Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Leaving Certificate Timetable

Options
  • 18-12-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭

68710.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Im lost for words, no Chem until the 16th:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Thank god they moved engineering and not applied maths or something! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Physics on a Monday morning.:( And nearly all my mates are finishing on the 11th.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

That's grand! I like it! I'll be finished by teh 11th, and only have one exam for several of the days! Loooads of time to cram :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They moved Chemistry! Yes! Also I'm happy about the History extension. Very good timetable, cheers SEC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

To be fair, I'd rather the most spread out LC timetable so that's no need to cram or more pressure added. I'm finished on the 11th as well.

Finished on the 19th w00t, in for the long haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'd rather finish as early as possible tbh.

I'll be done on the 15th after Physics, am happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

:eek:Finished on the 19th.

Though when I decided to study Japanese I really was asking for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

not done until the 16th and only 1 day off :/

im not liking the look of that monday the 8th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Fad wrote: »
    Finished on the 19th w00t, in for the long haul.

Good oul applied maths i guess! Thats grand, leaves me 3 full days to cram the entire course in ;) And they moved it to the morning so i get it over with soon enough! Happy days!

And yeh, the 8th is my only day with 2 exams, looking rough enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Plenty of time for English anyway.

timmywex wrote: »
    Good oul applied maths i guess! Thats grand, leaves me 3 full days to cram the entire course in ;) And they moved it to the morning so i get it over with soon enough! Happy days!

Nah RE, but theres a guy in my year doing both.........

Nah RE, but theres a guy in my year doing both.........

How is he going to do that now?

How is he going to do that now?

Id say you just do it while the others are doing Japanese.

Id say you just do it while the others are doing Japanese.

But surely then you could just ask what was on the exam and cram like crazy? There's what, two-ish hours between one exam and the other?

I don't see another way really though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

But surely then you could just ask what was on the exam and cram like crazy? There's what, two-ish hours between one exam and the other?

I don't see another way really though :confused:
    You do them back to back with no outside contact during the break. (I assume you're given at least a short break.)

You do them back to back with no outside contact during the break. (I assume you're given at least a short break.)

Ah yeah, It wouldnt really be a concern to anyone who knew him though, not that the SEC operate like that.

He got 11 A's in the JC, 8 Honours subjects, you know the type :)

Ah yeah, It wouldnt really be a concern to anyone who knew him though, not that the SEC operate like that.

I wasn't worried about how well he was going to do/that he'd have an advantage. Just the SEC are all about the not cheating so I was like, he can't be in two places at once, and they won't want him to have an advantage. Just general curiosity really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Applied Maths isn't last! Daecent! Music has been moved as well I think.... A very spaced out timetable though, only two full days! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Two full days for me too... One of them's pass irish and maths so it's okay. Happy about the Chemistry, but it's my birthday the 12th so I'm not sure if I'll be able to concentrate leading up to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Finish up on the 15th with Accounting - finish all other exams on the 10th :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

not too bad at all..

have one paper every morning Wed- Fri to get the ball rolling! Have Fri 12th off and only have accounting & music the following week. C'mon Thurs 18th @ 4:45!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Oh, roll on Tuesday the 16th of June!!

I'm so so so SO glad they moved chemistry.. it was a complete bitch sitting it on the same day as english last year!
    Ah, sweet relief.

In fairness as well, there's a few people who do Chemistry and Home Ec (And geography)- I know a few- meaning their first week sucked last year..
    But how many people do both Engineering and Home Ec? Ah, the SEC, <3

I've only got 2 full days.. and lots of time to cram for Chemistry in advance! Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Not too bad only have 1 full day and I'm finished on the 17th(Economics) Thanks God English is on 2 seperate days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ewww not finished till the 16th
    stupid chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

it hasnt changed much since last year. I finished early after biology too. I cant remember if it was the 11th or 13th thought...

And whats this i hear about a History extension?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

All the red highlighted subjects have been extended by 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Are they not the same times as last year? I could of sworn it was increased last year as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm not sure why they say they've been extended by 20 minutes, they were the same last year, and they said they'd been extended last year too. I assume it's some technicality issue with the SEC or something.

Advertisement