Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bees dying off, a sign of the Apocalypse?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

1) Lads play nice, RTDH has presented us with something new and fresh to the forum, you berate him for repeating the same aul sh1te over and over again, and yer berate him for new stuff, yet most of ye have nothing positive to contribute to any of these threads.

starn, watch yerself, as you have previously been warned about posts like that.

having sdone a bit of a Google ot would seem that this is true, there is also a correlation to attempts to wipe out African Bees in the late 90's and this plague that is affecting the honeybees now.

So some of you dont forsee a massive problem if we lose the Bees??

Seriously howe about a bit of critical thinkin on the matter from the proplnents of logic here, rather than cheap shots at ohne of our regular posters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

King Mob wrote: »
    Oh then it must be true.
    For god's sake get a grip.
    Well I did "get a grip" and dismissed his theory as hogwash a long time ago. :)

He warned me not to accept a "barcode" or any other form "tattoo" for identity purposes, . When one comes to think of it a tattoo would stretch with age giving a false reading and would be absolutely useless as a positive form of id Have you ever used the self service checkout in Tesco? :rolleyes:

Little did he know about subdermal implants that get under your skin.:eek:

666-hand.jpg[

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well I did "get a grip" and dismissed his theory as hogwash a long time ago. :)

He warned me not to accept a "tattoo", "barcode" or any other form of "skin tattoos" . When one comes to think of it tattoos stretch with age giving a false reading and would be absolutely useless as a positive form of identification. Have you ever used the self sdervice checkout in Tesco? :rolleyes:

Little did he know about subdermal implants that get under your skin.:eek:

666-hand.jpg[

Yea your theory is just as good.

Seriously no-one takes the **** you post in anyway seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Really Mahatma, i dont see the link between bees and the NWO or RFID. Can you please tell RTDH to debate and stop posting images in nearly every reply. Its really not helping his "arguement" and amounts to (minor) scaremongering when coupled with Jebus stuff.

Sorry for the edit but seriously... wtf is this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58344347&postcount=13
    Is that allowed?

King Mob wrote: »
    Yea your theory is just as good.

Seriously no-one takes the **** you post in anyway seriously.
    Some people only believe in what the media tell them. :rolleyes:

sheep_tv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Im sorry I might of gone a bit overboard in a privious post. But really this is just nonsence.

MC if you can follow RTDH points can you please explain it to us. All Ive seen are silly posters sheep. Im just completely lost here. As far as I can see it goes something like this

Bees Dissapering - Bees have larva - Larva look like RFID chips ??? - hence bees larva are being stolen and used to make RFID- bibe says something - we are at the end days - Everyone gets turned into sheep - But Bill O reilly still has a TV show

Is this what saying RTDH or do I have it all muddled you.

Where exactly is this thread going. Can you stop posting picture and the question please.

Some people only believe in what the media tell them. :rolleyes:

sheep_tv.jpg
    Ahh wtf. This is trolling and and non debate! Its not "debunked" or new evidence thats being posted. Its not debate either as is referenced in the posts above. Thats killing this forum.

Can we all just strt posting pictures of anything we like cause Id like to see some playboy bunnies please and less sheep. Ill put my hands up yes I was a little nasty to RTDH earlier. But this is completely ridiculous, its clear to everyone RTDH your trolling and I for one will be boycoting this thread an suggest to everyone else that they do the same until you start to justift and defend your points instead of putting up ridiculas posters

I gather you only take what you see on television seriously. :rolleyes:

sheep_tv.jpg
    No I don't watch TV. Cept when I'm at my parents and usually it's the discovery channel not Fox News.
    The internet is my main source of news and information. And unlike you apparently I can identify reliable sources instead of ones that seem to support my rediculous theory.

• Advertisement

RTDH, stick to discussint the Bees topic ONLY, we have other threads for the RFID, and theres even a special thread for posting of 'Hilarious' Sheeple pictures

Because the disapearing/dying Bees are something that should be taken seriously.

we need to raise awareness on this topic and formulate a solution before it becomes too late.

So Back On Topic Please

Really Mahatma, i dont see the link between bees and the NWO or RFID. Can you please tell RTDH to debate and stop posting images in nearly every reply. Its really not helping his "arguement" and amounts to (minor) scaremongering when coupled with Jebus stuff.

Sorry for the edit but seriously... wtf is this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58344347&postcount=13
    Is that allowed?
    You can only blame one poster for "causing" me to post images, the same poster that persists in continuous troll with absolutly no contribution for the sake of argument.

As for the "Jebus stuff" you are in the wrong thread because the title is all about the diminishing bee population in relation to the Apocalypse which is also a "Jebus" topic.

Re pictures, if you are scared of reality issues such as propaganda as one poster mistakingly calls it you can switch off your images in your user CP options.

RTDH, stick to discussint the Bees topic ONLY, we have other threads for the RFID, and theres even a special thread for posting of 'Hilarious' Sheeple pictures

Because the disapearing/dying Bees are something that should be taken seriously.

we need to raise awareness on this topic and formulate a solution before it becomes too late.

So Back On Topic Please
    I try to hold it on topic the best I can but for one poster in particular has a habbit of attacking my posts just for the sake of it with absolutly no valid imput into the topic or any topic for that matter.

I am well aware of the bee problem having kept several hives in the 1970ies with my folks. We had 6 at the end of the garden at one stage and gave them up after the old man got stung in the troath.

Has CCD reached Australia yet?

RTDH, I'm askin you as a mate, please can we discuss the rather serious ramificartions of the loss of the worlds Bee population without references to God/Allah/theDivvil/Cthula/the FSM............................

what have you read so far abouthtis vampiristic micrtobe that infescts the Bees airways?

have you seen anything that connects it to the experiments to control the African Bee outbreak of the late nineties.

do you think someone is deliberatley destroying the Honeybees to bring about a Famine

or did someone just arse up in trying to control the African bee problem and now we have an escalating crisis brought about by a lack of forward thinkin by the Americans a few years ago

This is just ridiculus. Why dont you rename Bees dying off, a sign of the rapture. Apocalypse since the 1950s has been a catch all term the end of the world. So it shouldnt nessarily have any religious conintations. Why dont you start this thread in the Christian forum and see how long this thread would of lasted there. Before its locked and deleted and your banned

They wouldnt put up with it there and I cant understand why its put up with here.

Im sorry if im going of nasty or condecending. But this is going no where. As far as I can tell Bees dissapeing and Sheep watching TV have absolutly nothing to do with each other, and that is me finished on the topic. Im not even going to think about posting in this thread until it it is well back on topic, and RTDH I actually do think we should be concerned about CCD.

You can only blame one poster for "causing" me to post images, the same poster that persists in continuous troll for the sake of argument.

As for the "Jebus stuff" you are in the wrong thread because the title is all about the diminishing bee population in relation to the Apocalypse which is also a "Jebus" topic.

Re pictures, if you are scared of reality issues such as the Verichip you can switch off your images in your user CP options.
    So back to the old "oh your a troll therefore I don't have to answer you."
    Is it possible there is someone who is interested in Conspiacy theories and believe they are wrong?
    Obviously not, because in your world anyone you doesn't believe you without question is a "Sheeple."

But getting back on topic. There is no reason what so ever to believe that colony collapse disorder will lead to anything other thaan less bees and sensationalist headlines.
    Remember how the NWO used bird flu to their advantage?
    Oh wait...

starn wrote: »
    This is just ridiculus. Why dont you rename Bees dying off, a sign of the rapture. Apocalypse since the 1950s has been a catch all term the end of the world. So it shouldnt nessarily have any religious conintations. Why dont you start this thread in the Christian forum and see how long this thread would of lasted there. Before its locked and deleted and your banned

They wouldnt put up with it there and I cant understand why its put up with here.

Im sorry if im going of nasty or condecending. But this is going no where. As far as I can tell Bees dissapeing and Sheep watching TV have absolutly nothing to do with each other, and that is me finished on the topic. Im not even going to think about posting in this thread until it it is well back on topic, and RTDH I actually do think we should be concerned about CCD.

remind me again, which one of us is the HMod of this Forum?

might I politely suggest that you get back in yer box and stay quiet

this Forum is more than just someplace for you to be nasty and condescending towards people you dont understand or agree with.

I have ahd a words with RTDH, I And other Mods have had words with you previously regarding your conduct here.

lets leave it at that for now, and remember kids

Play Nice

RTDH, I'm askin you as a mate, please can we discuss the rather serious ramificartions of the loss of the worlds Bee population without references to God/Allah/theDivvil/Cthula/the FSM............................

what have you read so far abouthtis vampiristic micrtobe that infescts the Bees airways?

have you seen anything that connects it to the experiments to control the African Bee outbreak of the late nineties.

do you think someone is deliberately destroying the Honeybees to bring about a Famine

or did someone just arse up in trying to control the African bee problem and now we have an escalating crisis brought about by a lack of forward thinkin by the Americans a few years ago
    I doubt if anything done was deliberate,

I would say there are several contributory factors, the vampire mites being just one, The increase in pestilence and sprays used against these on crops did not help either. Some say Mobile phone radiation, I'm sure that this could be tested in laboratory conditions.

When we kept bees we had to deal with "nozema" and "American foul brood" which were serious diseases that killed off hives and destroyed any honey crop.

Dose anyone know if bumble bees are effected?

Blop

Starn, you were doing well up until the previous post. You really were. I was going to back you on this issue and this thread has gone as I thought it would or maybe as it was originally intended? I was going to commend you keeping your cool with RTDH and not giving in to that urge to get nasty like the one i have been feeling. Anyways I will continue myself..
    RTDH wrote:
    You can only blame one poster for "causing" me to post images, the same poster that persists in continuous troll with absolutly no contribution for the sake of argument.
    That is not an answer to my question, you keep doing this lone image with no text shiite because you cannot debate or defend the issue at hand.
    Ok, turn every conspiracy into some religious thing and see where that gets you. I used to admire your preserverence, now that i know your tactics and your "non debate" style I no longer care whether you still post here. I care if Diogenes , Starn, the Economist and anyone else i have had run ins with post here, because as argumentative and impossible that they can sometimes be they still can debate and they and I will give it a good reasonable lash.
    Re pictures, if you are scared of reality issues such as propaganda as one poster mistakingly calls it you can switch off your images in your user CP options.
    It is nothing more than propaganda. It does not tie in with any sort of reality. I will not switch off my images because there are people here that can make me laugh or care visually without completley screwing it up.

"Reality issues", thats laughable, were it not borderline depressing also. Id honestly rather paint you and maybe Gareth as trolls, because if i really really knew that ye were being serious, id lose faith in the evolution of the brain and the ability of people to see through or disregard complete and utter ignorance.

This is not an attack, this is me being serious. And i know you'll just shrug it off and not take in a word im saying, because help is not what you need, fantasy is a safer place for you. You see merit in photoshop images that mean absolutley nothing, you post these images as a rebuttal to an argument without any opinion of your own.

"Reality Issues". Thats depressing.

• Advertisement

Starn, you were doing well up until the previous post. You really were. I was going to back you on this issue and this thread has gone as I thought it would or maybe as it was originally intended?

No your right apologiese all round
    Sorry MC, Sorry RTDH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Let's lighten things a bit here
    starn wrote: »
    Can we all just strt posting pictures of anything we like cause Id like to see some playboy bunnies please and less sheep.

as requested ;)

And possibly relevant as well :D

LA8412.jpg

there was something on the telly last night about Bees, seems we're not as immune as we thought over here :eek:

a sudden loss of all the bees would be quite the catastrophic event, not dissimilar to biblical descriptions of the onset of the apocalypse

Bagsy the Pale Green horse if we're gonna go all biblical on it ;)

Colony Collapse Disorder is what Wiki's calling it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_Collapse_Disorder

I'd like to know what the other religions fundies are calling it. Buddapocolypse?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I imagine they would just develop hermaphrodite self pollinating plants. You can buy feminized cannabis seeds to give you female plants (more potent). A big problem with the technique used is that they often produce self pollinating plants, and growers do not want them pollinating. AFAIK they have to go to great lengths to stop this, i.e. it is easier to make a self pollinating hermaphrodite. Dunno if the same would be true of other plants.

yeah, but how soon do you think ythaty sort of thing can berolled out globaly, into the wild etc...

consider what would happen if there weer no bees to pollenate the plants

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yeah, but how soon do you think ythaty sort of thing can berolled out globaly, into the wild etc...
    Don't know TBH, but I know the cannabis breeders are nothing special. You hear crap of genetically modified strains which is BS, they just use primitive enough techniques, 1 plant can produce 10,000 seeds, in turn if you grow them out each 10,000 could potentially give 10,000 in return, exponential growth on a rapid scale. These seeds are spread by birds and the wind, and of course humans.

I would imagine fungus has huge potential for genetic modification for food purposes, amongst many other things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI5frPV58tY

yeah you could make more plants of some description but the amount of biodiversity trhat would die almost overnight would be something shockin

Humanity may be able to feed itself for a while but the changes to the world around us would be massive

I'm wonderin why the 'Global Warmin/Climate Change/ We havent a feckin clue whats happenin' crowd havent jumped on this.

oh yeah this is something tangible as opposed to the wishy washy doom-mongerin they usualy partake in

oh yeah this is something tangible as opposed to the wishy washy doom-mongerin they usualy partake in

*Cough*
    yeah you could make more plants of some description but the amount of biodiversity trhat would die almost overnight would be something shockin

Humanity may be able to feed itself for a while but the changes to the world around us would be massive

• Advertisement

Thats a bit of a knee jerk statement. Can you qualify it a little and give soeme examples please. GM crops are designed to be more resistant to disease and to provide a grater yeld. Where not talking about 6 ft carrots and 100 ton cabbages here.

I wonder how long it would would take to engineer a self pollenating food crop. Im sure its already been explored, if not already ready to sow

Advertisement