Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is vampire the new emo?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

An Fhile wrote: »
    Next Hallowe'en will be interesting, if interest in this Twilight series continues to grow...

Ick what a nigthmare.

More kids like Butters!:P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Ick what a nigthmare.

It couldn't be any worse than the army of Jokers running around 5 weeks ago!

Imagine if Gotham became a teenage culture fad.That would be amazing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There'd be social experiments and coin-flipping everywhere!

It would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Emos never had a book driven revival.

What about that girl who rewrote Harry Potter into a emo series with awful grammar and spelling surely thats leading the way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Stev_o wrote: »
    What about that girl who rewrote Harry Potter into a emo series with awful grammar and spelling surely thats leading the way :p

Oh dear god no...:pac:

Though Potter is pretty emo- the hair, the glasses, the moodiness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Is vampirism that drastically different a fad from emo though? It's the same bullcrap with mildly different aesthetics like? There was a subset of emos who were into self harm as some kind mode of expression, lots of talk of bleeding black tears, eternal love etc. And none of that was too dramatic a departure from what goths had already bitched and moaned on about. I dream of a day when it all gets a bit more original and all the cool kids are like...being happy and not pissing me off. That'd be sweeeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I dream of a day when it all gets a bit more original and all the cool kids are like...being happy and not pissing me off. That'd be sweeeeet!

The cool kids arent emo though........ Emos are on the margin, dramatically uncool!

Fad wrote: »
    The cool kids arent emo though........ Emos are on the margin, dramatically uncool!

I remember like three years ago, the emo kids were definitely on the (ahem) cutting edge of coolness. But yes, their time has passed, thank ****.

• Advertisement

I remember like three years ago, the emo kids were definitely on the (ahem) cutting edge of coolness. But yes, their time has passed, thank ****.

Where?

I have never heard them being refered to as "Cool".

Several places. This was before the term itself was widely used, I certainly hadn't ever heard it when I saw my first one, and by the time the term was widely used (nd was being used to refer to an idividuals "look" and attitude rather than the sound of a handful of bands)emos weren't cool anymore. So I've never heard them referred to as cool either, actually...but yeah, few of my friends in the states still claim they were emo before it was cool. And I remember walking through Dublin and Galway with my friends and going "wow, she looks cool" whereas now I'd go "wow, she looks exactly like that group of twenty other fifteen year olds I just passed two seconds ago"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Emos actually a kind of punk from the 80s for some reason.

Then they were reborn a couple of years ago. It's just a social group. Nae point worrying about it.

Emos actually a kind of punk from the 80s for some reason.

Then they were reborn a couple of years ago. It's just a social group. Nae point worrying about it.

hear hear

Leasts its not as bad as where any person who listened to rock was labeled as a "kornhead" years ago, twas a fairly strange label indeed

Back in secondary school, I remember walking past the allegedly 'uncool' kids- they were the biggest social group in the whole school yard, yet claimed to be 'mis-understood'.

Oh, the irony...:P

Leasts its not as bad as where any person who listened to rock was labeled as a "kornhead" years ago, twas a fairly strange label indeed

Ah, I haven't had that yelled at me for a few years now...*nostalgia*

Acacia wrote: »
    Ah, I haven't had that yelled at me for a few years now...*nostalgia*

Was ironic considering at the time everyone LOVED Limp Biscet how we were young and naive

Was ironic considering at the time everyone LOVED Limp Biscet how we were young and naive

Oh god, the embarrassment....:p I actually thought Fred Durst was cool. *shakes head in shame* :o

Oh god, the embarrassment....:p I actually thought Fred Durst was cool. *shakes head in shame* :o

I just remember everyone saying "Wow you should listen to this band all they say f*ck over and over again" and we were all like damn thats just amazing. Thank god things changed

• Advertisement

I just remember everyone saying "Wow you should listen to this band all they say f*ck over and over again" and we were all like damn thats just amazing. Thank god things changed

Yeah, or with Slipknot it was like, ''You have to listen to them- they wear scary masks and are Satanic!" :pac:

Yeah, or with Slipknot it was like, ''You have to listen to them- they wear scary masks and are Satanic!" :pac:

I hated them when i was younger (And still do for more musical videos) they just annoyed me! Least society has come on a bit more from such terms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

Ah I think it'll be longer before the emos die down. They'll be here for a good while longer! But to be honest, I'd rather emos than a steryotype born from a book!

What the deuce?

Old thread is old!

An File wrote: »
    What the deuce?

Old thread is old!

Old poster is old and been missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Dazzler is missing? Frightening stuff.

On the other hand, to delve back in time. I prefered the emos to the vampire tbh. I have noticed it around a tiny bit, especially with the ones who were emo. Pics with blood and ****. I wouldn't mind but atleast emos tried to look good...

Sorry but how the f*ck do people wear vampire as a style? Is it just Halloween constantly for these people or something?

Sorry, but who the fúck keeps dragging this thread back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

*shrugs* I don't mind, if you don't want to post in the thread or read it then dont!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Savage, still passionately dislike South Park :)

If this Twilight film is a particularly big success we could be suffering the Heath Ledger's Joker effect, I am worried......

A common misconception. No matter have deranged the fanboy comes, most fans do not go around dressed up as Heath Ledger's Joker other than for Halloween. Sure, you might have a few fanboys who dress up in their room and post pictures on the interwebz. And yeah, you might get the odd fanboy who was so upset at Ledger's death that he went to work in full Joker make up. But you will never see this on a mass level.

:pac:

Advertisement