being paths to freedom and dan and becs.

lol :)

that .1% being paths to freedom and dan and becs.

Nah, Paths to Freedom I will give you. Soupy Norman is another.

• Advertisement

Nah, Paths to Freedom I will give you. Soupy Norman is another.
    was disgusted spin the bottle was so bad.
    soupy norman was ok, but it got a bit stale very quickly.

was disgusted spin the bottle was so bad.
    soupy norman was ok, but it got a bit stale very quickly.

Yeah I actually went to the cinema for it. What a shame.
    Soupy Norman Pat Kenny special is gold.

i'll admit to not seeing the pat kenny special, i will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well why can't I get Baywatch Nights on DVD then? Thats right, because it is complete **** and there is no demand for it.

This Baywatch Nights?
    http://www.mediadis.com/video/detail.asp?id=177571

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

its Irish.
    If it was funded by an Irish organisation but featured Irish everything else then you would not call it an Irish program.
    Use your little mushy brain and work it out.

Nope, it was too confusing for my mushy little brain, so I read it out to an extremely clever Professor of confusing things, and he reckons you're talking bollocks and all. He says you probably made a mistake and might want to edit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

and written by linehan and matthews who are living ikn the UK for well over a decade. RTE burned their bridges with dermot morgan. we send comic geniuses abroad.

We used to. But even now when RTE is far, far more receptive to interesting and new comedy ideas, the fact remains that the best talent will enevitably use it as a springboard to the UK and its land of money hats, no matter how nice RTE is to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Freddie Cork

its Irish.
    If it was funded by an Irish organisation but featured Irish everything else then you would not call it an Irish program.
    That makes no sense. :confused:
    Well why can't I get Baywatch Nights on DVD then?
    Eh, you can. :rolleyes:

On a roll here, eh?!

That makes no sense. :confused:

Eh, you can. :rolleyes:

On a roll here, eh?!

1. It was explained earlier, simple slip that a person with average intelligence would notice, correct in their mind and not get confused. Well done on failing that task.

2. No you can't. Show me some evidence of it being released on DVD.

Wouldn't even bother Freddy... He takes pride in his muppetry...

Wouldn't even bother Freddy... He takes pride in his muppetry...
    Prove me wrong on either point. where can I get Baywatch nights on DVD? You can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Climate Expert is trying his hardest to live up to his recent prestigious award. His antagonistic attitude is pushing alot of peoples buttons. Rein it in, or you'll be taking a break from TV.

Prove me wrong on either point. where can I get Baywatch nights on DVD? You can't.

I can get one by using the link in post #75 in this thread.

The one thats not in English and was never released in the UK or USA?

fisting-videos_4_2597_si.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You didnt say it had to be either.

What difference does it not being released in the US or UK make anyway?

i think climate expert is awesome.

Stekelly wrote: »
    You didnt say it had to be either.

What difference does it not being released in the US or UK make anyway?
    Because people there have taste in TV which was my point. The serieshad no demand for it except for oddballs like myself. I've been looking for Baywatch Nights for years but unless I source rip or a copy of the VHS then its lost to me forever.

Tsk. You're such the goalpost mover. You just said no one could buy it on dvd, and to prove you wrong if anyone could. You didn't specify any conditions.

Anyway, here. Try this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

They did (on-screen) put me in mind of the swarms of Rugby oafs and Stepford Trophy girlfriends that I was unfortunate enough to have to regularly deal with in the Stillorgan / Foxrock area recently.

Maybe that's the problem with it, so - that if you weren't from there you just viewed it as unbelieveably irritating and missed most the "parody" angle completely ?

Mind you, I still can't understand that - why would you want to watch TV to be irritated by the type of people that you'd obviously avoid in any other circumstance.

I've the same issues any time I see Ms Bouquet from that TV show; she'd annoy me ANYWHERE - on TV or in the pub or wherever, so I've better things to do than watch it.

Watched 5 mins of 2 or 3 shows, and in all cases I found it pathetic, irritating and unfunny.

Advertisement