Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

mite as well start training

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

monday7th...went out 4 an easy 5miler that turned into a hard 6miler:confused:.was reduced to listenin 2 rocky 2get me home.my legsfelt like they were on the tailend of a 20mile race......6

tuesday..9th went to the forest for asneaki 5k.after last nites hell run decided for the fun option- jumpd in every puuddle and muck bit i could find much to the annoyance of my fellow club mates(ex) who probably wont wait or try and find me if i get lost again.........3

thrsday 10..finished work early:D due to nice weather,as i was on the north side i decided togo to portmarnock,i parked in white sands ,seemingly where all the good people go:cool:,and met up with aquagirl.we ran to malahide and back adid an xtra bit on the beach and got in for a sneaki swim .very enjoyable run and i think isaw a fellow boardsie,maybe rusty cogs?...6k

snday 13th after nearly a month of rest,i began my dcm:eek: training today,waitedtil it got a bit cool and went for a sneaki 4 mile run in about 28mins,felt really good and could of went on but theres always tomorrow....4:)

monday....did a 3.5 k loop of clane
    tuesday ..did 8 k with mantradave in lexlip, while ultradaughter did athletics training.first three in a row days training in ages andidnt feel tired,so lookin 4ward 2 2moro.......11.5k

• Advertisement

wednesday....3.5 miles.....4 days in a row dat ron hill fella better watch out:D......................

friday 18th ...did 4 k with mantra dave last nite around clane last nite in his new lycra,hence his club name of lycra dave,(maybe he can do thestory of naked dave)vicariously dave?....4k
    up early for a sneaki 4 miler(shouldnt of had dat guinnes or wine).off to a wedding now:D,,happy days ...........4miles

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mantra Dave

class race report. Its even done in the style of the one and only ultraman.

:eek: Au contraire Slogger! I think you'll find all my spelling and grammar to be correct!

sunday ...did about 15 in the park in glourois sunshine in about 2hrs20.most enjoyable run in a while,could of went on and on and on....15

monday.did my usual 3.5 loop in 27mins.can see the improvment in speed little by little ,though bolt hasnt got too much to worry about.and i seem to have injured my arse:rolleyes::rolleyes:........3.5

• Advertisement

tuesday 22nd...did 8 k wit mantra(naked,lycra)dave around lexlip,a nice relaxed run wit a little pace.my toenail fell off last nite so can i call my self a runner now?...and before any tells ye "i love strictly come dancing"....8k

ultraman1 wrote: »
    and before any tells ye "i love strictly come dancing"....8k

Ah, FFS! I was saving that particular piece of info for a special blackmail occasion!

thuuuursday..did the bones of 10k wit the club,didnd feel gr8 legs were heavy and heart rate was high,better lay off the custard cream sambos..10k

sumday 27th....got out atnite for sneaki 3.5 mile run,another crap run,didnt feel great ,knees a bit sore,heart goin like jo 90,mite have to reassess dcm:mad:,ibv only done about 80 mile sincemid august:eek:............................3.5

That's more than I have all year! You'll make it! Can't let that other club member beat you...:D

monday ...did anotha 4k ,didnt feel good:confused:......4k

tuesday ..met wit manta dave for a easy 5 milerish,wasnt too bad ,got my new mizuno's today so they mite help as i have me last pair since march(dam recession).........5 mile(ish)

thursday...got a sneaki mornin off so went out wit mrs ultraman for an easi 5k,seeing as she missed her run last nite.we did half of the donadea 10k route which is filling up nicly......5k

pm ..met wit mantra dave for a 10k run ,didthe first half pretty snappy and couldnt get goin on the way back.....10k

sunday..4th....did a 6 miler afta work dis evening,didnt feel great again.me legs feel like they belong to someone else,namly a 80year old man crippled wit arteritis.,dont know weather to run through it or rest up until marathon day:eek:..help......6miles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Knowing you, you could run it off over a couple of days.

tuesdauy.. did about 17 in the rain rain went to the city from the park and some of the marathon route back to the park ,a bit of castlenock and did the sneaki hill at chapelizaed and finished uop the kyber pass where i ran outta petrol and aquagirl left me for dead......my first and last LSR for the dcm:D.....17

• Advertisement

Knowing you, you could run it off over a couple of days.
    think i shoud of stopped a month ago;)

tuesday ..pm...forgot id organisd to run wit a friend tonite,so on wit the runers and out again for a sneaki 6miler round lexlip,got a few cramps but they went wen i destroyed a green area..:eek:.......6

monday...12th did 5 mile wit the oh in the am and did 8 in the pm wit diggy98....................13

thursday 15th...did 8 wit the cluub around naas in 67mins which was ok for me,......8

satreday 17th...after a few nips lst nite wit a certain birthday boy,was a bit hng ovar,so did a 5 mile for my penance,legs are still a bit stiff so am lookin forward to a nice months rest after DCM to year zero for another start of years training.weighed myself on my daughters wii today and the result is iv a BMI that rick waller would kill for.so have vowed to lose 10 kg b4 conn ultra as i dont fancy luggin my lard all around that course.nxt year im not gonna do so many marathons,but have 2 races in mind i really wanna peak for........5

wednesday ..i think this is the worst prep ever for any race ive ever done.cant seem to get motovated to go out and do any run,but i did see spirit of marathon last nite,that counts for cross training....i think.....0

the rest will prob do you good and you'll end up flyin it!

Advertisement