Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobbies / Sports / etc

Options
  • 23-12-2008 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭

Well? What's yours.. (also I'm surprised this hasn't been started already!)

Mise:
    Photography is my big thing for hobbies.. clickeh mah sig for pics :p
    I'm also fairly mad into PC gaming and anything tech.. I R TEH 1337 P\/\/Nz0r

Sports-wise, I do Taekwon-do (ITF) [1 year so far] and did Karate for about 7 years.
    Loved the bit of surfing I did in TY, so when I'm out of the midlands, thats being learned properly. So is snowsports \o/
    Also do some parkour..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

If you're trying to confuse me by using 1337 it's not working xD besides I don't use that I just talk sh!te.

--

Used to do Taekwondo, started when I was about 10, got as far as yellah. Stopped. Went back aboiut three years ago got as far as green. Haven't gone in a while. Very off and on again sort of thing going on. xD TTA ftw.

Others include reading, scaring chavs, terrorising the general public, being loud in general, being told to shut up on the bus is also fun! Jones is also a hobby of mine. xD Eating excessive amounts of sugahhh. Staying up late. Danger Diaries LOLOL. Anything computery. I miss the sims but duty calls, ie if I had the sims I would epic fail teh leaving certz. I love sketching, photography (don't get me started on manual and auto because i don't get it so shut up kthx), music, swimming, dangerous activities, outdoor activities, would love to go bungee jumping orrrr skydiving or white water rafting or anything like that. Love animals, we have many pets here. :P I love buying things but generally not for me, I happen to be very giving thank you very much xD

So many others.. when I remember I'll edit. :P

--

editing already... into Webdesign aswell. Taught myself Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Hyper Text Preprocessor (PHP), mostly PHP includes though. Started my first website when I was nine and progressed throughout the years. Haven't updated my site in a while though, fair to say it's kinda dead. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

rhapsody! wrote: »
    If you're trying to confuse me
    Jaysus, not everything is about you missus!

Wimmin!:pac::rolleyes:

Lmao.
    ooooooooh we ARE proud. xD

Anyway.. ontopicism..

travelling, i love going on trains or planes, dunno why. Most of my friends fear/hate flying. As my dad says, it's not the flying they're afraid of, it's the crashing. pmsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

as a teen, i was into bodyboarding in the summer, kickboxing, camogie, and playing bass.

now i play bass occasionally, and dedicate most of the rest of my time to surfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

hey

i like all sports, soccer, football, hurling and basketball, and even some rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Photogrpahy,
    Rugby,
    Cycling

Picking up small travellers at school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Lmao.
    ooooooooh we ARE proud. xD

Anyway.. ontopicism..

travelling, i love going on trains or planes, dunno why. Most of my friends fear/hate flying. As my dad says, it's not the flying they're afraid of, it's the crashing. pmsl.

How do they know whats its like?
    Most people are only in one plane crash....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I play the violin, piano and I sing. Sports can fo, I don't like them!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,223 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gaelic Football would be my main sport to play, at an official level. But play soccer aswell the odd time.

As for hobbies, well its mainly about the music. Play drums a bit, listen to hours of music daily. Football Manager is another great hobby:D

anladmór wrote: »
    hey

i like all sports, soccer, football, hurling and basketball, and even some rugby.
    You do realise there's more sports than that... :pac: :p
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    Picking up small travellers at school
    I think if you throw them, it could be a new sport.. picking them up though.. naaah. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im in a stage school so i dance and the like a fair bit.

read way too much...too hard to keep up with enough books.i practically eat them!

go horseriding each weekend,love jumping!

bit of an internet addict aswell

thats generally what i do when not with my mates anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Was on a football team for about 7-8 years and I've been drumming for about 6 months now, and I like to think I'm pretty good considering how long I've been playing

Ricky91t wrote: »
    How do they know whats its like?
    Most people are only in one plane crash....

lmfao.
    no what he meant is they're afraid of the possibility of crashing..
    and that...
    umm...

go back to Spartaaaaa.

lol :)

Cycling?

Damn suspension nearly KILLED me once. I was warned beforehand though not to pull both brakes.. but a dog jumped out of the ditch on a bend and snap, suspension kicked in, bike bounced, I flew. I actually FLEW over the handlebars. Banged my head off the road, my hands were in shreds xD Luckily I was wearing a helmet at the time or I probably would have been comatose for a long time. Perhaps dead. :P

Damn suspension nearly KILLED me once. I was warned beforehand though not to pull both brakes.. but a dog jumped out of the ditch on a bend and snap, suspension kicked in, bike bounced, I flew. I actually FLEW over the handlebars. Banged my head off the road, my hands were in shreds xD Luckily I was wearing a helmet at the time or I probably would have been comatose for a long time. Perhaps dead. :P

Nah, Unlikely, as I'm not dead :p And I hit my head off concrete steps when I went over the handlebars.(took a small chunk out of them too) - Only got a fractured skull, jaw, and lots of pain...

I was going downhill very very very fast, sharp bend, stupid dog, hit the road exceptionally hard, couldn't breath for what seemed like forever. Could very well have DIED! well probably not but I would have been fairly concussed. xD
    Do you think this is some sort of death competition?
    I have a scar where I was bitten ON THE FACE BY A DOG.

Muahahahaha.
    lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm a bit of a standard nerd tbh, gimme a computer, a TV and some junk food and I'm happy. I considered getting real hobbies but then my WoW tournament started

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I read and write a good bit. Was keeping a notebook of ideas for a while, but it proved to awkward to always have in a pocket. I also like cooking.

Sportswise, my main one is shooting. Mostly Olympic target rifle, but I also shoot game and any other target disciplines I get a chance to try. I spent years playing rugby in school, but it's been a while at this stage. I like most sports to some extent or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

Sport:
    1.Hurling
    2.Bmx
    3.Badminton
    4.Gaelic
    5.Running

Hobbies:
    1.Guitar, Gutar, Guitar
    2.Trampoline
    3.Reading (don't really get much time for it though because I'm always wrecked by the time im in bed and during the day im always on the go)
    4.Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I swim, that is pretty much the extent of my sporting abilities...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

I don't do sports much except yoga (which is more of a relaxation activity) and I love reading. And singing in the shower. And terrorizing my brother's cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Well for moi it's :

Hobbie's: Making/Editing video's then throwing them up on Youtube (Check my sig if you want to see any of them :pac:)

Sport's: Mad into rugby and doing weights when I have a chance(mostly in the summer)

Thats about it...............:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Big into video games (and the competitive element to it - my second full time job is the website :D - sig).

Love sports too (so my passion for the latter element may come into play here) - avid supporter of Munster and Formula 1.

And of course, a fan of music...Tastes seem to change by the day and like finding new bands (although not always that patient to listen to something new if it's on my MP3 player for some reason - as opposed to flicking through related links on YouTube or music channels). Don't get to play my gee-tar anymore though.....need to get back into that!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

My (main) hobbies:
    -I'm mad into my technology and gadgets. Have nearly every gaming system going, and also have 2 laptops, including one running linux which I adore.
    -I've just got a new camera, so photography will be my big thing in the coming months.
    -I play the clarinet
    -I read and write a lot. This ties in with my college course though as I'm doing Journalism. If you ever meet me in person, it's very likely I'll have a newspaper or magazine with me.
    -I watch a lot of football. I mean a LOT. Also, a large amount of my time is spent playing Football Manager. Those who know will know what that means.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

-Sports: goalkeeper in Gaelic football and soccer; rookie rugby-player (training in the back row, never played a match); athletics (some small races, entering my first duathlon in February), watching bits of everything on TV

-Music: playing guitar for 4 years, very basic tin-whistle, love singing, listening to music

-Writing poetry (100 poems written now, 2 have been published)

-Reading (some books mentioned in other thread)

-Internet: Boards.ie, fakedogfilms message board, Bebo, Youtube, Facebook

-Other: like thusspakeblixa, I got a new camera, and should be starting some photography soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

drumming,
    and running in to things in order to accomplish something,i believe its called rugby.

i also read,a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I play rugby and have been for several years and just love all aspects of it.
    Used to swim but ran out of time for it =( Qualified as a life guard last year :cool:
    Then just play guitar and if i have any spare time i like to rescue small little puppies from burning buildings:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Hobbies: Gaming, Eating, Sleeping, TV, Apple Pie.

Sports: Blankity Blank. Does Wii Count?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Photography
    Dancing
    Reading
    Being out in nature, generally
    Writing
    Music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

1. Football
    2. Football