Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else sick of it

Options
  • 16-12-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Hows the exams going for everybody. I'm living in college now, so much work to do. I'm quite sick of it to be honest, the class has gone mental. We no longer function normal anymore. On top of this I've got a awful cold, FYP report due Friday, presentation friday, over due assignment Monday simply because it was un realistic to get it done as being going straight assignment after assignment for that last month or two.

Anyone else in a similar boat? - I need to talk to the outside world before I lose it. Chistmas is out the door also as all our exams in January simply because it was our fault that we came back 2 weeks later than rest of college because of work placement.

We are the guinea pigs for this modularisation system, lets hope after some evalulation they will relise that such a work load on students is far from realistic.

Sorry about the rant but had to leave it out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I think everyones fed up. Iv lost interest over the last month and have'nt been putting in the effort. I can't wait for the month off in january.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I was semesterised last year and didn't find it that bad. But this year it's been an actual joke. I haven't had five minutes to myself in months. Handed in my last assignment last friday and currently doing exams. Can't wait until friday when it's all over. Not back til end of march then as i am on work experience. Really greatful for the break from the place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Hi There,

Hows the exams going for everybody. I'm living in college now, so much work to do. I'm quite sick of it to be honest, the class has gone mental. We no longer function normal anymore. On top of this I've got a awful cold, FYP report due Friday, pre
    sentation friday, over due assignment Monday simply because it was un realistic to get it done as being going straight assignment after assignment for that last month or two.

Anyone else in a similar boat? - I need to talk to the outside world before I lose it. Chistmas is out the door also as all our exams in January simply because it was our fault that we came back 2 weeks later than rest of college because of work placement.

We are the guinea pigs for this modularisation system, lets hope after some evalulation they will relise that such a work load on students is far from realistic.

+1 to everything above. Workload is an absolute joke. And a lot of repetition. I've to build like 3 websites next semester!! And I'm doing ITS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,231 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lads, its prob cos the lecturers aren't used to this semesterisation stuff that they do so much work. I know quite a few people in CIT, they are doing crazy amounts of work, same as me in UCD really, but its just when you're not used to it, it seems like madness. My mates say they normally do very little work in first half of the year, as they are used to doing it all closer to end of year. It will get better though when modules are revised to suit the time constraints of one semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Mushy wrote: »
    Lads, its prob cos the lecturers aren't used to this semesterisation stuff that they do so much work. I know quite a few people in CIT, they are doing crazy amounts of work, same as me in UCD really, but its just when you're not used to it, it seems like madness. My mates say they normally do very little work in first half of the year, as they are used to doing it all closer to end of year. It will get better though when modules are revised to suit the time constraints of one semester.
    I'm sure modularisation is good if done properly. It isn't done properly CIT currently though as it will take years of evaluation to get the swing of things.

This year is dodgy out, no choices of modules which goes against whole reason of modularisation.
    Hopefully the second semester will be easier though I'm dreading it with the monster of a FYP i chose to do! My own fault though.

On plus side, got all doucmentation for FYP done today and delivered and done my presentation. All went well. No for that assignment....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,231 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm sure modularisation is good if done properly. It isn't done properly CIT currently though as it will take years of evaluation to get the swing of things.

This year is dodgy out, no choices of modules which goes against whole reason of modularisation.
    Hopefully the second semester will be easier though I'm dreading it with the monster of a FYP i chose to do! My own fault though.

On plus side, got all doucmentation for FYP done today and delivered and done my presentation. All went well. No for that assignment....

Haha, yeah, my mates down there were saying the same. Unfortunately ye are experiencing modularisation there in its early years. It'll eventually work out, but not for ye to experience.

Would it not have worked fto allow final years stick with the old regime, while 1st years do modularisation?

1st years had it last year so they started with it. Then this year 2/3/4 got it. To be honest, if it was gradually brought in 4 years, where only lastyear's first years experienced it, it may have being ok. But providing this flexibility might have being hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

I'm in first year and don't find it too bad but assignments are a pain in the ass for me like too many at once but i juggle it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jk47

I'm in first year and don't find it too bad but assignments are a pain in the ass for me like too many at once but i juggle it

first year projects are grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mike.230

We were the first course in Cit to try it electronic eng 3 yrs ago, and it was completely mental up to xmas alright, we had 8 end of year exams in December.. But the 2nd term was more relaxing with a big project taking alot of our time, and we didnt get any month off. So basically im saying stick with it cause your nothing without a qualification in this world.

• Advertisement

Mike.230 wrote: »
    So basically im saying stick with it cause your nothing without a qualification in this world.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

Im sick to the teeth of this semesterisation and also this month off is a joke would much rather be finished earler with a longer summer than been board and looking at the rain in january.

Anybody else doing ITS and have a bad Female lady Networking lecturer??

Hartyk87 wrote: »
    Im sick to the teeth of this semesterisation and also this month off is a joke would much rather be finished earler with a longer summer than been board and looking at the rain in january.

Anybody else doing ITS and have a bad Female lady Networking lecturer??

lol...I know exactly who you are talking about. There was serious trouble between her and our class in 2nd year ITS...

She couldnt lecture a monkey to scratch its own arse!! she needs to go fairly livley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi There,

Hows the exams going for everybody. I'm living in college now, so much work to do. I'm quite sick of it to be honest, the class has gone mental. We no longer function normal anymore. On top of this I've got a awful cold, FYP report due Friday, presentation friday, over due assignment Monday simply because it was un realistic to get it done as being going straight assignment after assignment for that last month or two.

Lads don't listen to this fella.

He's a noted belly-acher and was run out of Intel last year for moaning.

Great dancer though...

:pac:

EDIT:-

Check this out for proof:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055347896

Seinas wrote: »
    loved my course in semester one but im not looking forward to this semester at all.. i randomly came across a guys bebo page in my class and him and another classmate were mocking me in it.. I wouldnt mind but ive never talked to them and i keep to myself in college so it wasnt something i liked reading....
    That's not very nice and especially in public. Wouldn't worry about it, you get all sorts in CIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Who's this lady lecturer? You'd never know who could be reading this. Be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

overmantle wrote: »
    Who's this lady lecturer? You'd never know who could be reading this. Be careful.

she's alright...we can see that she realy want to teach us the thing but we just cant understand it prop.

I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD MENTION THE NAME HERE!!

I don't think there should be any talk of lectuers what so ever at all in this forum or their quality as it could cause this forum to close down. Think it happened the CITSU forums before.

I don't think there should be any talk of lectuers what so ever at all in this forum or their quality as it could cause this forum to close down. Think it happened the CITSU forums before.

Oh yeah.....

Watch him lah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

my boyfriend is in third year and he is wrecked from college work. he literally doesnt have enough hours in the day. he usually goes to bed at like 3 or 4 and gets up at 7 :eek: its just ridiculous.

they seriously need to sort this out. not healthy!!!!

my boyfriend is in third year and he is wrecked from college work. he literally doesnt have enough hours in the day. he usually goes to bed at like 3 or 4 and gets up at 7 :eek: its just ridiculous.

they seriously need to sort this out. not healthy!!!!
    Tell me about it, I ended up in hospital for a week because of college! The next week I couldn't do anything either so 2 weeks missed!

Tell me about it, I ended up in hospital for a week because of college! The next week I couldn't do anything either so 2 weeks missed!

YOU ENDED UP IN HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK???:eek::eek::eek:

Are you alright my old stock?

Sorry now to people that heard this already, hate going on about it! but Yeah, I was getting bad headaches, went in and got lumbar puncture, spine stayed leaking, then doctors thought i had meningitus, had all the symptoms lol. I'm fine now though, but I was crippled for the week, neck got stuck and everything, couldn't move and had to lie flat for days.

Oh well time away from computers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

Sorry now to people that heard this already, hate going on about it! but Yeah, I was getting bad headaches, went in and got lumbar puncture, spine stayed leaking, then doctors thought i had meningitus, had all the symptoms lol. I'm fine now though, but I was crippled for the week, neck got stuck and everything, couldn't move and had to lie flat for days.

Oh well time away from computers :P
    thats the reason that why didnt see u reply anything for age years

good luck and take care, have a good rest will help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 legendarylegend

Listen you whiney little belly-acher, suffering suchatajj if you had to put up with what we do in UL, you'd have gone home crying to your momma a long time ago, you and the fás guys over in CIT learning how to tie your laces don't know what real work is!
    You level 7 boys stop whinging, this is my second all nighter in a row

Listen you whiney little belly-acher, suffering suchatajj if you had to put up with what we do in UL, you'd have gone home crying to your momma a long time ago, you and the fás guys over in CIT learning how to tie your laces don't know what real work is!

Ya thats why you are doing your second all nighter because your in UL.

If ye sayed outa the pubs and done a bit more work then maybe you wouldnt have to do yer all nighters.

now please mind your own business.

2nd all nighter? You poor thing. Jesus, if I ever had to do that amount of work I think I'd have to quit. Wow, that is unreal. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

a person from Ul thinking they are better than everyone.. wow. original.

p**s off. seriously.

• Advertisement

Lols

Advertisement