Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Name a song you've recently discovered and would like to share thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Think Richard Hawley is the better solo artist between the two pulp members. Wouldnt be mad on that song tbh.

i'd prefer Jarvis myself..Hawley is ok but his stuff reminds me too much of Sanatra for some reason and i never liked him..each to their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

i'd prefer Jarvis myself..Hawley is ok but his stuff reminds me too much of Sanatra for some reason and i never liked him..each to their own
    Just saying as a solo artist Hawley probably has carved out the better niche for himself. But as a front man Cocker was one of the best

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Scien wrote: »
    The first single from (Bloc Partys) Kele.

Not bad, sounds like it would have fitted in easily on Intimacy.

I think it's terrible but i didn't expect it to be anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

M.I.A. goes punk. I love it. A lot of people won't. I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a fúck either way.

You can listen to the song here: http://neetrecordings.com/BoooooornFREE/

And you can watch the hugely controversial 9-minute video here: (removed from youtube. Violence, nudity, profanity, racism theme - ginger racism at least!) NSFW http://www.miauk.com/

[MOD WARNING]
    The video linked to above has been removed from Youtube (although it has been reposted since).

It contains scenes of explicit violence against children and adults. Do not watch if you are sensitive to scenes of this nature.

The only thing worse than that MIA song is the video. Total sensationalism, you would do well to find something that clumsy in a tabloid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lauriew

Pretty awesome new indie/folky girl band!
    Great sound.. theyre tipped for big things, gonna be appearing on balcony TV at the end of june! really new and different sound, i like it :)

lauriew wrote: »
    Pretty awesome new indie/folky girl band!
    Great sound.. theyre tipped for big things, gonna be appearing on balcony TV at the end of june! really new and different sound, i like it :)

Just wondering, who's tipping them for big things?

"No Loving You" - another sweet summery choon from Those Pesky Kids! Ukelele, and what a beautiful voice! :)

lordgoat wrote: »
    That video needs some working on. Have the very man for the job ;)

lordgoat wrote: »

Alison Curtis of TodayFM i believe, and The Delorentos. :)

• Advertisement

Alison Curtis of TodayFM i believe, and The Delorentos. :)
    Thats okay then :rolleyes:

That video needs some working on. Have the very man for the job ;)

Well one of the reasons im familiar with them is that these girls are from around my local area... (went to see them play at Ashbournes Battle of the Bands recently, which they won, and were fantastic :) ) and although i dont know them well directly, if youve got any contacts or help for them, i could send it their way somehow, if you like?

Well one of the reasons im familiar with them is that these girls are from around my local area... (went to see them play at Ashbournes Battle of the Bands recently, which they won, and were fantastic :) ) and although i dont know them well directly, if youve got any contacts or help for them, i could send it their way somehow, if you like?
    Tell you what if they need someone to direct a video for them, a guy on here very good at it.
    Honestly anyone posting a video like that would't get very far. The tune was decent enough.
    Thats pointing them in the right direction.Post a better video really or something from myspace.
    If Alison said they are good that is a good enough recommendation but hotly tipped is putting too fine a point on it IMO

Tell you what if they need someone to direct a video for them, a guy on here very good at it.
    Honestly anyone posting a video like that would't get very far. The tune was decent enough.
    Thats pointing them in the right direction.Post a better video really or something from myspace.
    If Alison said they are good that is a good enough recommendation but hotly tipped is putting too fine a point on it IMO

Yeah i agree, video isnt impressive at all, actually i dont think they have any high quality ones yet, at least none ive seen. Twas the audio I was referring to though, when saying how much I liked it :)
    Just checked there, and they do have myspace, but nothing on it at the moment... they need to get cracking!

Yeah i agree, video isnt impressive at all, actually i dont think they have any high quality ones yet, at least none ive seen. Twas the audio I was referring to though, when saying how much I liked it :)
    Just checked there, and they do have myspace, but nothing on it at the moment... they need to get cracking!
    To point you in right direction there is a pimp my band section in the drop down menu on music section which is probably a good place to start. Re that song it has some potential .
    Anyway here is the link for you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=291565

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Would there be merit in renaming this thread to something like Random Video, Music & Gig Chat ??

Just a thought..
    Ah well Scien was just helping yer one out with her video. Has to be a little bit of leeway given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'm going to cheat slightly here cause I haven't just discovered this song but I've been back in full Pavement mode lately in preparation for their gig next week in Tripod.

So, y'know, call it abuse of mod powers if you will but god damn if this isn't a brilliant song:

• Advertisement

Heard this song but had no idea this band sung. Really they must be world's best kept secret at this stage. Shades of REM cirque chronic Town here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Jarvis Cocker & Kid Loco - I Just Came To Tell You...

It's not new but i just found it a few weeks ago

It's a half-decent cover. Their previous collaboration on "Jesus Life..." (A little soul) is one of my favourite remixes ever though

Caught this crowd on Jools the other day. From Athens Georgia. Shades of Tom Petty here . Nice lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 richard_III

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Would there be merit in renaming this thread to something like Random Video, Music & Gig Chat ??

Just a thought..

As creator of the thread, I'd really like if the title was left as it is with the added stipulation "No song, no post", similar to Know your Nerds.

So Mods, could that be added to the title in brackets?

And so with that, a nice gentle song, just click play on the page below:

http://hypem.com/#/search/lovers%20stay%20another%20night/1/

(nothing on youtube as of yet)

kraggy wrote: »
    As creator of the thread, I'd really like if the title was left as it is with the added stipulation "No song, no post", similar to Know your Nerds.

So Mods, could that be added to the title in brackets?

And so with that, a nice gentle song, just click play on the page below:

http://hypem.com/#/search/lovers%20stay%20another%20night/1/

(nothing on youtube as of yet)
    Again there will be some interest in some song posted and someone might want to enquire about it. Think the odd bit of chit chat does no harm at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Again there will be some interest in some song posted and someone might want to enquire about it. Think the odd bit of chit chat does no harm at all.

I agree. People like to enquire about bands that they listen to on this thread.

But let's try and keep the chat from taking over please. If you want to discuss a band at length start a new thread or take it to PM perhaps.

And to keep the ball rolling here's another song from Mumblin' Deaf Ro - The Hero Is A Graduate. I just heard this for the first time on Friday night at his gig in the Joinery. Here it is live in the Lower Deck:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Nothing wrong with chat, as long as there is a song posted with the comment.

It's gotten out of hand at this stage. The reason I started the thread was so that it would be a handy source for new material. Sifting through pages of chat is really, really annoying. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a song with your comments.

Advertisement