Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Leaving Certificate Timetable

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

My leavings exactly 2 weeks and only 1 full day... Not bad... Hate IRISH soooo much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Great, religion on the day I'm meant to be going to work in the gaeltacht! Grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I only have one full day! not finished until the 18th :mad: most of my friends are finished on the 10th :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not sure why they say they've been extended by 20 minutes, they were the same last year, and they said they'd been extended last year too. I assume it's some technicality issue with the SEC or something.

I'd say they'll leave it there for a couple of years to make people notice. I'm glad they did anyway, my teachers still work from the old times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Didn't they say they're gonna get rid of the added time on those exams? I remember there was a thread about it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Aye, now that you mention it, I remember that too. It was a newspaper article though, so either it was purely speculative, or the SEC since changed their minds. Thank god for that either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tevez101

stop being ridiculous people..there is no time extention..the time allocated for the history exam has been extended ever since the introduction of the new course in 2006..the notice in red in the time table has been there since then too and there has been no calls for the time to be extended further since then so it would be a little out of the blue for the department of education to go extend them for some unknown reason- not possible

end of discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tevez101

the thing thats pi**ing me off with this time table is the fact they have moved physics back a day to accomadate chemistry..now people sitting physics and accounting have to do them on the same day....far too demanding given the stresses of physics..the thinking involved in it is unrivaled and itcan wear you down like hell and its not nice to have to sit accounting afterwards...a subject that requires full concentration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Tevez101 wrote: »
    the thing thats pi**ing me off with this time table is the fact they have moved physics back a day to accomadate chemistry..now people sitting physics and accounting have to do them on the same day....far too demanding given the stresses of physics..the thinking involved in it is unrivaled and itcan wear you down like hell and its not nice to have to sit accounting afterwards...a subject that requires full concentration

Take a ****ing chill pill Carlos Tevez!

We all know that chemistry is better than physics so thats why the SEC changed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Tevez101 wrote: »
    stop being ridiculous people..there is no time extention..the time allocated for the history exam has been extended ever since the introduction of the new course in 2006..the notice in red in the time table has been there since then too and there has been no calls for the time to be extended further since then so it would be a little out of the blue for the department of education to go extend them for some unknown reason- not possible

end of discussion

Whilst recognising your undoubted authority to terminate any discussion on boards at your whim, :rolleyes:, I intend nonetheless to point out the following:

There is indeed an existing time extension of the subjects printed in red. This has been in existence since the year 2000, when it was introduced "on a pilot basis". All of those examinations were designed to be answered in 20 minutes less than the time now allocated to them. The extension was intended to accommodate people with particular reading/writing difficulties such as dyslexia. There has indeed been talk recently of discontinuing the arrangement, as many argue that it has not achieved its objective, but instead been taken advantage of by high-achieving students.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

...and by the way, the SEC presumably needs to have a note about it every year so that somebody who looks at the syllabus document won't be puzzled by the fact that the exam appears to be 20 mins longer than it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Can't believe I never noticed this thread. I'll be the one of 8 people in my year finishd on the 18th :(
    Great overall though, only have 2 days with 2 exams :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'll be finished on the 18th too...though on the plues side I seem to just have one exam every day apart from the day when I've maths and Irish together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

wow thats a nice lookin timetable finished d 17th .. ya the 8th isn great oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

lovely.finished on the 12th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Dang Italian.
    I'll be in it untill the very end!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

2nd last exam French....Last Economics exactly a week later...plenty of study time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

its an ok timetable nearly all my days are half days but im not finished until the sixteenth unforch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hey!!!

wahoooooooo finished on 12th.............ah i cant wait already!!!!:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

grr i wont be done till the 17th !!! :( and its con studies !! the one subject ya dont have to study for and they give it most space from others :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

You got a much nicer timetable than us I would of loved to have chemistry on its own day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

it's a brilliant timetable... :D

i'm repeating, and we had chemistry on the thursday after english paper 2 last year...

no joke, it cannot be done... I got an A2 in chemistry in the mocks, then a C2 in the real thing, and i'm blaming english paper 2 - it's by far the worst paper in the leaving, it just wears you out completely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MrDrifter

19th :/
    Applied maths that morning
    Music the day before, Have like a week before that, and I have like 5 half days in a row at the start too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

I love the timetable ! It works out brilliantly for me.... I have 1 2 or 3 days off before all of my HL subjects...... amazing !

I am a repeater.... so I know the horrors of English paper 2 and Chemistry on the same day... *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Why does Economics have to be so late :mad: that's eating into party time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Liam O wrote: »
    Why does Economics have to be so late :mad: that's eating into party time
    Yeah, but it's got to be a guaranteed A1 or 2. So easy, short and an extra four days study!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I can't believe that loads of people are complaining that their LC doesn't finish until late. I wish my LC was really spread out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

creggy wrote: »
    I can't believe that loads of people are complaining that their LC doesn't finish until late. I wish my LC was really spread out!

Definitely. I had all my exams squeezed into 6 days or something last year, without a break. Excluding the oul' weekend.

It was Painful, with a capital P.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Metamorphisis

finished on the 15th with physics. then it's party time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

creggy wrote: »
    It's nice in a way... you know, lots of time to do last-minute revision. On the other hand, you just want it over and done with. By the time Applied Maths came around last year, the majority of my friends had been finished over a week, and I just didn't give a damn about the LC any more. (Which led to some panic about how I did in App Maths in August... at the time though, didn't care!)

Advertisement