Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet in Lidl - Bargain warning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

ThOnda wrote: »
    There will be a tablet in Lidl from Monday the 15th. It is almost A4 size. I have bought the same one in Aldi last year with different name, but it is the one.
    I have to say that I am very happy with it for it's price. Working correctly for more than one year and in my opinion it is very good value for the money.

Link is here and the price is €50 minus Cent.

Thanks for the Heads-up Th0nda, I was already drooling over this when I saw it in my email notification from Lidl. Got home last night and my wife asked what I want for Christmas from my mother-in-law. No prizes for guessing what I suggested.

I will be looking forward to Christmas day when I can get my mitts on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

oscarBravo wrote: »

OOh that looks perfect....
    Any idea where you could get your hands on one of those nowadays?...

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Eppie

This sounds deadly; but does anyone know if it works on Mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

slemons wrote: »

Aldi might still have them, because, according to this, they were on offer last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

slemons wrote: »

Thanks!

They have one here. I've never used Misco, but I do keep thinking about one of those digitial notepads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

What about the software that comes with this Aiptek tablet - is it any good? Or would I really need to get Photoshop to take advantage of it? Are there any good freeware alternatives out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

trap4 wrote: »
    What about the software that comes with this Aiptek tablet - is it any good? Or would I really need to get Photoshop to take advantage of it? Are there any good freeware alternatives out there?

The Gimp is an opensource Photoshop alternative that is pretty good.You can download it at www.gimp.org.

I think you can find something called Gimpshop online somewhere too that gives Gimp a similar user interface to Photoshop.I haven't tried it but you can google it and see for yourself what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Just got the tablet, using it now. So far, I'm pretty happy with it. The pen takes an aaa battery, which tehy supply, and comes with refills for some reason. Its standard is 16:10 but can be set to 4:3 as well. There is a template for the hotkeys, basically a sheet of paper with icons printed on it. Would be very easy to make your own, as each of the 29 hotkeys can be assigned to do anything.

There were 3 in when I got there, I dont know if that was all they had or if there were people there at 8am.

Edit: It takes a bit of getting used to, I'm gonna use it instead of a mouse for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Hide your mouse for few days :-)

I have checked one Lidl in the morning and they had only one left. And it was hidden behind the counter, to prevent people taking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

I couldnt get one :( Sold out. I really should of got up at the crack of dawn. There sold out in Coolock, Finglas, and Thomas street branch. I dont know about the others.

Im actually surprized i didnt think this would be the everyday item someone would buy.

• Advertisement

I checked in Bradford store last week, but they had none.
    Will try again today, but ask them, instead of wandering around for an hour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

They had 5 at Lucan when I got there at 9.30 this morning. 3 were there when I left at 10.30

Using it now on the Mac. It does take a bit of getting used to.

In LR2, everytime I go to do a crop on an image it goes to 1:1 which is annoying. There must be a setting to stop that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I got rid of the buttons and use it purely as a pointing device. My life is much easier this way. Those buttons could be annoying sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

All gone in Togher, Cork. Bah.

all gone everywhere now, i just rang :( i hope they get more in

All gone in Togher, Cork. Bah.

faithy wrote: »
    all gone everywhere now, i just rang :( i hope they get more in

Ah balls! I had sent out a request to source one in Cork for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Im actually surprized i didnt think this would be the everyday item someone would buy.

I got one in Aldi last year (still have to use it properly TBH, apart from Illustrator work..) and there was a massive queue outside. Apparently the traders from the markets buy up all the electrical and computing stuff and then sell it on. Or so I was told on the day. I only barely managed to grab one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

there was only 3 left in the Inner Ring Road Store in Waterford at 9 this morning. I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Four still on sale in Lidl, Nangor Road as of 15:49, just home from the store;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

got mine in clonee store.. they only had one empty box on display and the bloke went to retrieve the item from a store in the back.

• Advertisement

Four still on sale in Lidl, Nangor Road as of 15:49, just home from the store;)

OMG everytime i ring lidle they say there sold out everywhere. Maybe i should just go upto the nagor road one and hope for the best.

Anyone try the Churchfield store in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

All gone in the Nangor Road :(

are you sure? Were u there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

are you sure? Were u there?

Was there 60 mins ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

There's a fairly new Lidl in Deansgrange in Dublin, anyone try there? I'm gonna ring em tomorrow maybe and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Dunno where you looked or what the satff may have told you but I just picked up the last two 30 mins ago for the two ppl who pm'd asking me to get them.

Got someone to check Waterford and Bandon, without any luck. :(
    Checked Bradford, but yer wan looked at me like I had six heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I got one in Togher, Cork. There was only 3 tablets for sale, all gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭M.T

I picked up one in the Walkinstown Avenue one. They had about 10 or 12 this morning. I'll pop in tomorrow morning and post if they have any.

Cheers Th0nda.

Advertisement