Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions: 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Kieo

the buses will strike
    the trains will strike
    the taxis will strike
    the hospitals will strike
    the gaurds will strike
    the teachers will strike.....
    .....and hopefully one of them will hit the target..
    lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

6th wrote: »
    Ok following on from Predictions: 2008 & Predictions: 2007 now we have .... Predictions: 2009.

I predict next year's thread will be called Predictions: 2010 :D

So anyone got any far out predictions for the coming year?

6th did any if your 2008 predictions come true?
    Disaster at sea in the waters on this side of UK - 7+ dead.

Death of a young well know singer (not Britney smile.gif)

Last year I predicted a major find in an irish missing persons case and didnt get it .... I still think its on the cards.

Big news with regards to a mircle ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Not really :D but if you read t hrough the thread there was something on a missing person being found. I didnt feel that was related to my prediction though.

Are you using magic powers to predict things or are these wild guesses??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I'm going to make a prediction here based on a dream I had last night...

My dream was that I was standing on O' Connell Street across the road from the GPO and a funeral cortage was driving down O' Connell Street, it was a state funeral, the coffin was on a military gun carriage and there were many black hearses behind the gun carriage. The size of the crowd along with the number of military involved with the funeral, indicated that it was either the Taoiseach or the President who had died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I'm going to make a prediction here based on a dream I had last night...

My dream was that I was standing on O' Connell Street across the road from the GPO and a funeral cortage was driving down O' Connell Street, it was a state funeral, the coffin was on a military gun carriage and there were many black hearses behind the gun carriage. The size of the crowd along with the number of military involved with the funeral, indicated that it was either the Taoiseach or the President who had died.

A prediction or wishfull thinking? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I hope those 2 arent related in any way!

Anyway my predictions are:

• The murder of a English footballer
    • The discovery of lost or new breed of cat (big cat).
    • Obama will overcome a major event

Thats it for now.
    I think that cat one came true. Not arsed checkin it out. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

LCDeelite wrote: »
    * Sean Penn will win a 'Best Actor' Academy Award for his portrayal of Harvey Milk in 'Milk'.

* Jade Goody will die this year. (Sorry for the pessimism, but the prognosis simply doesn't look good). :(

ding ding ding,

but looking at these predictions now they look .... well, very predictable, hindsight spose :D

I predict,
    good weather this summer
    Ireland to qualify for the world cup finals
    A dub to win the Euromillions jackpot
    and a bad one
    Osama Bin Leden to raise his head again

Well the Jade thing was said after news broke she was going to die. I remember because i heard it on the news first and then read it here.

With regards best actor, it was really a 2 horse race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

What I predict will happen;)
    • Btw the end of the year, Obama popularity will dwindle.
    • More talks with USA and EU, to bring the world currency a reality:(
    • Big companies all aound the world will further lose its global dominance.
    • Even greater fear mongering on Media networks in western countries.
    • This will be the first year the Elites will use new pilot schemes to introduce media channeling into the likes of Google/Youtube.
    • More censorship and control of the internet also.
    • Tensions will will rise between China and USA especially.
    • Money for the first time in history is showing signs of complete destruction. (it is my belief the money system will end, the global currency is a mechanism, which they are trying to implement so they can have further control of the monertary circulation on the planet.
    Well that's all I can say for now

Conclusion, this year is about deception. It's going to be people who are trying to be aware of reality "stuck in the grey" people who are not aware, are either black and white about issues. The world has been shocked in 2001. Every year since, we have be experiencing this global shaking as I would call it. 2008 was the year where humanity is becoming aware of it now. It was the year when all that could go wrong went wrong. It was the year the Bush Admin left there mark and left office. But the ruling elites have begun the next step. 2009, a year where the ruling powers, have realised that the masses are slowly waking up

2009 is going to be an interesting year;)

• Advertisement

1. Georgia will be a greater focal point for Obama's team.

4. Iran's nuclear programme will expand, causing greater concern to the US; but the US will be too preoccupied with steadying the delicate situation with Hamas.

And to top that, Iran's popularity amongst the people of the world will rise. The media brainwashing by the western media is only making the lies more apparent.;) Fool us with Iraq, Fool us with Iran, I don't think so.

But again, this is the year of questioning.

and military operatives - and its network of radical terrorists.

6. Pope Benedict will experience some health scares from mid-2009 onwards.
    Nothing serious, I doubt that statement.

7. Tom Cruise's box office success will diminish this year.
    Hollywood is already slumping.
    [/quote]
    12. Ireland will vote 'yes' to Lisbon second time 'round.[/quote]

No, it's actually going to be the opposite. People are waking up to the secret agenda with Lisbon.

People are realising that the Nazis and all the old closets are opening and rising. EU want to swallow Ireland into its mouth. I don't believe people will be this stupid to vote yes, already after democratically voting no already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

War and a off-white guitar.

Theres a thing called the webbot project which claims to be able to predict world events through computers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TinyFlynn

i shall get many girls, the opposite of last year ! haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

... With regards best actor, it was really a 2 horse race.

Who was the other horse?... 'War of Attrition'?! :pac:

mysterious wrote: »
    Hollywood is already slumping.

Is it?!
    http://www.contentagenda.com/articleXml/LN953155369.html

The film studios are buying less movies and slackening off in their provision of jobs for people, that's been glaringly apparent, but moviegoers' attendance is stronger than ever.
    The former (less movies receiving backing) can actually only be a good thing because it will result in an emphasis on thoughtful quality over mindless quantity.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-ap-box-office,0,3846159.story

2008 Vs 2009 opening weekend takings~ a few examples

* 'Quantum Of Solace'- 27 million
    * 'Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa'- 8.1 million

* 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop'- 33.8 million
    * 'Gran Torino'- 22.2 million

31 of the movies in this 362-numbered list (http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross?region=world-wide) of the all-time worldwide highest grossing films were released in 2008.

This contrasts with a total of 14 films released in 1998, that are featured in the above list.

http://blog.mlive.com/projectmayhem/2009/01/civilization_continues_to_crum.html

Hollywood seems to holding up quite well, based on the recent and current takings.

In any case, my 'prediction' DID NOT state, "Hollywood's overall box office success will diminish this year"- in actual fact, it read, "TOM CRUISE'S BOX OFFICE SUCCESS WILL DIMINISH THIS YEAR". See the difference? Apparently not

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477882,00.html

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/04/22/tom-cruise-meddling-leads-to-pricey-rewrites/

... 2. Russia will grapple with a steadily worsening economic situation, not helped by the behind-the-scenes power struggles between Medvedev and his predecessor Putin...

http://jutiagroup.com/2009/03/25/russia%E2%80%99s-economy-is-in-a-deep-freeze-will-medvedev-give-putin-das-boot/

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1877377-2,00.html

... 3. The current strength of the Euro - it rose against the Dollar and flattened the Pound for much of '08 - will hit a few setbacks from late March onwards. The new EU president, Vaclav Claus, will be in the news during this time- possibly due to his outspokenness, amongst other things...

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/daniel_hannan/blog/2009/03/26/vaclav_klaus_warns_against_the_eus_soviet_tendencies

http://www.goethe.de/ges/eur/en4456300.htm

http://www.euranet.eu/eng/Archive/News/English/2009/February/Czech-controversy-in-Brussels

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/03/09-2

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/mar/09/climate-change-deniers

2009 is the year of unpredictablity.

Even the master pupeeteers don't know what to do after years of been in control. The NWO which was not created by ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIENS, it was some other race but not alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllliens of course. are also off the ball. I mean race not aliens.

But one prediction that is true, Obama just cant stop bull****ting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

In October of 2010 a red star of unknown origin shall appear in the night sky. Its baleful glow will herald the doom of our race as ancient powers arise once more for a titanic battle over the blood of humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

faceman wrote: »

A natural disaster in June will claim many lives

the air france flight maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Natural disaster would suggest an earthquake, flood etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It was hit by lightning :)

There's always a way to shoehorn it in there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

There have been 2 earthquakes so far this month with a rating in excess of 5 but fortunately little or no casualties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

turbulence is that not natural?? my point is you predict a disaster (natural or otherwise) for june you where pretty close in my book

Well a few facts that are interesting, for whatever you believe of prohecies and 2012.

Eactly 1600 bc, they were major catylsms in the known world. earthqaukes, floods and islands in the medditerainian collapsing that even includes much of Santorini. They were other events too, just can't remember them at this time.

But what is interesting though the nibru/or red star phrophies, are linked to this, as every 3,600 our solar system hits the dense plane of the galaxy and our dwarf star orbit comes close to us where one of its planets flys by jupiter and mars, making the whole solar system wobble like jelly as it proceeds through our orbits.

Again you can say the same, for 5,200 years ago, 8,800years ago and 11,400 years ago and so on. Our planet has cylces that brings great changes to our planet. Maybe this is why the eyptians and mayas were so obessed in predicting the future so they would survive such catylsms.

So to my point. We are due another major event, i know we are, but I ask you what do you think. Do you think we will not get such an event because society is so stupid and arrogant in thinking that we the people would never think an event could happen. Society is a dumbing down agent. Watch the simpsons and drink some duff beer. If the asteroid comes society will tell us there is no life out there, no asteroids, no arrmageddens and no big blue cheese in ouir orbit.

Just sit at home and watch CNN, because CNN holds all the info you need about life in general.

faceman wrote: »
    There have been 2 earthquakes so far this month with a rating in excess of 5 but fortunately little or no casualties.

Earthqaukes are on the rise, if you look at Italy and Mexico.. China last year. And England just off cornwall had a minor tremor too.

The earth is getting more turbelant, and its not man made global warming that is causing it. It seems only natural to think more earthquakes will be common place if this is the pattern.

dade wrote: »
    turbulence is that not natural?? my point is you predict a disaster (natural or otherwise) for june you where pretty close in my book

They don't know if it was turbulence.

I aslo predict that world wide trust in society and governments would plummet this year further.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

mysterious wrote: »
    I aslo predict that world wide trust in society and governments would plummet this year further.

Considering the global economy is in the toilet, that's not a hard prediction to make!

Advertisement