Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Give him 10points

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

vibe666 wrote: »
    so you can't imagine a situation where you are driving up close behind an ambulance (close enough to stop disgruntled people in the traffic blocking you off) and the ambulance (which is big enough that you will have difficulty seeing round it) having to brake sharply and you not being able to stop in time and piling into the back of him?

if you can't see the inherent danger in what you are doing then you shouldn't be on the road at all.

If I'm sitting in traffic for 40 minutes going nowhere because some stupid c*nt on the M50 was texting while driving, I'll do whatever I can go get out of it. I wasn't endangering anyone, by the way, you weren't there, so you can't speak for the circumstances with regard to speed or risk.

It's grand when your from the back arse of beyond and don't have to worry about getting hemmed in on our national car park for hours every week because some idiots in this country cannot drive on a straight f*cking motorway without running into someone. When you've experienced that a few times, you'll soften up your attitude pretty quickly.

By the way, those "highly trained Garda drivers" I've seen referred to on here a few times, are the same folks who would think nothing of keeping thousands of drivers stuck in standstill traffic for hours while they f*nny around at a crash scene.

I'm not talking about being delayed for 5 minutes here, I'm talking about a complete traffic f*ck up on the M50, caused by some BMW driving idiot who was too busy looking out his f*cking window to see who was noticing him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Daragh29, what I think you seem not to understand is that using an Emergency Service vechile as a blocker is not a done thing and may lead to you being put off the road for a while. Just because you had a bad day does not allow you to change the rules of the road. What if everyother driver decided to do what you did?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

robbie99 wrote: »
    And therein lies the irony! :D

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,073 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

vibe666 wrote: »
    next time you think about doing it consider the possibility that you could cause the ambulance to be in an accident and as a result of that someone who is possibly minutes from death could end up losing their life because you were being a selfish cnut and couldn't wait an extra few minutes in traffic.

+1
    in fact darragh29, why not just slash your wrists and then call your own ambulance?
    Down there for dancing monkey-boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Dartz wrote: »
    It's the internet.

I place this alongside those people who belt up bus lanes or the hard shoulder, then expect you to let them in at the end, and insist on flipping you off....or trying to trade paint...when you don't. Some people are just daft, impatient and stupid. And the stupidest ones post on the internet about it, not understanding how bloody stupid they are and how much we are all laughing at them for not realising how stupid they are...repeatedly.

Retarde...Douze Points!

It doesn't upset me at all, it just makes me screw my eyes shut and for a moment consider that evolution may have started going in reverse. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Darragh29 wrote: »
    By the way, those "highly trained Garda drivers" I've seen referred to on here a few times, are the same folks who would think nothing of keeping thousands of drivers stuck in standstill traffic for hours while they f*nny around at a crash scene.

If you could pass the week long basic advanced Garda course then you can mouth off about their driving all you like. If you can pass the more advanced test for higher powered motors in Traffic Corps then you're welcome to question their judgment at accident scenes.

Crass, selfish queue jumpers are right down there with tyre slashers and paint scratchers in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Daragh29, what I think you seem not to understand is that using an Emergency Service vechile as a blocker is not a done thing and may lead to you being put off the road for a while. Just because you had a bad day does not allow you to change the rules of the road. What if everyother driver decided to do what you did?

Where is it stated in legislation that I am not allowed drive behind an ambulance??? Is it Iraq I've been driving in???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Where is it stated in legislation that I am not allowed drive behind an ambulance???

They can't legislate for every single bit of idiotic driving possible.

It has to be expected that drivers DO use the bit between their ears sometimes.

At this point I'm beginning to believe that you are simply trolling.

Thread now closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement