Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Good idea. SF4 is out this Friday afterall!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Batesy wrote: »
    Good idea. SF4 is out this Friday afterall!!!!!!!!!

Is it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Hey lads, A little birdie tells me that some people think I was playing dirty in my league games. I dont like to hear that....Didn't see much wrong myself but if you did, why not tell me straight and tell me what incident you are referring to...

I play hard I admit, in an effort to defend against some of the great players in this league. I dont think I would call it dirty though. Check my record, there aren't many yellow card there, 1 or 2 from 11 games.

Just my opinion but I think thats not three bad....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

no problem here horse

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hey lads, A little birdie tells me that some people think I was playing dirty in my league games.

If you are referring to me, and your little birdy is Mr Lube aka Mr Moon I said it last night to him in one of our club games. Some of your tackles resulted in needless free's, compared to other games there was a lot more free kicks given than normal but you didnt get booked for them and there was no last man lunges so i didnt bother saying anything to you. If i felt the need to I would have said it to you so I wouldnt worry about it. Maybe your little birdy was a bit anxious to report back things to you and should know better ;)

• Advertisement

Well I like to see my players getting stuck in ya see....dont mind them referees giving needless free kicks because of it...:D

Good old fashioned football, the kind that leaves Ronaldo flapping his arms all day long...

Ah the birdie was trying to do me a favour and stop me from upsetting anyone on here seeing as I just got in....but I do hope anyone that has a problem with it steps up and says so...

At least then, I will know who's ass to whoop next time :eek:

:P

BTW, Another Birdie told me some players experienced lag while playing against me, I am an IT guy and I have done everything I can now to make my connection as smooth as possible. I tested it in a few friendlies and never suffered any lag at my end but if it happens lads, just let me know...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You seem to talk to a lot of birdies :rolleyes:

Your first birdie is known already for having a big jar of lube, he shouldnt be looking to get known for having a big mouth aswell :D

No lag when i played you for the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

A little birdie tells me

Must have been a small parrot???

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Must have been a small parrot???

Damn birds.....always in my ear bout somethin....:P

Damn birds.....always in my ear bout somethin....:P

Woof

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I wasn't the second birdie being referred to btw!!

I was just giving him a heads up about his play, but I've played duffle numerous times and have never had any lag against him or noticed any dirty play, except when he's 5 or 6 nil down!! ;)

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I wasn't the second birdie being referred to btw!!

I was just giving him a heads up about his play, but I've played duffle numerous times and have never had any lag against him or noticed any dirty play, except when he's 5 or 6 nil down!! ;)

You were the first one though Mr Mouth :D

I was just giving him a heads up about his play, but I've played duffle numerous times and have never had any lag against him or noticed any dirty play

Arent you so nice and helpful, next minute when he has his back turned out comes the lube and then...:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hey lads, A little birdie tells me that some people think I was playing dirty in my league games. I dont like to hear that....Didn't see much wrong myself but if you did, why not tell me straight and tell me what incident you are referring to...

I play hard I admit, in an effort to defend against some of the great players in this league. I dont think I would call it dirty though. Check my record, there aren't many yellow card there, 1 or 2 from 11 games.

Just my opinion but I think thats not three bad....:rolleyes:

In our game, I did notice that you were getting well stuck in but the vast majority of times you won the ball. There wasn't a single tackle that i would have considered dirty in our game. I think you have 3 yellows from 11 games which isn't damning but probably above average, so you might want to have a look yourself.

There were a number of people that went through season 1 without any card, and there will be a tournament for players who have less than a certain number of cards in the season. I personally haven't had a card since the league has begun. Maybe thats why I'm getting clattered! :rolleyes:

I'm finalising a fair play report for the Premiership and Championship which I'm going to show the number of yellows/reds per game that each player has received..

Good idea FG. Although, those stats are something wrong. I've been in leagues before where its said I've got yellows and loads of lads sent off, which didn't happen at all.

Like in the interactive league, its says my streak is -2, and I've played two, lost two, even though I've only ever played one interactive league game, which my opponent quit while I was winning... its like sometimes you don't get credited with a win if someone quits a ranked game. Not sure what way they count it, but sometimes its not right.

Although, hopefully the stats are ok for our league....

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

I have to play Pompey, Udinese, Juventus(twice FA cup aswell) and Fiorentina so if any off you guys are around I will be on tonight and tommorrow if yee wanna organise the games so I can get rid of the the backlog!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

thought i might have been out of the league? am I still in? I got a loan of my lil bros xbox till mine is fixed. who do I have left to play? Im lazy..

Jesus, the servers are gone to ****. Played around 7 ranked games tonight, won/was winning all 7, but 3 times myself and my opponent just got dumped back to the arena (I was winning 3-0, 4-0 and 7-0 at the time, all in the last 10 mins), with no record of the game ever taking place.

So oh look, getting screwed over with my record again, I either dont get credited with wins, or lose games because of random disconnects.. I've never had one of these things go in my favour by getting a win I don't deserve. 3 of my loses have been because of random disconnects, and I've missed out on being credited with around 10 wins. You'd think they'd have sorted this out!

I really do have awful luck, generally :mad::mad::mad:

thought i might have been out of the league? am I still in? I got a loan of my lil bros xbox till mine is fixed. who do I have left to play? Im lazy..

You have to play...

Roma
    Man City
    Udinese
    Seville
    Everton
    Tottenham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

You have to play...

Roma
    Man City
    Udinese
    Seville
    Everton
    Tottenham

Cheers moon, on in an hour so ill send a few invites. Damn rusty tho!

Any club matches being played tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Sevilla 6-0 Portsmouth

Finally Kanoute hits a bit of form!:D

• Advertisement

gaz15 wrote: »
    Sevilla 6-0 Portsmouth

Finally Kanoute hits a bit of form!:D

Wrong thread, should be in the results thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Does the Jan Transfer update not apply to the League??

I noticed im still playing without Keane and Defoe :mad:

Tottenham is useless up front with what Ramos had brought in compared to what they are now with Redknapp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Does the Jan Transfer update not apply to the League??

I noticed im still playing without Keane and Defoe :mad:

Tottenham is useless up front with what Ramos had brought in compared to what they are now with Redknapp

Nope cause we were already in the league before the update came out...

Any new leagues we join should have the changes made in the Jan Update.

I think thats why anyways, i could be wrong...

CKWPORT wrote: »

I think the league loads the default squads, so every league we play this season will only have the squads from the start of the season! Unless there's an option when creating the league to use updated teams??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think the league loads the default squads, so every league we play this season will only have the squads from the start of the season! Unless there's an option when creating the league to use updated teams??

That makes more sense alrite...

Sure when Season 3 starts, we'll know for sure!:D

CKWPORT wrote: »

I checked this the other night and made a new league just to see but it uses the default squads aswell so it makes no difference.

Tottenham is useless up front with what Ramos had brought in

You've two incredible wingers, two rock solid center backs, one of the fastest strikers in the league, and Pav is no slouch either, he's world class, you'll realise that if you play with Schalke, Celtic, Bremen, Udinese or someone like that.

Believe me, you shouldn't complain mate :p

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

You've two incredible wingers, two rock solid center backs, one of the fastest strikers in the league, and Pav is no slouch either, he's world class, you'll realise that if you play with Schalke, Celtic, Bremen, Udinese or someone like that.

Believe me, you shouldn't complain mate :p

Your right.....Thats why Im top *Giggles*

They seem very sluggish when I play with them. For some reason I notice that when I go 1-0 Down that my players perform better.:confused:

I guess thats why you got to experiment with Formation and positions ect...

I thought they were sluggish (compared to United) when I used them first, but there are like 4 levels of sluggishness as I have seen it, between 4 and 5 star teams.

1 - 5 star - Uniited, Barca
    2 - 4.5 star upper - Spurs, Everton, City, Atletico
    3 - 4.5 star lower - Schalke, Bremen, Villarreal
    4 - 4 star - Newcastle, West Ham

• Advertisement

I thought they were sluggish (compared to United) when I used them first, but there are like 4 levels of sluggishness as I have seen it, between 4 and 5 star teams.

1 - 5 star - Uniited, Barca
    2 - 4.5 star upper - Spurs, Everton, City, Atletico
    3 - 4.5 star lower - Schalke, Bremen, Villarreal
    4 - 4 star - Newcastle, West Ham

Haha Richie I love how you put your team in 4.5 lower and all ours in 4.5 upper, bringing out the violin again for Schalke, its a few days now since you were giving out about your strikers, surely the midfield is due a bashing now or is it just the general teams slugishness we are going for this week?? :p:D

Advertisement