Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3X13 "Dual" ***Caution may contain Spoilers***

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

The heroes find themselves teaming up against one another and the good, or bad, in all of them comes to the surface.

Just watched it and ooooooh my word :cool:

I didn't know it was the last of the season :eek:

How was it? 62 votes

Yataaaa!!
    0% 0 votes
    Cake?! :)
    19% 12 votes
    Meh..
    32% 20 votes
    lost in time
    33% 21 votes
    Claire Bennet
    14% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I've been a fan of this season, but this was truly sh*te,
    why did Knox suddenly back peter? WTF?
    Slyar dead? No chance
    pretty much the same characters as Season 1, as it seems all the newbies have been killed off

where did the Haitian go? why was the African dude there?

Peter gets his powers back -
    Now an X-men 3 style round up so will it be people Vs Heroes (like Season 1 episode in the future, 4 years later?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

hussey wrote: »
    why did Knox suddenly back peter? WTF?
    because if everyone has powers Knox wouldn't be special anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

because if everyone has powers Knox wouldn't be special anymore.

ye that was their excuse,they wouldn't be as special anymore if everyone got powers. Except they didn't seme to have a problem when Arthur was doing the same thing,perhaps they were just afraid of him.

Still though I liked how they killed off pretty much every "extra" character that had been introduced,so that maybe they can start over and get it right again,like season 1.

Sylar is not dead,once the glass is removed he will be back. Good to see Peter get his powers back,but what will happen to Hiro now? No powers,not much use is he?

Claire is quite possibly one of the most annoying characters,Nathan's big shift to the dark side was also annoying. The guy is an idiot.

Other than that it wasn't a bad episode,more enjoyable than most of this season. I liked how Sylar set up the trap for everyone and dispatched of the Level 5 baddies with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I thought it was better than most of the episodes this season. I liked the way sylar locked everyone in a made them look at who they really are, it was very resident evily; trapped in a big old building with no escape and a monster picking people off one by one.

As has been said, Nathan is a dope, he just cant seem to make choices that make sense.

Ando's power is interesting hopefully they'll stay consistent with it.

I was really hoping that mohinder would finally die, but no he lives on to narrate some more bull**** before episodes.

In summary it was much more entertaining that most of this season but still a way off greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Weak. I liked the idea of them being locked in with Sylar and his games but the script was so bad, full of pointless cliches and nonsense. Nathan's shift, Claire et al leaving Sylar shutdown on the floor and leaving rather than chopping his head off (the implication is he was toasted in her mother's blowout but with the prime time soap opera 'quality' of writing no doubt he'll be back). Peter has his powers, Mohinder is cured.... yup, they pressed the reset button and this ENTIRE season has been a complete waste of arc-space. 2 turkeys in a row has killed whatever grace the first season earned them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

What a waste of 13 episodes of TV. Absolute tripe.

I was fully expecting Hiro at some stage to travel back to the final episode of season 2 and have a 'but it was all a dream' type thing happen so S3 could be ignored.

Pathetic season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

That was a poor episode tbh, told us a few things but like good old heroes fashion they can go back on their word with this guy and that guy goin back in time and this one and that one coming back to life

Its like revealing the story every epispde then goin back and changing a few pages...

gets a 4 out of ten for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I loved it.

Peter has his powers back, FINALLY.
    Nathan is solidly a villain, FINALLY.
    Biomom is dead, FINALLY.
    Sylar is officially not related to any Petrelli, FINALLY.

Mohinder's survival and Ando's powers are my biggest annoyances. Michael Dorn playing a black president..... Dunno what to think of that. Clever? Cheesey? Whatev, Warf is on Heroes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Came in here to wonder if I'm missing much.. gave up after episode 4 of this season. Looks like I haven't!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Been a fan since S01.E01, but thinking Heroes jumped the shark a while ago. The entire storyline involving Sylar being a Petrelli was just a little too....soap-ish.

Meh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Oh also,
    the super soldier's death was hilariously quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was like half way through Volume 3, they thought "jesus, this is s**t" and came up with a plan to reset everything. Bryan Fuller is singing the praises of the first few episodes of Volume 4, so I'm hopeful - if anyone can save this show and get it back on track, its the writer of Company Man. Otherwise Volume 4 will be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Well if anything the last volume hopefully should of cleaned the slate for the next Volume, no more messing with powers, no more stupid time travel, just Heroes against the powers and in "Villains" it will probably be the government and some of Nathan cronies.

This volume was disappointing as a whole but hopefully the next one will be better or there mightn't another volume.

And for the love of Christ, can some one please learn how to write a decent ending for once!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

so officially, sylar is unofficialy dead. he had to have burned to death right? hmmmm. i dunno. its really lost its appeal. all my shows are finishing up, i need stuff to watch lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

evil_seed wrote: »
    so officially, sylar is unofficialy dead. he had to have burned to death right? hmmmm. i dunno. its really lost its appeal. all my shows are finishing up, i need stuff to watch lol

Well no, the heat of the explosion would have melted the glass which would allow him to heal fully as per the entirely consistent and intricate healing ability he garnered from Claire. This show is entirely defendable and entertaining. UGH I watched Parasite from series 1 the other day cos I was mighty bored, it was quality :(
    Sarge wrote: »
    <snip>

Why is the mod getting "snip"ped more exciting than the series finale of a tv show?

*officially not a heroes fan anymore*
    Probably won't watch fugitives, at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

doonothing wrote: »
    Why is the mod getting "snip"ped more exciting than the series finale of a tv show?

So true. Complete let down and as someone said above looks like they decided half way through the volume just to start from scratch and use the old reset button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

You say that like it's a bad thing! I would honestly be so happy for the writer's to say "look, we messed up, can we pretend 2 and 3 never happened? We'll just start over from 1 and see if we do better"... And, basically, that's what's happened really, except we have to deal with terrible explanations for the inevitable inadequecies in plot resulting from said terrible explanations...

Just start over! HONESTLY, we won't mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

So bad...the whole show..vol 2 and 3 . Thought they said season 2 was bad ,,this was worse ,,goodnight. pure tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Worst. TV Show. EVER. :)

Quite honestly though, I think this one passed into the "so bad it's good" realm. Awful, dreadful stuff... but I had fun watching it. I think reading the negative responses here beforehand helped a bit.

When does 'Fugitives' start? Anyone still give enough of a **** to Google it and find out? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Seems to air in the US on 2/2/09... After this volume it remains to be seen if I'll still care by then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

That was completely sh**e. So Sylar's endgame again is to solve his mommy/daddy issues, by showing everyone they are monsters? It could have been good but such a lame execution of that plot: from Claire's constant frown, to her shooting the phone (that'll show him! Even though she only had six shots anyway...) to Meredith walking around with a gun (she can er... throw flames from her hands, why the hell does she need a gun?).

Pinehearst was even worse... so Arthur really is dead, super soldier is super useless, Nathan/Peter competing for who is the whiniest b***h, Mohinder ingesting about x10 doses of the formula but the only effect is that he is cured, etc. And why is everyone assuming Peter got his original powers back? From what was shown, it only seems like he got flight, by injecting the formula (which is officially the crappiest power in the show). But yeah, just like with season 2, not a single bloody thing that happened matters...

And Hiro's great accomplishment 16 years ago was that he caused the formula piece of paper to be ripped in two - "Yata"! What an achievement...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Did enjoy the sudden death of supersoldier. Thought it was kind of funny. I know it's a bit pointless posting goofs about a show about people with superpowers but:

When Flashette (Couldn't be arsed remembering her name) gets charged by Ando to go faster than light to go back in time to save Hiro...... how did they get back to the present?

Also, did Peter get his powers back or did he get the power of flight I wonder.... If I even care at this stage. Bring back BSG

ah, didn't see that:
    J-blk wrote:
    And why is everyone assuming Peter got his original powers back? From what was shown, it only seems like he got flight, by injecting the formula

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Heroes is over for me. The 2nd and 3rd seasons were absolute ****e and I will watch no more.

I thought it was ok. A little question though, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Hiro and Peter had their powers naturally, no injections. It's in their DNA. So, when Pa Patrelli took their powers, is it possible that a tiny tiny piece of their power still remains? So if Ando uses his power on Hiro, he could get his time travel power back? And Peter injecting himself with the formula, maybe it "reawakened" his powers also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I dont know what to say about that. The sylar bit was interesting and had the potential to be the best scene in the series and it was utterly average.
    Then as someone said above, Daphne figured out how to go back in time but how did she come back to present day, run backwards.
    Ando's power is just there for convenience and to close the volume.
    They are covering their mistakes and doing it badly if you ask me. Isn't Ando's power supposed to be something that can hurt Hiro at least as it shows when Hiro goes forward a few years and Ando is trying to kill him.
    Glass will melt and Sylar will survive presumably. Nathans last scene was just for sheer shock value. Remember that Sylar was impersonating Nathan in the future in season 1. I think that was season one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Shockingly bad, I'm done. The amount of plot holes was ridiculous, and the acting and dialogue was appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Where did Arthurs body go? Peter didnt take it with him as he just walks past it and when Nathan came around the body was gone. Cant imagine the marine saw two people on the ground and wastes time doing a bit of a spring clean before trying to revive Nathan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

When Flashette (Couldn't be arsed remembering her name) gets charged by Ando to go faster than light to go back in time to save Hiro...... how did they get back to the present?

Travelling faster than light, theoretically, allows you to go backwards and forwards in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Did anyone else crack up at the writing regarding Ando's ability?

I mean, Parkman's "Of course, its just like Einstein" (paraphrased of course).

I think if a 6 year old were writing a tv script, this is the kind of dialogue they would use. Either that or we are back at my Garth Merenghi theory.

I have to admit, I am slightly intrigued by the super soldier story. As others have mentioned this is well trodden ground in comic book lore and there is plenty of material there for them to explore. Hopefully the new writing for Volume 4 will explore this in an interesting way.

Advertisement