Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Name a song you've recently discovered and would like to share thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

New one from Ellie. Not as immediate as Starry Eyed but a good follow up nonetheless. Quite a good comeback for the women recently and Kate Nash had a decent enough set on Jools on Friday. Not sure if she was miming on guitar though on one of the tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nneka: Heartbeat:

Came across this artist from the Skins website earlier in the year, album is fairly decent but this song is quality imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lulJdMKaZw

You me at Six: Liquid Confidence:

Came across them on the BBC Radio One weekend playlist...still not sure whether I like their album or not but this song is decent:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

I've recently discovered this band, Switchfoot, from youtubing.
    and now I'm constantly listening to their songs. This song is nice, it's called
    'Enough to let me go'.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

New one from Ellie. Not as immediate as Starry Eyed but a good follow up nonetheless. Quite a good comeback for the women recently and Kate Nash had a decent enough set on Jools on Friday. Not sure if she was miming on guitar though on one of the tracks.

can't stand her. it's pop and bad pop at best. Give me Nash or Gaga ahead of her any day of the week!

lordgoat wrote: »
    can't stand her. it's pop and bad pop at best. Give me Nash or Gaga ahead of her any day of the week!
    Whats with Nashers new luck. Bad hair day as they say. Loved her debut single but dont know her new stuff sounds a bit forced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel

I'm guessing a lot of you will have heard this before as it's from the late 90s but the song, album and band are all new to me. I first heard this song about 6 months ago and didn't think much of it, but recently heard it again and it's just amazing imo. The more I listen to it the more I love it, and the rest of the album also - it's rapidly becoming one of my favourite albums of all time.

http://www.myspace.com/davidturpin/

Bone Dance to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Just started listening to Mumblin' Deaf Ro recently and I'm particularly taken with this song.

"Lonely as a lighthouse on a choppy northern coast..."

Touch of Jeff Lewis and a bit of 30's old-timey guitar in there. Oddlly listenable, glad i stuck with it to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I guess a load of you will know this one. I'm a MBV fan, for sure, but I'm one of those only-has-Loveless fans. Heard this one for the first time Yesterday, awesome :cool:

• Advertisement

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I guess a load of you will know this one. I'm a MBV fan, for sure, but I'm one of those only-has-Loveless fans. Heard this one for the first time Yesterday, awesome :cool:

actually saw them live. Think it was the SFX. Without question the loudest gig ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

actually saw them live. Think it was the SFX. Without question the loudest gig ever

I caught them at Electric Picnic 2008. We only got a fifteen minute version of the 'holocaust'... :p Indeed a very loud show. Loved it :)

Think this is Ash's latest and quite good. Not sure if agree with this whole single a month a lark but McLoone reckons the album sounds good. The piano bits on this interesting as it doesnt follow a natural note progression from what i can make of track. But as said like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm heading to Pukkelpop in August and was just having a listen to some bands I've never heard of before.

Came across this band.

Amazing. I think they're from Northern Ireland so fair play to them for managing to get on to a big European festival.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm heading to Pukkelpop in August and was just having a listen to some bands I've never heard of before.

Came across this band.

Amazing. I think they're from Northern Ireland so fair play to them for managing to get on to a big European festival.

Yup. They're from the North. Good band, getting a lot of positive press over the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

I was at that! It was around 92 or 93.

Can't say it was a great gig to be honest - it was mostly just indecipherable noise - but it was loud as hell. I remember looking around and seeing Dave Fanning standing at the back of the SFX with earplugs in!

I was at that! It was around 92 or 93.

Can't say it was a great gig to be honest - it was mostly just - but it was loud as hell. I remember looking around and seeing Dave Fanning standing at the back of the SFX with earplugs in!

He had more sense than you then! most MBV gigs are better wtith earplugs apparently. You get to physically feel the music due to the loudness, and the earplugs make the indecipherable noise pleasant. This is not from personal experience but a good friend of mines loves them and swears by this method.

lordgoat wrote: »
    He had more sense than you then! most MBV gigs are better wtith earplugs apparently. You get to physically feel the music due to the loudness, and the earplugs make the indecipherable noise pleasant. This is not from personal experience but a good friend of mines loves them and swears by this method.
    You would have thought they would have supplied the earplugs then for us lowly fans. Typical DJs getting preferential treatment :D

You've got to wear earplugs at a My Bloody Valentine gig. Otherwise you can't make out what they're playing.

I've seen people at MBV gigs telling their friends they don't need them and by the end they've got their hands over their ears.

Earplugs = essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

This song is just beautiful -

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    This song is just beautiful -

So whats the deal with yer man. Good pick there Xavi. If its recently new ill put it up on my next song of the month thread which will be a very big one given the output of songs this month

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

can anyone find a clip of the walkmen playing 138th street?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

donfers wrote: »
    can anyone find a clip of the walkmen playing 138th street?

Great choice!

I've always been partial to.........

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So whats the deal with yer man. Good pick there Xavi. If its recently new ill put it up on my next song of the month thread which will be a very big one given the output of songs this month

He's a Swedish singer/songwriter and his new album 'The Wild Hunt' came out two weeks ago. It's very very good.

The song in the video is the title track.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Scien wrote: »
    Pretty solid album alright... My buddy has been raving about him for months.... This was the first song of his I heard, still my favourite.

Saw him in Whelan's last year - he's great - and far from tall actually! Playing Whelan's again in June.

This is my fave song of his from his debut album Shallow Graves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Jarvis Cocker & Kid Loco - I Just Came To Tell You...

It's not new but i just found it a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Jarvis Cocker & Kid Loco - I Just Came To Tell You...

It's not new but i just found it a few weeks ago
    Think Richard Hawley is the better solo artist between the two pulp members. Wouldnt be mad on that song tbh.

Advertisement