Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores Closing in Sligo **mod warning post #720**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Castle Davitt seems to have closed. All the front is blanked out with white paper.

Edit: this is in preparation for the sale and not closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

T-Bird wrote: »
    Castle Davitt seems to have closed. All the front is blanked out with white paper.
    They've a full page ad in The Champion saying there's a sale starting in the 6th. Probably preparing for that.

sligojoek wrote: »
    They've a full page ad in The Champion saying there's a sale starting in the 6th. Probably preparing for that.

Phew, because I think it's one of the good ones.
    Going to change my post to remove possible negative news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Going to change my post to remove possible fake news.

FYP :D

mewe wrote: »
    FYP :D

Nah, that's just so cliche :p

• Advertisement

#veryfakenews

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭butterfly28

Does anyone know if the Tractor and Lawnmower Repair Shop beside Toffs is closed? Have passed by there a few times in the last week and it hasn't been open. Just wondering because they are great for repairs at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Does anyone know if the Tractor and Lawnmower Repair Shop beside Toffs is closed? Have passed by there a few times in the last week and it hasn't been open. Just wondering because they are great for repairs at a reasonable price.

Thought that closed a few year's ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭onlyonpaper

I think it is. Go to Paddy McDaniel in Carraroe...about 100 yds past Filans ex house. He is technically very good. Can be a bit grumpy but seems to go with that particular business

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Closed a few years back after the fella running it died suddenly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

There's a place in Rathcormack too. Turn right at Collins' pub and about 200yds down the road on the right. They looked after me a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Zim Zam Takeaway is getting the boot for not compiling with health and safety

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=45893

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Vlove wrote: »
    Zim Zam Takeaway is getting the boot for not compiling with health and safety

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=45893

It was only for a day according to this

https://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Monitoring_and_Enforcement/Enforcement/Enforcement-Orders-Closure.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

prodsc wrote: »
    The quote was from Sligo Today, which is not exactly the best source to quote from. Crap "newspaper" at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Does anyone know if Jodis Boutique is still opened? It's just the website and the facebook page is gone :/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Vlove wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Jodis Boutique is still opened? It's just the website and the facebook page is gone :/
    No, think it's been closed up for a few weeks now.

If only more washed up soap stars opened fashion shops here: Kylie's Khaki's, Jason's Jeans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Jodies has been gone for a few months.

Yum Yum in the Quayside has closed. McPartlan Opticians on Castle Street has closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Basq wrote: »
    No, think it's been closed up for a few weeks now.

If only more washed up soap stars opened fashion shops here: Kylie's Khaki's, Jason's Jeans etc.

Have you opened up any sort of business in Sligo yourself? Its easy to dismiss people who try. Id rather people made a go of things than just sitting on the internet criticising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Have you opened up any sort of business in Sligo yourself? Its easy to dismiss people who try. Id rather people made a go of things than just sitting on the internet criticising.

I also presume she didn't run the shop on her own either, meaning she gave employment to a few people.

It was a crap location to be honest, that and most of the town would rather go out of town 'because there's a M&S there sure' rather than shop local.

rizzodun wrote:
    It was a crap location to be honest, that and most of the town would rather go out of town 'because there's a M&S there sure' rather than shop local.

Plenty of women buy clothes in Sligo. The location was crap and the clothes were terrible from what I've been told so you can't really blame the shoppers for that.

• Advertisement

mewe wrote: »
    Plenty of women buy clothes in Sligo. The location was crap and the clothes were terrible from what I've been told so you can't really blame the shoppers for that.

Any shop that goes in that location is doomed from the start. It was a poor money grabbing design imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Any shop that goes in that location is doomed from the start. It was a poor money grabbing design imo.

Are you one of the knobs who complains about the lack of choice/shops in Sligo while knocking every business who gives it a go?

sligoblue wrote: »
    Are you one of the knobs who complains about the lack of choice/shops in Sligo while knocking every business who gives it a go?

Wtf? Where in my post did you read that? It's s type of question that simply has no explanation.

Btw I was in about the building itself and not the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Any shop that goes in that location is doomed from the start.....

I think a nice little newsagents would do well there in that unit

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

I think a nice little newsagents would do well there in that unit

It definitely needs something that doesn't have a targeted customer base like a newsagents. Anything relying on someone randomly stopping hasn't worked. The Sligo Rovers shop did well when it was there a few years ago for Christmas but I don't think it would have the pull year-round.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It's far too hidden away, seems to be only good for pop up or seasonal stores.

a nice little basic newsagents - selling papers/magazines, fags, (ice cream cornets of course :D) lotto tickets , sweets , little coffee machine, a few doughnuts or whatever - be a little goldmine there - lots of passing trade with people going in and out of the Quayside SC entrance 68.gif 91.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

a nice little basic newsagents - selling papers/magazines, fags, (ice cream cornets of course :D) lotto tickets , sweets , little coffee machine, a few doughnuts or whatever - be a little goldmine there - lots of passing trade with people going in and out of the Quayside SC entrance 68.gif 91.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel it was a newsagents back in the day and look how that ended up!

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel it was a newsagents back in the day and look how that ended up!

oh right, i stand corrected then - I dont remember, but there you go. If you say it was I believe you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Not so much a store, but there used to be a car wash down along Ballast Quay that I've not seen open in about 6 weeks. Pity, as they used to be good too.

Advertisement