Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Season 2-It begins!

Options
  • 18-12-2008 2:49pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We have had a really good Season 1 and I think we have learned alot about what works and what does not work.

The Fifa 2009 Season 2 begins on 2nd January 2009. I am now accepting applications for EXISTING players from Boards League season 1. Currently, the only player who will not be invited is Soby.

Players will be accepted into the league based on the following 2 criteria
    -Ability to play all games, based on the number of games completed in Season 1
    -Sportsmanship and the ability to play a fair game (based on number of bookings, sendings off, disconnections, %DNF and general complaints against the player)

New players may note their interest here on the forums.

I reserve the right to refuse to invite a player. Closing dates for applications is December 28th

If you feel that you have been overly agressive and have shown poor sportsmanship which may exclude you from this league, pm me separately and I will hear your case.

Please copy the following form, answer it and PM me. Do not post it here as noone is going to name a player to be banned, and it they do, it's going to descend into madness. All PMs will be held in strictest confidence.

By applying for inclusion into Boards Series 2, I understand that I must play with the highest standards of sportsmanship in mind. I also understand that I am expected to complete all my fixtures in a timely manner. Finally, I understand that I must post all my results on the designated thread.

Boards Name:
    Gamertag:
    Skill level (basic, intermediate, advanced):
    Players who should be ommitted due to bad sportsmanship from season 1:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Reason for entering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I realise now I should have PM'ed this stuff, but oh well.....I'm at work so I'm reading stuff today in a very reduced window size so I missed that bit....

Boards Name: Y2J_MUFC
    Gamertag: RichieMUFC
    Skill level (basic, intermediate, advanced): Intermdiate? Advanced? I wouldn't say basic anyways.
    Reason for entering: edit: YOU'RE MA! :D:D:D (see below!)
    Players who should be ommitted due to bad sportsmanship from season 1: I came up against some players who quit, took the last man out and fouled at every opportunity but theres no-one I specifically want excluded....except Soby, because he took the b!tches way out by quitting when he was losing games fair and square, while he was still taking out the last man.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

moz wrote: »
    Reason for entering?

Sounded good to include at the time...in retrospect, I'll take it out. I could get 26 "your ma" here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Sounded good to include at the time...in retrospect, I'll take it out. I could get 26 "your ma" here :D

Sound. PM Sent.

My previous post is updated accordingly ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Aw man getting the xbox/fifa combo for crimbo i'd better practice for season 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

so is there anyway for people who didnt play in season 1 to play?

i had asked last time but missed the cut i think

There may be some dropouts, and we may fill them with new players who have played in a mini league before the start of the league.

I may not include new players at all, but I'll know more in a few days. You can undrstand that season 1 was designed to rate and evaluate players so we could have a better season 2...I cannot throw 4-6 new players in without seeing if they are going to be idiots.

I may run a new qualifying league for season 3 which will run in tandem with Season 2 if there is lots of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

i'm not an idiot, would love to play in this and would be willing to come through any necessary trials to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

thats no bother

ill add you later on Live if you like, can try and play a few games against ye to suss it out.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Ill put my name down for a newcomer too. I will be getting new live sub soon so can play in january.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Im in the same boat as a few others. Didn't play season 1 but would love to be apart of this league, and as said by others, I'd be willing to go through trial games to prove my worthiness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

PM sent.

Whats happening with season 1? Thought we were going to have 2 leagues next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

mika27 wrote: »
    PM sent.

Whats happening with season 1? Thought we were going to have 2 leagues next season?

That'd be a good idea if it is managable, put all the new players in the lower tier!

mika27 wrote: »
    PM sent.

Season 1 is still running, but drawing to a close. We are having 2 leagues, nothing has changed there. I'm not going to flood the league with new players, but I would like 2 x 16-team leagues (32 for perfect cup competitions!)

Endakenny becomes the second player not to be invited to season 2. The reasons are as follows...

1) Not answering any mails that I have sent him regarding his status in the league, both on Live and Boards PM
    2) Ignoring everyones invites to league games
    3) Received complaints of being a quitter when he was losing

It's obvious that when he gained 1 point from a possible 15, he ran like a baby. Quitting the game is one thing, ignoring everyones messages is the sign of a baby. I'm delighted not to have him playing. Endakenny, on behalf of everyone playing in the league...good bye!

So enjoy your 90 minute-games between Paraguay and Belgium. I'm sure it's exhilarating.

Players not invited to season 2
    Soby (Soby00)-(quitting from league 1)
    Bonkers (endakeny)-(reasons above)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

oh sorry pm'ed you earlier but ok as a non season 1 guy I want in.
    I know you are putting a lot of effort into this, and it's annoying when some people throw that back in your face by ****ing around, not playing games, quitting etc.
    But with a community league like this do what you can to be inclusive :)

So enjoy your 90 minute-games between Paraguay and Belgium.

I've noticed this too, very strange!

• Advertisement

I assume it is something to do with the play time achievement - just leave the computer on and it racks up time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

PM sent.

Looking forward to season 2, although I must finish off my games in season 1!

mayordenis wrote: »
    I assume it is something to do with the play time achievement - just leave the computer on and it racks up time?

If you have nothing better to do with his time, then off with him! He could be spending that time playing us and having...whats the word I'm looking for...fun!

But he can still answer the multiple messages everyone sent. He picked Newcastle, got hockeyed in his first 5 games and decided to throw the toys out of the pram.

This is the exact reason Season 1 was a test run, to weed out this type of person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sent you a PM last night there FutureGuy.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

besty wrote: »
    Sent you a PM last night there FutureGuy.
    +1

If you have nothing better to do with his time, then off with him! He could be spending that time playing us and having...whats the word I'm looking for...fun!

But he can still answer the multiple messages everyone sent. He picked Newcastle, got hockeyed in his first 5 games and decided to throw the toys out of the pram.

This is the exact reason Season 1 was a test run, to weed out this type of person.

jesus don't get my wrong wasn't supporting him,
    only trying to give a reason (however inept of this person) as to why they had 90 minute stupid matches on.

mayordenis wrote: »
    jesus don't get my wrong wasn't supporting him,
    only trying to give a reason (however inept of this person) as to why they had 90 minute stupid matches on.

Oh, no you're fine! It was probably exactly what he was doing too! Never even knew there was such an achievement :rolleyes: Add me for a few games if you want! Well up for being beaten by new players!

Thanks for all the PMs guys. I'm too lazy busy to reply, but I'm keeping track of all applications!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Stick me down as a new player thats interested please, haven't played online yet and I'm not that good, but won't quit games or anything like that! (I assume we aren't talking 30 mins games or something).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Can all new and existing players please realise that taking down players from behind when they are moving into a one on one situation with the keeper is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!

It just completely ruins the spirit of this Boards League and if you want to play like that just join any one of the thousands of other leagues out there.

Cheers.

Advertisement