Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobbies / Sports / etc

Options

Comments

Feel embarresed tbh of my lack of hobbies compared to the rest of you...
    Sport is a thing that I never really got in to but I hope that might change this year, if anyone wants to become a partner for this resolution, pm me!
    I spend my time thinking of ideas for stuff usually computer related...is that a hobby?
    I work a lot too and usually waste my paycheck:(
    I do websites but usually lose interest in them after a while and they are left...
    Most of my spare time is wasted but gonna change that this year...hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoeJoe9

Soccer - Striker + Captain for my team (Its a really low level though:rolleyes:)
    Gaelic - Currently in a bitta of a tussle for the LCB position (Much much higher level btw)
    Have a PS3 but i've kinda gone off it over the last few months (Used to be big into it though)
    Go to the Gym a lot as well (Great craic)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

it's always stuff like this, and orals in school, that make me realise i have no hobbies...

i don't do any sports, i'm not in any clubs or anything...
    bah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lol, I never noticed this thread before...

juggling! :D and things juggling related :) I love balance arts, unicycle, rola bola, walking globe (I love having one in my kitchen :D)

When I have time for other stuff (juggling and college, in fact juggling in college, dominate my life) I like reading, reading boards, playing tennis, running (away from people, towards buses, whatever...), ultimate frisbee, rock climbing, snowboarding, minesweeper (should possibly be in the addiction column), computer games and programming.

[pedant]oh and I know it's ages ago, but PHP stands for 'PHP : Hypertext Preprocessor' ! =P [/pedant] yay recursive acronyms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Don't have a huge amount at the moment, but once the oul Leaving Cert is over I'm taking up either Muay Thai/Kick-boxing or I might re-take back up boxing.:cool: Take up a few sports and stuff when I hit college aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

wow i never thought i'd fit in so well
    i'm a bit of skitzo jock-nerd
    i play gaelic now ,cant wait till i start playing rugby in college next year
    alo hope to take up parkour once i get into civilisation
    the "other" me likes:
    the internet boards.ie and youtube
    but i have a secret passion for mmo's and rpg's in general atm i play
    runescape as a member
    planeshift
    rakion
    but i als actually ENJOY school(being a farmer that's really weird)and like to know random tidbits of info (and biology is my s***)
    but i never tell anyone cos nearly everyone i know is a narrow minded tool whose only goal is to get wasted when the oppurtunity arises and so the whole "skitzo" effect arises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Just noticed I've posted in every thread on the first page of C&H apart from this one. 'm obsessive, the lack of a little arrow beside this one is killing me.

Uh, I like to play the guitar.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Guitar is great. I might be recording a song this week! :D

Excited-ish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Oh, sweet. How'd you manage that? I was supposed to be playing for my singer friend in a talent show last Friday but I had to be in Dublin... Prize is 2 grand and a recording session!
    She got through anyway, so maybe she'll want me for the next round.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Live Music Society in college is hoping to put together a CD, I'm trying to worm my way into it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sh4128

Running-most addictive sport ever..racing is just mental,the rush,the nerves,the endless amounts of training it al pays off when u cross the line b4 any1 else

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

kateos2 wrote: »
    it's always stuff like this, and orals in school, that make me realise i have no hobbies...

i don't do any sports, i'm not in any clubs or anything...
    bah :(

Er...photography? You numpty! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

playing the guitar,

sports;
    cycling-distance
    running,
    swimming-had to give it up for a few months because of the l.c
    weight training.

I also play a mean air guitar.I'ts good cardio!:D

I really want to get into playing poker...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Also do some parkour..
    Just saw this now,would you be the same challengemaster from pkire ?
    oh and Parkour is the besterest "sport" ever :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

been on boards about a month and only saw the teenage bit here
    madness :D i love it though : )

Anyway, I also love Irish Dancing - Been doing in nearly 14 years
    did the odd bit of tae kwondo and salsa bt they wernt for me
    I read an awful lot too, nothing better than a good book :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just MMA for me
    Thing is taking over my life slowly but surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Sports...play badminton all during the year, about 4/5 times a week with weekends away at competitions every few weeks...love it :D Over for the summer so now its tennis, swimming, walking or my preferred lazing around :p

Hobbies...play the piano but id love to learn the guitar, usedta be really into reading and any random computer games but with studying all year got outta those habits and havnt got around to any of that stuff again! Spend too much time on the internet now but meh...its fun :D

Biggest thing gotta be music tho...the radio is on in my room like constantly, when im on the computer ive got music channels on in the background, mp3 (fúckin ancient thing, need to get me an ipod) goes with me everywhere, and i sing when no one can hear me :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Hobbies: Music, I play a small bit of guitar (ignored it during the LC), language learning (4, so far), World and normal cinema, surfing the net

Sport: Did taekwondo, but gave it up as I wasn't great at it. I swim as well. Also I'm toying with the idea of taking up rugby in college. Although my coordination is bad and haven't succeeded in team sports I don't know whether to take the plunge. It seems like a great sport to play.

I'm also taking up reading and cooking this summer. I'm also supposed to learn to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've recently taken up photography, which I love. Not very good at it at the moment but learning! I also love camping, hiking and the outdoors in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I spend all my time online, mainly here, cracked.com and digg.

I also can program (mainly C++), but very rarely actually do it, on the off chance I get an idea of something to make I dismiss it as too hard/easy/big/complicated and just come to boards instead.

I don't think there's anything other than that to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I got a new bike the other week so my new hobby is cycling about til I get bored of it I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Just MMA for me too, do a bitta kickboxing too. I'm in the civil defence too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

3127_92650002221_635772221_2480331_2311260_n.jpg
    Doing what I do not particularly well in the Isle of Man at Easter.

Also running a good bit these days, got to get fit and lose a bit of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Well, I'm starting to resurrect photography since I kinda ignored it during the LC. Though its been a long time since I've gone hiking or anything resembling serious exercise, i might give it a stab again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm interested in/my hobbies include...astronomy, swimming, gaelic football, RUGBY, swimming, watersports in general, member of Red Cross, love reading and researching. I've gotten a small bit obsessed with boards lately. :pac: When I'm not doing all that, I'm out and about or at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

I do the odd bit of producing,im 14 , been told ill be very good when im older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I do the odd bit of producing,im 14 , been told ill be very good when im older.
    That's just a polite way of saying you're no good now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Stopped doing a lot because of the leaving cert. So I'm trying to get back into it all.

I love:
    Reading,
    Running,
    Lifting weights,
    Playing xbox,
    Playing guitar,
    Making music.

I still haven't gotten back in to them as much as I'd like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i like reading, listening to music, looking at world and normal cinema, walking playing tennis (im $hite but i try :)) and i like different languages. i used to love going swimming when i was younger but gave up because i became really self-consious about myself, also camogie was a big part of my life up until about 1st or 2nd year i prefered to keep my mind set on school work and such, was thinking of getting back into it but i'll see. oh and dancing who doesnt like dancing ha ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

does anyone think the leaving has ****ed up there lives i use to play golf the hole time know i never play.

Advertisement