Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions: 2009

Options
  • 24-12-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok following on from Predictions: 2008 & Predictions: 2007 now we have .... Predictions: 2009.

I predict next year's thread will be called Predictions: 2010 :D

So anyone got any far out predictions for the coming year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

britney spears gets pregnant again and has a mixed race baby :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The location of missing boardsie, 6th, will be discovered and he will be alive and well. He will soon after start posting on boards again.

A natural disaster in June will claim many lives

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

faceman wrote: »
    The location of missing boardsie, 6th, will be discovered and he will be alive and well. He will soon after start posting on boards again.

A natural disaster in June will claim many lives

I hope those 2 arent related in any way!

Anyway my predictions are:

• The murder of a English footballer
    • The discovery of lost or new breed of cat (big cat).
    • Obama will overcome a major event

Thats it for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Here are mine which are all based on some odd dreams I've had over the past week.

1.A scandal of some sort involving archbishops, graveyards and money.
    2.Someone killed by a white lion. I know this happened in a zoo somewhere a couple of months ago but I think it'll happen again.
    3.Another money thing, maybe something to do with school or college fees which will lead to protests by students.

There were more but I forget them. I wonder if I just wrote down all the dreams I can remember what percentage of them I could link to an some event somewhere (after the dream):D Tenuous links- probably all of them:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Advice to all non gifted people,

Don't bet on antything on this thread, I've lost money 2 years in a row !!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Liverpool will win the premiership,Munster will win the Heineken Cup & Yvette's paranormal TV will become huge in popularity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

1. Attempted assassination on Obama
    2. War with Iran
    3. Massive earthquake in the states
    4. The Pope will die
    5. Major global event (scale of which has never been seen before)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

I can predict something that won't happen............. a long hot summer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

hellboy99 wrote: »
    1. Attempted assassination on Obama
    2. War with Iran
    3. Massive earthquake in the states
    4. The Pope will die
    5. Major global event (scale of which has never been seen before)

So a pretty shit year then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Oh I have one.

In 2009 Amy Winehouse will be doing duets with Elvis in the afterlife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Grimes wrote: »
    So a pretty shit year then?
    So my crystal ball says :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Economic situation to become even more dire. I think Lisbon will pass the next time round. Amy Winehouse is destined to join the 27 club so shes safe enough this year. Major breakthrough in cancer prevention or curing but funding will hamper its immediate success. Whitney Houstan will die of a drug overdose. Mary Harney will once again be exposed as corrupt but will ignore the bad press and once again not resign! Thats all for now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Mary Harney will once again be exposed

I just got a lil sick in my mouth!

I predict a riot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

1. Georgia will be a greater focal point for Obama's team.

2. Russia will grapple with a steadily worsening economic situation, not helped by the behind-the-scenes power struggles between Medvedev and his predecessor Putin.

3. The current strength of the Euro - it rose against the Dollar and flattened the Pound for much of '08 - will hit a few setbacks from late March onwards. The new EU president, Vaclav Claus, will be in the news during this time- possibly due to his outspokenness, amongst other things.

4. Iran's nuclear programme will expand, causing greater concern to the US; but the US will be too preoccupied with steadying the delicate situation with Hamas.

5. There will be noticeable tensions between India and Pakistan in mid-2009. Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) will be feeling the pressure to reform, or possibly stage a military coup to safeguard Laskar-e-Taibe (LeT) - the radical Islamist network that reputedly enjoys support from Pakistani intelligence and military operatives - and its network of radical terrorists.

6. Pope Benedict will experience some health scares from mid-2009 onwards.

7. Tom Cruise's box office success will diminish this year.

8. From late January, watch for big developments in legal proceedings, especially related to the rights of individuals.

9. There will be a bit of a ruckus surrounding the orchestration of Britney Spears' Circus tour near the end of March (approx. March 23rd), possibly culminating in her firing her tour manager, Wade Robson. Not quite all of her mental health skeletons have been cleared out of the closet, but the support of her parents will pull her together.

10. Catherine Zeta-Jones will be in the news in the latter part of this year for her in-the-works, upcoming portrayal of Cleopatra.

11. Harrison Ford will enjoy continued movie success that will surpass his previous successes, leading to a Golden Globe nomination in early '09.

12. Ireland will vote 'yes' to Lisbon second time 'round.

My 2 Cents...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

UFOs in the shape of Chinese lanterns will land on the lawn of the Aras! And the Paranormal forum will be temporarily closed due to the exceptionally heavy traffic caused by the amount of "I Told You So" threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

UFOs in the shape of Chinese lanterns will land on the lawn of the Aras! And the Paranormal forum will be temporarily closed due to the exceptionally heavy traffic caused by the amount of "I Told You So" threads!
    haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I tried of hearing bad news :(

So I am staying positive and saying all problems will be solved and even though we are told its going to be a tough year we are going to say fcuk it I am going to have a great one and we all will :D

* Sean Penn will win a 'Best Actor' Academy Award for his portrayal of Harvey Milk in 'Milk'.

* Jade Goody will die this year. (Sorry for the pessimism, but the prognosis simply doesn't look good). :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭psychic-hack

A bit late in putting these up here...

- Taoiseach to suffer cardiac incident.

- Sinking of luxury cruise liner...no fatalities

- Strange phenomenon in the north west of the country

- More gold discovered in northeast

• Advertisement

~ There will be some new developments regarding OJ Simpson's incarceration. I don't think it's going to remain a case of 'Lock him up and throw away the key'.

Some new evidence might come to light that results in the case being re-opened, or something to that effect. Either way, 2009 isn't going to be an altogether entirely bad year for OJ.

He's actually naturally a lucky person who tends to land on his feet, but his impulsivity and rashness have always been his weak points, negating the former somewhat..

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

he wont be out ,,,,he is done what you have to look out for is the OJ Simspon story,,,
    he was lucky once before he won the earts after thet but when there is footage of everything that prediction is out the window

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    he is done what you have to look out for is the OJ Simpson story,,,
    he was lucky once before he won the hearts after that but when there is footage of everything that prediction is out the window

No-one knows for sure about anything- which actually strongly underlies this predictions thread anyway.

If someone had told me two-three years ago that the world would be in a recession, I would have been hesitant to believe that possibility- but look at where we are now.
    .. he wont be out..

I never actually pointedly said that he will be released from jail.
    .. but when there is footage of everything that prediction is out the window

Exactly. When there is footage and/or any stories about any of the predictions made in this thread, then we can be certain. That's the whole point.

In the meantime, I think it's a bit precipitant of you to blithely suggest that the OJ prediction is "out the window". How do you know for sure?

I wouldn't even consider my own view incontrovertible either, but I'm throwing the prediction out there nonetheless- 'nothing ventured, nothing gained', and all that. Anything can happen. Everything is in a constant state of flux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JohnGalt

I predict that a lot of nonspecific predictions will come true, while major events will go completely unpredicted

Unless I now go by the name of Stevie Wonder, I can see that any predictions I've decided to put down here aren't non-specific.

Maybe I shouldn't have bothered writing anything of a predictive nature here, seeing as various, constant, keyboard-schmoozing illuminati seem to be distressed by a few prediction-averse bees in their bonnets..

Gee, wOw- why do I get the semi-paranormal (ha) feeling of deja-vu here yet again??! :rolleyes: Helloooo cynicism!!

JohnGalt wrote: »
    I predict that a lot of nonspecific predictions will come true, while major events will go completely unpredicted

Wow, I'm still reeling in awe at what a weighty contribution that statement is to this thread.

Then again, I suppose I'd have strongly justifiable reason for feeling wholly cynical too if I lived in an urban utopia like Finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

LCDeelite wrote: »
    Then again, I suppose I'd have strongly justifiable reason for feeling wholly cynical too if I lived in an urban utopia like Finglas.

And this contributes what? Other than insulting about 100,000 people!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

LCDeelite banned.

• Advertisement

That just happened :eek:

See Paddy power paid off on Utd winning the treble . There is a prediction for you .

Advertisement